Desert travels(MS)
135 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We continue our travel in search for a settlement. It was hot. Scorching hot. The pain on our feet as we carry our baggage is real. However no one really say anything. After all we have one knight carrying a who knows how heavy throne on his back with a girl that feels lifeless broken doll. He never once mention any trouble at all. In fact, he is happy. He simply tell stories as we walk happily. Can you even believe that? I am not even sure if he is just forcing himself or he is truly happy but we just bit our lip and clench our fists as we proceed onwards.

"By the way Gerald." I call to him.

"Yes lady Eris?" He replied with a smile.

"Do you have any idea which direction is the spawn point? Or maybe the town itself?" I asked.

"I believe my skill tells me we just need to continue onwards." He answered.

"Seriously? What kind of skill is that?" Emy suddenly asked after hearing his reply.

"One of the spy series. Called zone scout." 

"Zone... Scout?" I asked.

"Yes lady Eris. Zone scout or should I say scout which is his base, is a middle class skill that allows the user to see information related to a target area. Before, scout can only see information on the suer's surroundings then it became area scout with bigger range and finally zone scout which I believe the highest level." Gerald explain.

"Wow. So you have that skill since before? That should have taken long to accomplish!" Emy replied.

"Certainly. Even my guardian skills are with me since 5 years already yet not a single one evolved yet. I'm jealous." Velvet sighs.

"You don't have to lady Velvet. Some skills are simply strong enough as is. And scout skill are obtainable in the market so anyone can have it. The long run is what makes scout a great skill." Gerald replied.

"Wait Gerald. Does that mean all skills are bound to evolve?" I asked curiously.

"I wouldn't say all but I believe all skills have it's own quirks. Some may evolve some may remain as is. What matters the most is how flexible your mind is on each skill usage." 

"I see. That said do you have other skills series per chance?" I asked.

"It's not a secret but I have other one called guardian knight." 

Velvet raised her brows upon hearing his other skill series.

"Guardian knight? Care to explain the difference of that to the primary class guardian?" Velvet asked.

"Of course lady Velvet. Guardian knight is a 'unique' skill series. As you all know, there are 3 main type of class. Primary, middle and high. And the same with skills. They are categorized based on their equivalent or should we say compatible class. Scout skill for one is a primary skill. Meaning all classes can use it. On the other hand, some skills that are categorized middle or high can't be equipped unless of the user also use one middle or high class."

"Oh.... Never heard of that." I said.

(But how can I use frost?)

"That said there are exceptions." Gerald added.

"Is that the unique class?" Elly asked.

"You're correct lady Elly." Gerald praised her. "Unique class are those who are outside the 3 main category. Although the reason it's not under the three is not because of it's strength or diversity. But rather because each unique class or skills have a drawback or conditions set on them."

(Conditions?)

"Take my guardian knight for example. It is a powerful defensive class that can even deal damage based on the damage the user received. That said It can only show it's strength if the user did a 'service'. That service pertains to when a knight devout himself to a lady in which he will offer his life to serve. In my case I serve prin-" *ahem* "I serve lady Kanna." Gerald laughs a little after the oopsies he did.

(Princess...) I thought

(He said princess right?) Emy looks at me and others while thinking.

(I'm sure it's princess sis) Looks at Emy.

(So she is a royalty...) Velvet stares.

*Ahem* "anyways I believe it is truly one of it's kind but always be careful when using unique since once used, it cannot be removed. The series or skill itself binds to the user. It can be unequipped but it cannot be removed in yourself." Gerald explained as he try to hide his blunder.

"I see." I replied while the three nods behind me.

(So that is why my luck series forced me to put all stats to luck. Darn... Although it's pretty good I am still conflicted. Knowing that I still have one skill unknown and a talent unknown.)

We returned to our travels quietly as we all endure our hardship while casually defeating monsters who blocks our way mainly some sand scorpions or desert eagles which is annoying but doable after all we have 2 guardians here.

-user Eris killed 40 sand scorpions and 23 desert eagles.-

-since the party consists of 6 members the exp are divided to all party members-

-Eris received 1050 exp-

-level up-

-obtained 5 white dice-

-current white dice in possession: 26-

Night came and once again we camp together. It was a harmonious party despite the fact that Kanna remained staring nowhere as she sat on the throne.

Velvet cooked a hearty soup this time while Gerald walks around the area with Elly as they talk while watching guard. Leaving Emy and me in the fireplace waiting for Velvet.

Velvet suddenly asks me.

"Eris. Care to tell me why are you interested in asking about the unique class earlier?" Velvet asked without removing her stare from the pot she's cooking with.

(Wow... Velvet noticed me. She is quite perceptive)

"Well... It's not actually a secret it's just I am unsure. Since my skill series are quite something. That said I think it's a unique. So when I think I am sure I will inform you guys. Sorry for keeping it from you all." I lowered my head.

Emy quickly hugged me as Velvet rushed to my side to hug me too.

"I'm sorry Eris. I am not pushing you or something. I am just curious so don't mind it okay?" Velvet gently pats my head as she and Emy embraced me.

"Oh... Okay. I promise to tell you guys if something happens." I promised.

"Of course. We are party right?" Emy gently pat me in the back.

"Emy is right. We trust you and we know you trust us too." Velvet reassures me.

"Yes. Thank you Velvet. Thank you Emy." 

The three of us continued hugging before Velvet breaks it and return to cooking. Emy on the other hand keeps her hand remained on my back and starts caressing it.

"Er... Emy ..." I asked in a low voice.

"Yes Eris?" She replied as her hands travels lower down to my bum giving it a squeeze.

"Not... Here..." I whisper as I bit my pinky.

"And where can I do it?" She asked.

"urghh... Fine. Come to my tent tonight." I sighed.

"Perfect. Get ready for tonight Eris." She leaned closer to me ears. "I won't let you sleep after all" whispers before licking my ears and quickly returning to her sit as if nothing happened.

*Gulp*

I feel myself anticipating about tonight because of this. Now I can't focus and keep squirming on my sit as I notice Emy giving me a smirk who knows what they meant.

12