Chapter 28: Negative Stumping
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The reason why the previous Home Alone with Culkin was able to achieve great box office was due to children repeatedly clamoring to watch it again and again.

Their urge to imitate Kevin was dumbfounding that it would constantly appear on major news networks.

What happened in the past timeline was also happening now.

Most children are imagining that they grow up quickly and can do a lot of things that they can't do now.

From the perspective of the child, this movie 'Home Alone' has realized what most children want to do but can't do, dare to do or can't do.

A group of children in North America quickly spurred a wave of imitations of Kevin McAllister.

A newspaper in San Francisco even reported a real 'Home Alone' incident. A nine-year-old boy, who had watched Home Alone, and was readying himself to go on a vacation with the family. In the same Kevin scenario but pre-planned, while the adults and cousins were ready to vacation in Hawaii, he had secretly locked himself in a room.

The parents with six children did not really find out until later. After the family flew to Hawaii, they found that the boy was gone.

The boy's parents had to give up their vacation and fly back to San Francisco from Hawaii. At the same time, the boy had already made a mess of his family, waiting for the arrival of the thieves and bandits.

Unfortunately for the boy, his worried parents returned and gave him a good old-fashioned lesson with props such as his father's belt.

As for verifying the story's credibility, it didn't matter. The paper that published it had earned substantial sales, Creed Distributions didn't pay for the publicity, and Alexander was saved from doing propaganda work.

He just didn't want to become someone akin to a zoo animal on display. For the future Home Alone releases, he has already prepared perfect propaganda moves that would save him from nagging reporters and be safe in the comfort of his home.

------

As of the moment, the screening of Home Alone has reached 2,000 screens due to popular demand.

It also rose in popularity when news of box office numbers came in from overseas. The Creed Distributions entrance examination was pushed to the peak and the entrants did their absolute best.

Even the theaters with strained relationships with America were showing Hollywood films. The benefits of driving men and women and culture transcend the constructs of race.

The exact numbers from the countries and regions varied but it was within the range of 28 million dollars. It was a bit underwhelming but the upcoming Christmas weeks should drive the numbers into an upward trajectory.

When a movie dominates North America, the marketing in the film industry of foreign countries is set.

When a movie dominates the foreign theater industry, it also gauges an effect on the domestic box office.

Despite the cultural difference and language barrier, the global box office would mostly be parallel and synergistic for its domestic part and the overseas part.

In a way, Home Alone had a stable momentum dominating the two fronts of the global theater market.

-------

With a draconic flight trajectory, jealous lizards would spring up and try to pull the monster down.

The major studios' slander tactic arrived without impediment. Since a film distribution juggernaut threatened their way of living in a hidden but powerful manner, they would obviously fight back.

Their first wave was the negative effect of Home Alone on society.

Headlines and news articles containing taglines such as, 'What evil Kevin instills in our youth?', 'The rise of mischief and disobedience.', 'The stupidity of traps and its true lethality!', 'The gullibility of the fake adults in the Home Alone movie!'.

The majors and their constant monetary supply to media resulted in overwhelming negative news about Home Alone.

When the studio executives thought that Home Alone was done for, a single and strategic article was what reversed the wave and practically nullified it.

'Home Alone: An old man's gift to his grieving grandson.'

Alexander Creed, the young actor that portrayed the sensational Kevin McAllister, was a victim of a tragic incident that made him lose his parents and suffer depression.

Home Alone director 'Sullivan Creed' hopes to show positivity in his grandson's parentless life. Even though his old bones provided shelter to his beloved grandson, the fresh incident would always leave Alexander alone.

A home is a family, not an objectable house. With the loss of his parents and Sullivan's old age, he wanted to uplift the inevitable fate that the young Alex would meet and make being home alone, not too saddening. One can always remember family in their heart and being home alone is not so bad.

It essentially told the sob story behind the creation of the wondrous Home Alone.

Just like how the poorest and most tragic would somehow win in talent competitions, Home Alone's truthful backstory was enough to offset the faults of the movie that the competitors want to brainwashingly highlight.

The Creed duo and the production team behind Home Alone were too elusive and private that their very first official opening up to the media was a hot topic.

Sullivan and Alexander paid nothing for contacting a certain news reporter and it was up to the rest of the media groups to put a spin on the story.

They essentially spent nothing and perfectly countered the money-burning manipulation of the competitors.

All that the negative onslaught and the Alexander sob story brought into the table was driving up the momentum of the movie.

'The Naked Gun: From the Files of the Police Squad!' was squashed from being a potential black sheep. Superstar-driven 'Tequila Sunrise' was not saved from the momentum.

They had successful premieres and box office run but Home Alone defied expectation and topped the box office once again.

It made all of their corresponding distributors feel that they'd shot themselves in their own feet.

The negative news significantly died down lest their upcoming releases are affected. To the great surprise of many industry insiders, the arrogant major studios behaved and just let nature take its course.

The truth was that they were unwilling to continue because they would burn through their budget if they went on with the pointless charade.

Creed Films and Creed Distributors won without even confronting the giants head-on.

This is just going to be plain horrendous, silly, and more disgusting than my main trashy work.

You've been warned!

0