Prologue
432 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alexander Walsh, the third son of a prestigious British family. His father is a renowned Philosopher, his mother a genius businesswoman. He has two older sisters, the eldest was now 18 years old and taking a degree in materials engineering, the second 15 years old, still in high school but is already taking a track in creative arts.

Alexander, Alex on the other hand was still 3 years old. But unbeknownst to the family, this three year old boy had the mind and memories of a 24 year old philosophy professor.

But, the boy did not say this or try to speak out. The reason? 

Simple, his life was already great the way it was. His family was not a mess, everyone loved each other, it was a warm and caring family in all senses of the world. They had enough riches to give their children a healthy upbringing and yet they also cared to not spoil them too much.

Alex had no reason to break this family, yes, he was not the 24 year old philosopher, he was now the 3 year old Alexander Walsh.

With that the young Alexander lived a normal life, he played with his parents and sisters. Acted out the role of a three year old, which was not that hard. Save for the time when he was a baby and being breastfed everything else was easy.

Though he did make some mistakes here and there like eating by himself, being clean and orderly. But this was seen by his parents and siblings as a sign of him being a genius.

The year was 1984, Alexander had just turned 5, it was a regular day just like any other. But one thing happened that would change Alexander’s life forever.

“Welcome~ It seems like it’s time for me to pass on a bit of benefits to another world again~”

In a white space Alexander found himself face to face with an image of himself.

It was a weird image, it had the face of his 24 year old self and the body of his current 5 year old identity. Seeing it made a shiver run down Alexander’s spine but upon hearing the words muttered by the mysterious being Alexander paused.

“Well, where do we start~ Alright, so before we go forward, let me give you a brief overview of your current circumstances. You recall your previous life, right?”

Hearing the question, Alexander instinctively nodded his head to which the mysterious being continued.

“Alright, well this will be easy then. You see, you are one of the many souls that were set to reincarnate into various parallel realities. Fantastical worlds modeled after the original earth but merged with worlds of fiction. Now why this occurred is something you need not know- for now. 

But since I know what kind of individual you are, I’ll settle your curiosity by telling you this, you are where you are because it is NECESSARY - understand? 

Well whether or not you understand is of no issue, what’s important now is that I give you the necessary interventions. Now my power falls under the rules of a subject you followed and read a lot about! Lucky for you I have compiled the basics of my intervention!”

The mysterious being suddenly stood up and as he did a huge stone door appeared behind him. On the stone door was a carving, it detailed a weird mixture of the Qlippoth and various symbols of Abrahamic mysticism mixed in with astrological symbolism from various fields of mysticism.

Filled with various different yet somewhat coexisting fields of thought in mysticism, the carvings on the stone door displayed a weird, intricate, chaotic yet somewhat orderly image.

As Alexander was lost in thought the mysterious being smiled as it began to explain.

“Now, I will be giving you all the basic knowledge you would need, the world you live in is not peaceful nor is it too chaotic. You will need to live in this world with power and force but still maintain a façade of peace. The knowledge I will give you will allow you to reach the apex of this world but this knowledge was not meant to be contained in a single being's mind.

Simply put, whether you can make use of this knowledge will be up to your own capacity, now then it’s time to go~”

The mysterious being waved and as it did the giant stone door swung open. From within it dozens of black hands extended and shot towards Alex. The little boy was unable to react as before he knew it he was already halfway inside the darkness.

“I wish you luck~”

That was the last thing Alexander heard before he was swallowed by the black door. 

Two years later, after the meeting with the mysterious being Alexander continued his life as usual. He was a good kid, following his parents and studying well. He got the top grades in his class and even skipped a few grades.

His teachers were all surprised at the boy who was able to think and learn so much but when his father appeared the teachers nodded their heads in understanding. After all, it was normal for smart kids to be born from smart parents. If Alexander was not that smart, it would have been a different story but since he was smart  things were easier.

Once again Alex was left by his father in their home, a small manor in the British countryside. Alexander bade his father farewell before rushing to his room.

His eldest sister was already working as a professor in a renowned university in Germany, his second sister was in the US making a name for herself, his mother moved to the US to accompany his second sister and expand the business while he was left with his father.

