Big Author Note/Announcement
139 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

To all the people following this fic, I have some bad news and good news.

Bad News: There is a good chance that I will have to remake this fic, I have read through the chapters over and over again and always felt something was wrong but can't see where it was.

Now though I realized that the missing chapters were on the Main characters backstory. At first I wanted to keep the events during the huge time skip secret for longer but as I read through the chapters, especially when I started to enter Jiayi's storyline I realized that as a reader that shits just confusing as hell. 

Especially since I placed quite a ton of backstory to the MC, literally shoving a billion unknown OC's here and there and not giving time to explain. Honestly even for me it was quite an annoying and difficult read. But as I read through it I came to conclusion that what this fic lacks is the backstory in that sense the bad news is that this fic may get remade. I have stocked quite a bit of chapters and on the backstory of the MC. Now the question is should I remake it to start with a prologue arc of the MC's travels or should I remake it with less mystery and more focus on the MC's current life.

Good News: Remaking the series would mean that it would be a better read but it would take a month or so, especially since I need to rewrite everything, even the stock chapters I have.

The overall plan of the fic does not change though, the problem is not in the storyline or the plot I want to go with but with the writing and pacing of this fic, at least that is how I see it. So to the people still following this fic I want to ask leave a poll to you guys with all the plans I want to do for this story.

 

EDIT: When I was going to put this announcement up, a review was posted with almost the same opinions as I had. Though that review did better as I still saw this story in my authors perspective. In my defense I had the idea and characterization in my mind and just wrote on a whim so I guess the problem may stem from there. That said I hope you read the review before answering the poll, it really is a good point of view to consider.

 

The poll will go up when this announcement goes public, it will accept responses for a week and after that week I'll decide what to do then. 

How do I go about fixing the fic?
  • Remake the whole thing from scratch! Don't skip the MC's world travels Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Add some juicy backstory and keep the current story intact Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Remake the whole thing from the start! Improve pacing, keep the initial idea of hiding MC's skip Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I think it would be good to not add the prologue and keep MC's abilities unknown Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meh, its trash anyway do what you want Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't scrap it, try to fix it with the succeeding chapters Votes: 1 11.1%
Total voters: 9 · This poll was closed on May 5, 2024 06:01 PM.
1