Chapter 27: Agreement (and another truly unexpected trap)
92 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You almost got me there”

Alexander sighed as he materialized a distance from the group of women. When they saw him become clear headed and escape they all had disappointed looks on their faces. But despite the failure of their plot they did not react negatively and started attacking him.

Instead they simply gave up and raised their hands in surrender.

“Well, I guess that you did not like the prospects of gaining your own personal harem?”

The elder said with a sigh as she gave Alexander a defeated look.

“The offer is honestly tempting but I don’t like the fact that I was drugged”

Looking back, it was honestly a good bargain. Aside from getting a harem of beautiful women, the women would turn out to be unexpectedly powerful in the future. He did not have to look far to prove that as the talent he saw in Jiayi was proof enough of what kind of miracles these women would become after his magic circle was placed on all of them.

In a way, Alexander was looking to be the leader of a whole army of magical amazonians. Powerful women with a matriarchal society but his help allowed him a leading position. 

But despite all these, a question still stuck in Alexander’s mind.

“Why in god’s holy name do you all have the hots for a 13 year old?!”

He questioned the group but the answer he got was both surprising and well annoying at the same time.

Although he was still 13, Alexander was quite toned; his height was 5 foot 5, close to the average height of a Chinese male. His facial features, due to his penchant for training, had become sharper than normal.

His travels all over the world had forced him to get stronger both magically and physically. Due to this a lot of his baby fat was lost, this became especially apparent when he stayed in Japan and Russia. 

But this also made him look far older than he would normally look as a 13 year old.

Although he did not have facial hair yet, he still sported more mature clothing styles and his aura was more mature. As a child he simply looked like a boy who matured quickly but as he developed his maturity shone. 

All of these factors added to make Alexander look attractive to the opposite sex. Add to that his ability and skills, it was no wonder that a lot of the clan members took an interest in him.

“Didn’t Jiayi tell you all that I was 13?!”

“She did not tell us how old you were, so we simply assumed you were close in age to her. You know 14 is the age of consent right? But since your 13 its just 1 year away right? Or did you just turn 13?”

Her question made Alexander pause as he realized something-

Wait… the age of consent in Japan is 13… damn that really got me in hot water back then… but wait… the age of consent here is 14? Crap- I’m turning 14 this year-

Alex came to a sudden unfortunate realization, that was, each country had different cultures and as such their view on things such as the age of consent differs wildly.

“Okay, leaving that aside, were you all really going to go off and rape me?”

Alexander asked them and the answer made him almost drop his poker face.

“Well its not rape if you like it right?”

These women!

Fortunately Alex was able to hold himself back from going off as he calmed his nerves before continuing.

“Alright… well I could already see things so-”

Alexander was unable to complete his words though as the elder once again interrupted him.

“Are you willing to become our young master?”

To her words his answer was simple.

“As long as you don’t force me to sleep with you then let’s keep that as our agreement”

He said, but after hearing his words the elder immediately produced a piece of parchment. On it was the agreement between Alexander and the Nuwa Clan. Detailing how Alexander Walsh would be betrothed to Li Jiayi, effectively making him the young master of the clan. In exchange he would cure the curse on all the remaining members of the clan.

After reading it a couple times Alexander saw that there were no hidden traps and loopholes and agreed to sign it. 

“Well… I never thought that an agreement could be done that quickly”

Alexander sighed after the contract burned up in flames turning into two golden lights. One shot towards him the other towards all the Nuwa clan members.

“Well, you showed your cards a week ago, we had quite the long time to decide on things”

The elder said as she reached out her hand towards Alexander.

“I guess it was my failure to see through your clan, doing what I did, knowing little to nothing about you…”

Alexander sighed as he looked over the whole clan and as he did the elder asked him with an expectant tone of voice.

“So when will you lift the curse from our seniors?”

Hearing her words Alexander had a look of confusion on his face as he asked.

“Your what?”

“Our seniors, those who were already consumed by the bloodcurse…”

The elder answered Alexander, repeating her words and explaining but as she did she saw the look on Alexander’s face change. Then she realized her mistake as she asked nervously-

“You do have the ability to cure those already overtaken by the curse… don’t you?”

“....”

Alexander looked over the dozens of huge snakes, they looked like a bunch of huge Burmese pythons of different colors. The boy looked over the pythons with his magical eyes but sighed as he spoke to the beauty beside him.

