Bard 2(MS)
98 6 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"By the way what's with your skill earlier Henry?" I asked Henry as we all now sitting together around the bonfire.

Velvet slowly passes bowl of soups to each of us while Emy and Elly sitting with their backs on each other. Gerald taking care of Kanna before going back to his sit to eat.

Henry takes a soup and sip

"Delicious~" He claims making Velvet smile and nod before taking her own bowl.

"Anyways my class is bard. I specialized in using buff and debuff skills. Although in my case I only use buff skills."

"Uh huh." I nod while listening to him as I take a sip on my soup which is infact delicious before taking a bite on my barbecue which is the poultry meat earlier.

"Supposedly, I received a report saying a flock of those desert turkey from a friend. I heard it's simple poultry so I decided to scout it out. Unfortunately someone tossed a fireball out of nowhere and the poultry thought it came from see so there you saw what happens next." Henry explained.

"That's unfortunate." Gerald said as he bites his meat on stick while screaming 'delicious' out of nowhere.

"Yea- wait noo! You said scout right!" I place my bowl on the ground as I came towards Henry, shaking his shoulder.

"Y..yes." he replied as I shook him.

"That means you know the way right? To the nearest town!" I asked.

"O...oh... In that case the nearest one is the town of Minard. That's where my shop is."

"OOOOOOOHHHH" All of us maybe except Henry and Kanna reacts to his reply.

"Finally sis!" Elly jumps around with Emy as they place their bowls on the ground too and started celebrating.

Velvet lets out a sigh and a big smile as relief starts flooding in her system.

Gerald now sitting beside Henry slaps his back loudly although I doubt he actually damaged Henry with that one seeing the two laughing.

(Finally we will be out of this shit hell!)

So that night we celebrated hard. By hard I meant the aftermath as now in morning bodies are laying on the ground which is Gerald and Henry sleeping. Kanna atleast are placed inside a tent while Emy and Elly slept hugging each other probably tired themselves out last night laughing around. I went to the tent at the back while Velvet followed me to change clothes.

After wearing new pairs of shirt and shorts I head out with Velvet behind me now wearing light white dress with floral designs as we head to the table and prep a meal. 

"Your future husband is very lucky Velvet." I said ad I sit infront of her waiting.

"Why is it?" She asked while preparing rice balls with grilled turkey which is marinated last night in large batch.

"Because you are a great cook. It will be sad if you leave us to get married since we can no longer eat your meals." I sighed.

Velvet simply laughs or perhaps chuckles on my answer before replying.

"What made you think I will go and leave you all?" She asked with a gentle smile.

"Well... I mean... You know... Like..." I replied yet I can't answer properly since I can't come up with a reason which made me stutter instead.

"Well don't worry Eris. I love cooking for you and the others. I won't leave you." Velvet gave me one more smile before going back to molding rice balls.

"I... I see. Thanks I guess?" I replied scratching my back thinking." 

(Is that a confession? Should I approach her for it?)

She probably noticed me thinking so hard as I heard her laugh which made me stare at her.

"No hints. Take a guess" Velvet replied with her tongue out as if teasing me before grinning.

"Now you're just bullying me." I pout at her which made her giggle.

I sighed and just smiled at her as I watch her mold those rice.

One by one, the group started approaching the table as they woke up and finish washing their face.

Now all of us sitting around the table as Velvet placed a long leaf which is cleaned earlier before placing all the riceball atop of it.

"Oh Tempest cuisine?" Gerald asked surprised.

"You know them?" Velvet also got surprised.

"Know them? More like we cane from there. Hahahaha I'm surprised someone knew meals there." Gerald laughed while nodding as if praising the meal.

"My parents are travelers before settling in Zone 1. They taught me this." Velvet explained.

"I see." Gerald replied as he munch on the riceball. 

"Not bad. Also the filling inside pairs well with this tea leaves." He added.

Everyone also nods on his explanation. Including me of course since the meal is really delicious.

"Thanks for the compliment. But it won't get you more." Velvet smiled as she starts eating too in which Gerald laughed even louder upon hearing her reply.

We all had harmonious meal before heading out again. This time Henry leading the way. Apparently we are just 30 mins walk away which is funny since even without the problem last night we could have arrived either way. Considering the direction is correct.

After walking for a while we haven't faced any monsters till we reached the gate. A guard blocks our way but softens right away upon seeing Henry.

"Oh sir Henry! How is the scouting?" The guard bows his head infront of Henry before asking.

"This guys saved me. Some moron suddenly throws a fireball out of nowhere so the desert turkeys got aggro towards me." Henry replied.

"That's unfortunate. That said your secretary are looking for you since last night sir. I suggest heading to office right away as I am asked by her earlier to tell you if I met you." The guard said.

"Got it. Also let this guys pass. They saved me so I can vouch for them." Henry shows us behind him.

"Of course if sir Henry can vouch for them then no one can question you since you are our savior after all." The guard smiles widely and lowers his head towards direction.

"Perfect. Anyways Eris and friends if you could please follow me? I would like to offer some gratitude in my office after I meet with my secretary first. After that I will help you all get to know this place." Henry asked us.

"Of course. Thanks" i replied in which everyone in the party nods. 

"Great! Well then allow me to welcome you all to Minard!" Henry greets us once again before leading us in.

(Finally this place is huge might be bigger than the main town at zone 1. That said, I'm glad everyone is friendly so far. Maybe we can enjoy this place more!)

-meanwhile in the shadows inside Minard-

"Look look teddy, they all arrived already! I can't wait to play around with them. Hope they won't disappoint us right teddy?" A little girl wearing black and white dress holding a brown teddy bear with small black hat can be hard laughing as she watch somewhere.

10