The False Hope
2 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

PAGE 2 BLOWN COVER

Inside the room, a group of adults with a flower on their dresses were on one side. On the opposite side, children and young adults. In the center, Hoilsten wears his new top having a flower without its stem.

One of the adults came toward Hoilsten with a smile and announced, "Herewith, completing age 11, Hoilsten will be a part of young adults. Here onwards will work for our growth of the family."

Some were unconcerned about being here. Some were happy for Hoilsten. But anyway, everybody started clapping.

"Okay, everybody, get ready to eat, and Jake and Mandla, you're coming with me," said the adult and started to bring food on pots, along with Jake.

Hoilsten did not sit in his usual place and was at the adult's table. His plate contains more than usual because it's his first day as a young adult. However, he might try he couldn't hide nervousness from his face.

At the adult table, there were five adults, including Hoilsten's parents and Hoilsten himself. One of the adults asked, " Are you happy, Hoilsten?"

"Yes, Uncle Felix," Hoilsten replied without a second delay.

"Really? but people will be nagging you from now onwards about the daily work you should do, and you won't have much time to play as before. Not to mention double the physical and mental exercise you have to do daily."

Felix stopped there as he heard Hoilsten about to reply, but then he didn't. Hoilsten was panicked as it came to his mind, 'The test has begun!'. It was the main reason why children hate to turn 12.

"It is not a test. Calm down. We are just asking." one of the adults said as if she could read Hoilsten's mind. Then Hoilsten cleared his mind, about to answer.

Every adult, including Hoilsten's parents, keenly listened for his answer. Even though they knew it would be a childish reason, adults believe it is an important question.

"I want to dig...because mother said this entire cave was dug out by people!." Hoilsten continued with excitement, "So I also want to dig big rooms and rooms for everyone!." ended with a confident face.

After hearing this, the adults were satisfied with the answer. Now, Hoilsten could relax a bit."Hoilsten, of course you can darling, now eat before the food gets cold."

Finally, Hoilsten's parents opened her mouth.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Did you feed the cattle?" Felix asked Mandla, one of the young adults, as she was entering the room.

"Yes, Yelene helped me."

"Okay, where is Jake?"

"His rest time is not over, so he should be in the leisure room," Mandla answered, seeing the candle clock.

"Oh, okay."

Felix entered the leisure room, searching for Jake.

Jake entered just before Felix did. Felix saw Jake and called him out of the room. "Jake, where were you yerstarday when the clocks off?" Felix hissed seriously, which is unusual for him.

"I was in the disposal area helping aunt Jenny," Jake blurt out with nervousness under his breath.

"Okay, acting smart, huh? I will ask Jenny. If it isn't, you will be-."

"Jake! Mandla called for work." Katina interuppted the conversation.

Grabbing this opportunity, Jake escaped from the situation.

Jake went off to see Mandla. While going, his mind is full of thought

'How my father knows about that? I should have been careful. But it's okay. He doesn't know that Hoilsten knows about it.'

Then he sees Yelene on the way.

" Oh, you came. Jake, aunt Margret called us to help with cooking."

"Okay, let's go then." Jake was just about to go and saw the candle clock. He was stuck there for a moment.

"What happened?" Yelene asked.

"Nothing. Where is Mandla?"

"Oh she left at her work time ends. It is scary how punctual she is without even a clock around. It is as if she has a clock in her head ." Yelene said with his finger pointing to his head.

Meanwhile, Jake was deep in his thoughts.

"You listening?" Yelene asked as he was concerned about his dull face. Jake came out of his thoughts.

"Hmmm yeah, about that clock in the head" just now, recollecting what Yelene said, "I think we all have a clock in our head. It is one of my theories, can I tell you? " Jake said with a smile.

"You won't stop even if I say no, will you?" Yelene said with a smile.

.

.

.

Hoiltsen was waiting for when will he be called.

"Hoilsten!" Felix tapped on Hoilsten's shoulder.

"Uncle Felix, are you going to test me?" Hoilsten asked with little concern.

"No, silly! I am here to guide you to your journey," Felix said with laughter "now shall we go."

'Being with him always makes you feel better, but now he is a little sad lately. I think he is just concerned about me.' Hoilsten thought to himself as he walked through the hall with Felix.

They came toward a doorway of the fitness room, then Felix stopped, "Hoilsten, go and defeat her!" Felix pushed Hoilsten into the room.

Inside the room, a woman stands with a dark stick. Around the room were various weights made of stones and a square piece of leather on the wall.

'There will be levels for each part like strength, stamina, memory. I have to complete as much as I can. My job depends on the test results and my choice. If I do things Jake said, I will get the digger.'

"Shall we start the test?" the woman asked with a straight face.

"Yes, Aunt Rosey!" Hoilsten replied.

Outside the room, Felix walked fast, searching for other adults. 'I should have guessed this would have happend, I should keep a meeting as soon as possible. Now that even those books are involved in it.'

Some hours had passed. In the fitness room, Rosey was more or less in the same position as before but had black stains on her hand instead of that stick. "Hoilsten, the test is completed, and I have evaluated your score. Now tell me, what job do you need?"

Hoilsten was in front of her, tired and drenched in sweat, standing weakly.

"Digger, there are no second thoughts on that."

"Then congratulations, Hoilsten, you are now a digger-"

"YEAAAA!!" Hoilsten screamed with little tears in his eyes. He ran toward Rosey and hugged her.

Then he ran out of the room to say it to everybody. Rosey could hear Hoilsten screaming, "I AM A DIGGER BOY!" outside the room. Rosey couldn't help but laugh at it.

After saying it to as many people as he could, he falls asleep. Then he was woken up by Jake. "Wake up, fellow digger, let's have lunch.". Hoilsten woke up, comprehending what had happened. Standing up, Hoilsten asked Jake, "How do you know?"

"With all your screaming, the whole world knows it...Hey, after lunch, we need to meet." said the latter part with seriousness.

1