This arrangement was, at first, disliked by his mother, but as Alexander showed his talent in academics, she was ultimately forced to accept that following their daughter was the better option.

After all, the US was not a forgiving place, especially for a young woman who was barely 20 trying to make a name for herself in the entertainment industry. Who knows what kind of scum would try to take advantage of her there? Ultimately the current arrangement was deemed as the most effective one.

Though Alexander did still meet with his mother. But that was only when she visits with his sister or when he visits with their father. It was an easy and quick arrangement given their family’s financial situation.

But now this arrangement has created a certain time when Alex was left at their home for a longer period of time. This time would be even longer whenever the final exams or midterms come.

Though during this time his father would hire babysitters to watch over him. Though at these times Alexander would always simply stay in his room. Pretending to sleep or study Alex would lock himself in his room, but at this time instead of studying or sleeping Alex was practicing magic, or specifically, Alchemy.

Not only practice, but studying and experimenting were all done in his small room. Using principles in mysticism Alex was able to develop a variety of magic spells and circles used to create different effects.

One of the more recent ones he was researching was the doppelganger spell.

It was a magical formation that created a clone of the caster. Using clay or mud, sculpting a human like image of himself and giving it life. In Jewish mysticism it was the creation of a golem, in others it was the creation of man, of life.

But, from the knowledge Alexander had, the creation of life from mud or clay was nothing more than a misrepresentation. In fact, Jewish mysticism was on point, clay and mud was used to create golems and through the use of runes it would gain life.

Though the golems were obviously made from mud and clay, how does Alex make it in his image?

The answer to this came from the various books on illusions, and mirroring the image of oneself. Through study Alex slowly developed the spell and now he was about to start testing it out.

“Intricate magical circuits in which water flows that was blessed by the moon. It took me 3 months to create this moon water… I still have 3 gallons but production still continues, who knows what other creations I’ll end up making…”

Using the various spots in the house that were rarely visited by his father, now that his mother and sisters were gone Alex had a lot of space to use for his many experiments.

His father was a professor who spent long hours in his study, only coming out occasionally for a meal and to sleep in his room.

They had a housekeeper but she was an old lady who was tasked with cleaning the yard and cooking. Of course she also cleaned the house but his father asked her to focus more on the area’s where he and Alex usually moved.

This was done by his father in consideration of her advancing age. 

The housekeeper was more like a grandma, in fact she already lost contact with all her relatives, one of the reasons why Alexander’s father had to hire babysitters whenever he had to spend long periods of time out.

It was not out of a need for someone to take care of Alexander, but instead he simply needed someone to watch over an old grandma and a little boy.

Alex continued to build his golem, his hands were extended palms open wide. Electrical sparks shot out from his hands as a golem in his likeness slowly materialized before him.

“Calm mind, clear thoughts with intent…”

The boy silently whispered as he used alchemy to turn the rubble, dust and dirt on the floor into a sturdy human figure.

After a few minutes the sparks from his hands disappeared and before him stood a replica of himself. Only it was silently standing still with its eyes closed.

“Now then to imbue the soul and add the external decorations, then the link…”

Alexander took out a golden flask shining with bright light, a bottle of white viscous liquid and a knife.

The boy took in a deep breath before then exhaled before showing a resolute look in his eyes as he proceeded to alter the statue.

“The sun core, opposite of moon water, uses an enclosed glass sphere to concentrate the energy of the sun into a single point… unlike the moon's essence that was calm and serene, the nature of the sun's energy was chaotic and wild. Using the glass sphere to create a 360 degree enclosure that uses the sun’s energy to condense and concentrate itself… I had to develop a 4 dimensional magic array to maintain stability and prevent the glass ball from shattering…”

Using Alchemy, Alexander created a hole right below the statue’s chest, at the center of its body he inserted the golden sphere.

“Next is the appearance… the fools ink, a liquid made of water and the lifeblood of 5 different creatures. It is by far the easiest to create, all I had to do was secretly purchase a few rats and condense their life essence… though the efficiency of the basic spell was too bad so I had to create another 4 dimensional magic array just to condense larger quantities of lifeblood. Though it was helpful, now I have a spell that could completely and cleanly make corpses vanish”

As he whispered Alexander carefully used a paintbrush to draw various magical runes, symbols and magic circles all over the statue. After he was done he then took the knife on the desk and cut his finger.

