Chapter 19: The Night of Silent Chaos
86 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hog’s Head Inn, Hogsmeade

“You say a man named Dmitri came to you and asked to bring together the former death eaters?”

Dumbledore asked Mundungus who was sitting across from him.

“Yes! I’m telling you that man… well I didn’t know what happened in the end but I did see them start to fight…”

Mundungus said as he described the few short Skirmishes he saw as well as how Dmitri brutally incapacitated the former death eaters.

“Well, I’m not sure if that man was a disciple or reincarnation of you know who but I swear there is a connection there!”

Hearing the words of Mundungus Dumbledore closed his eyes for a moment before opening them again and saying.

“There’s no need to worry, that man is not a death eater. In fact he could be a powerful ally to us in the future”

His calm voice reverberated in the room as an expression of shock was plastered all over Mundungus’ face.

“Bu-but that man was obviously a dark wizard!”

The words of Mundungus made Dumbledore raise his eyes as he answered calmly.

“I know that man named Dmitri, he’s a hero of the Russian Ministry of Magic. Although bloody and cruel, he did allow for peace to form between the various magical races in Russia. Would you believe me if I told you that Vampires and werewolves now live in harmony there?”

Hearing the words of Dumbledore shocked Mundungus, in fact he knew little about Russia as he did not dare enter that brutal underworld. Especially after the bloody night newspaper was published. He dared not even get a mile near that country fearing that he would become a pile of meat if he wasn’t careful.

But upon hearing the words of Dumbledore, Mundungus had an idea come to his mind.

“I know what you are thinking, I’ll give you this warning, the current Minister and a good chunk of the upper echelons of the Russian Ministry of Magic are followers of that man Dmitri. You are aware of his methods, so if you wish to do your business there… you have to keep in mind whose territory you are entering.”

Hearing the words of the old wizard made Mundungus calm his own mind as he organized his thoughts.

“Well then I believe it's time for you to leave”

With those words Dumbledore placed a bag on the table as he left the room.

As he exited the room he was met with a face that looked a bit like him, only younger.

“What kind of problems did that little thief bring this time”

“Nothing big, just a small misunderstanding”

With that short exchange the two parted ways as Dumbledore exited the inn. As he did he quickly apparated away silently.

Hogwarts Castle.

The time was midnight and Alex had just returned from his short play. Silently he made his way to the Dungeons and was about to enter the pathway leading to his room when he bumped into Dumbledore.

“Alex, it's good that I met you, you see I just received word that a powerful wizard from Russia has come to Britain and the first thing he did was, challenge a few pureblood families”

With an inquisitive look on his face Dumbledore gave Alexander a smile as he awaited for the young man’s answer.

“Oh! That was my teacher, I left early today to meet him. At that time I accidentally told him of my altercation with Draco Malfoy and one thing led to another… well he promised me that it was simply wanted to talk things out with Draco’s father. From what I was told after it seems that they have come to an agreement.”

Alex answered with a smile to which Dumbledore nodded his head as he answered.

“A teacher… I see, well, although its a bit early, I have heard of his name. If you don’t mind, could you ask him if he is willing to fill up the spot of Defense Against the Dark Arts professor for the next school year?”

Dumbledore said with a tired tone of voice speaking like an overworked old man.

“But… isn’t Professor Lockhart still here?”

Although he did not like Lockhart, Alex did not want to deal with his fake identity inside Hogwarts.

I could probably use a doppelganger but… Dumbledore already saw through that once who says he couldn’t see through it again?

Such were the thoughts of Alexander but Dumbledore’s answer made Alexander pause to think.

“Alas! The curse of that position, you do know about it right? Moreover, well Lockhart is not really that good of a professor is he?”

The latter portion of the old wizards statement made Alex roll his eyes, but the former had him recall something.

Someone cursed the position of Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor… based on all the famous names of Dark wizards… it could only be him right? Voldemort?

Alexander’s mind raced but soon calmed down as he replied.

“Unfortunately Headmaster, my teacher, plans to start his own shop in the coming months. By next year he may be swamped with a ton of work so I don’t think he may be available…”

“Well it doesn’t hurt to try~”

Dumbledore said as he walked past Alexander.

“Have a good night Mr. Walsh”

With that the old man disappeared and Alexander simply looked at the spot where the old wizard disappeared before walking back to his room.

Entering his room Alexander began maintenance on his various equipment. As he looked through the items he had used his thoughts trailed off to a series of memories. A mix of fondness and sorrow enveloped him.

I avoid fighting that way… 

Alex looked at his reflection in a nearby mirror. 

I am a 13 year old boy… yes, I am a young student, one who has entered Hogwarts… at least- for now…

Thousands of kilometers away, in a hidden world deep in the Kunlun Mountains, sitting atop a beautiful plateau inside a large mansion Li Jiayi happily showed off her newfound abilities.

Around her an audience of women both young and old were observing the young 15 year old with bright eyes.

“This is a miracle!”

“Our clan has found its savior!”

“The heavens have answered! The heavens have answered!”

A plethora of cries rang out and soon a beautiful middle aged woman walked towards Li Jiayi.

“Jiayi, this friend of yours… you said he would be willing to come here and share his knowledge with us?”

Hearing the woman's words Jiayi quickly stopped and bowed as she answered.

“Ye-yes, he promised me… and- we can trust him! He doesn’t look at me with the eyes of disgust that other wizards had!”

The middle aged woman looked at the blushing expression on the teens face. A trace of softness appeared on her face but only for a moment before she replied with a serious expression.

“Alright, repeat to me your conversation, I want to hear it word-for-word”

“Well it went-”

As that was happening, back in Britain, in a large gloomy manor, Lucius appeared out of the fireplace with a green flame trailing behind him.

Following him were a plethora of other men and women, they all took a seat in the long table.

“Tha-that was a challenge! That man dares! We must take our revenge!”

“Hold it Avery! That man… he’s not so simple”

“Lucius, I got the intelligence! That man is a monster! He overturned the whole Russian Ministry of Magic overnight! It’s said his small group of wizards and witches caused the streets of Moscow to flow with rivers of blood! Not a single muggle saw it but the whole Russian Magical Community was forced to follow his arrangements!”

Stacks of papers fell in front of all the witches and wizards present. As they read through the documents a look of fear flashed in their eyes and the blood drained from their faces.

“This… what do we do about this?”

“What does he want to do?!”

“Is this the end of the sacred 28?!”

The various witches and wizards started to erupt into chaos, but in the midst of this Lucius stood up with a grave expression as he said.

“That man-”

He looked all around to the men and women who stopped panicking as they looked at him.

This is not how I wanted to lead but-

“I know why he acted that way… Alexander Walsh-”

The discussion that followed was something that would change the fate of the British magical world. How the various witches and wizards act from today onward will change and all this is occurring while the Dark Lord is still in an Albanian forest struggling to maintain his existence.

3