“There, 34th row, between the red and black snakes… yes, the one that looks like an albino Burmese python- yeah, its in fact a Burmese python… no, It has no traces of magic at all”

The Nuwa clan, had a blood curse, they were maledictus, all of the children were born female and were afflicted with the curse. In the western wizarding community, such families would die out within a generation as few would dare marry a maledictus. 

But in China, they were the noble Nuwa clan.  In ancient Chinese myth Nuwa was a creator goddess who was a mix between a snake and a woman. She was held in high esteem as such in ancient China only nobles and Royalty had the privilege of marrying women from the Nuwa clan. Of course there were some romantic love affairs between commoners and members of the Nuwa clan and such but those were unimportant snippets of history.

What is important is their downfall, due to the war between magical humans and magical non-humans. The Nuwa clan, once a prestigious and respected clan, turned to become a clan of demons. In the end they were hunted down and barely survived to the current age.

If it were not for the fact that the Chinese magical community was on a steep decline, the previous generation of Nuwa clan women could not have pulled off their grand scheme of living lives as prostitutes or rapist. 

They simply stole seeds from handsome and “high quality” men to give birth to a second generation of clansmen. Then the current generation of clansmen also took advantage of the ever weakening magical community to make use of their various bloodline magics become renowned artists, businesswomen and entrepreneurs in china.

They used their magic, which came from their blood, to secretly manipulate their competitors, steal secrets, release destructive news, blackmail and all manner of dirty tactics. But they were not the only ones though, as even their competitors did not shy away from such actions, the only difference was in their use of magic.

In the end they created a powerful network of female strongmen that had control over the business side of China. But they avoided all action against the prominent non-magic clans and politics as this was where the Chinese Magical Community had their stronghold in, the last bastion so to speak.

The Nuwa clan was in a place where they could live indefinitely but the lack of male members was the biggest problem within their clan. Moreover, the current generation was also thankful for such an arrangement as this curse, although made the clan have a glaring weakness also prevented it from self-destruction.

As bad as the curse was, if they could have male offspring the chances of them dying or losing number due to inbreeding was high. The current generation lived in non-magic society and thrived in it and there were some that were in the field of research.

Basic biology in non-magic society showed how destructive inbreeding was and this was why the Nuwa clan was, partially thankful for their curse that forced them to bring in foreign blood or DNA into their clan.

This is why there were some Nuwa clan members with more western features while some had strongly eastern features. 

Knowing all this, Alexander looked at the hundreds of Nuwa clansmen who unfortunately succumbed to the curse. Their average age ranged from 40 to 90 while the oldest was 130.

The contract stipulated curing all members of the Nuwa clan, Alexander thought they meant the members who were still human. But he never expected them to believe that he had the ability to reverse a curse that took over the maledictus.

Upon this realization the elder, who was 22 and became an elder because her mother was one and she took political science as a course… well, let’s just say that she was not all that experienced in such dealings.

But the fault could not be on her though as Alexander did not try to clarify it as well. He simply moved on assumptions which unfortunately led to the current situation.

Really now… well I guess I can’t be the only one winning now can I?

Alex sighed as he looked over the notes he had taken of the clansmen who were taken over by the curse.

After a bit of talking he and the elder agreed to slowly start the engraving of magic circles next week. This was so the clan could also decide on the order in which they received the cure. Moreover, he also acquired a bit of funds to purchase the necessary materials. Though he found that he didn’t really need to purchase materials as the hidden world had all the materials he needed.

Thestrals, Dragons, Unicorns… the magical realm had a good number of different magical species and then some. Though since they lived in an isolated realm for a longer time Alexander had to test their properties first.

The purchasing money was just in case the materials were found to be incompatible for the spell. If it was though the money would still be his as it was one of the things that he, “as the young master”, should get. 

Alex did not deny it as given the trap he fell into, the trouble he would face was enough to justify the money he took.

Well I guess I now have a startup capital for the business… well that is if the materials from the hidden realm are compatible.

Alexander thought as he took one final look at the clansmen consumed by the curse before turning around to leave.

“Tell Jiayi I’ll be coming back next week”

He said as he walked away, before the woman behind him could say anything though Alexander already vanished in a flash of blue light.

1