“Finally the blood pact, creating a direct line between me and my doppelganger…”

The blood he collected from his wound Alex drew a magic circle on the statue’s forehead. After he completed everything Alexander then pulled the curtains open.

“Now, to give life to my “stand in”, the power of the moon and stars to nurture it to life is needed”

As his voice fell Alexander's eyes began to glow with silver light, then all over his room runes and magic circles began to light up. Following that magic circles projected themselves above the statue. Multiple magic circles layered atop the statue shining with a holy silver glow.

“Manus mea sequere vocationem fidei, Afferte ad sanctam lucem, da vitam”

Chanting in Latin Alexander focused on the various magical silver lights that were getting stronger and stronger. Then as he completed his incantation the silver light completely condensed at the silver statue. It looked almost like the statue was covered in silver.

Alexander simply stood there waiting for the light to fade and as it did the silver shell that covered the statue began to crack.

Then the silver shell was slowly covered in various cracks and as the cracks connected the sound of shattering glass resounded in the room and the silver shell disappeared revealing a little who appeared just like Alexander.

Alexander gulped and then the boy before him opened its eyes revealing a pair of familiar azure irises and upon seeing this a smile crept up on the boy's face.

“Welcome to this world, me”

6 years later-

In an inconspicuous little shack hidden in a small village located in the British countryside, a boy, barely 13 stared at the five men wearing black overcoats and fedora’s.

They all wore black leather gloves grasping a long stick and pointing it towards him in a threatening manner.

“Who are you and why are you pointing those sticks at me?!”

“Alexander Walsh, we ask you to hand over your wand and follow us to the ministry of magic.”

“What the hell are you talking about? What wand? What ministry of Magic? This is a violation of my rights? I’m still 13 years old! YOU CAN’T ARREST ME!”

Alexander, now 13, was screaming at the group of men pointing ornamental sticks at his face.

“Calm down son, we don’t want to hurt you, we just need to speak with you and your pare-”

“Tsk”

Alexander upon hearing the words of the oldest among the men couldn’t help but click his tongue and as he did his eyes glowed with a resolute golden light.

Boom!

A loud explosion destroyed the small shack, but none of the surrounding houses lit up. No one rushed out in panic to check out what was going on.

From the shack six shadows shot out, the smallest one rushed towards the row of houses.

“STOP HIM! DON’T LET ANYONE SEE HIM OR US!”

The oldest man shouted and the four younger men rushed towards the boy, the oldest trailing behind them. But to their surprise the boy suddenly turned around and stopped.

“You think I would rush towards a public area without any plans? Jokes on you- FIRE!”

As his voice fell various projectiles fired towards the five men. Swords, spears, daggers, arrows, bullets, even electric shocks, fireballs and stones of various shapes and sizes rained upon the five men.

Protego!

The five men all chanted at the same time and then an invisible dome protected them from all the projectiles shooting their way. In fact all the projectiles were deflected and some even towards Alex.

“Fuck!”

Alexander cursed as he slammed both hands on the ground making a wall of stone rise from below shielding him, the stone wall was then covered in electrical sparks before turning into a steel wall.

The five men who watched this had their eyes opened wide but they did not have time to react as the ground beneath their feet shifted.

“Take this!”

The boy's voice resounded in their ears as they were flung outside of their shield. Then as they flew, wooden puppets rushed from the nearby houses wielding various weapons. Some are even covered in lightning or fire.

“What is this child?!”

Screamed one of the men as a flaming sword approached him. He tried to point his wand towards the puppet but he was too late. 

Just as the sword was about to cut him in half a loud voice boomed throughout the whole area.

“STOP THIS AT ONCE!”

Time froze and all the puppets lost power and crashed towards the ground. The five men were all protected by an invisible barrier as they floated slowly towards the ground. 

Then, a figure dressed in white robes appeared between the five men and Alexander. It was an old man wearing a pair of glasses with a red bird perched on his shoulder.

“Alexander Walsh, congratulations! You have been accepted into Hogwarts!”

14