Chapter: 5: Diary
24 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They all walked inside the palace hall room. In the front, there were standing the king and the queen, in other words Iris' parents. 

"Ah my, what happened to Haru? Her face looks so pale.", said queen Felsa Evergarden with a worried face. Felsa sure was affectionate towards Iris' friends along with her. She has motherly aura around her which is a reason she is praised for. 

"She suddenly collapsed on our way home with a fever. Though we sought help from a person who lives in the woods.", said Iris.

His father came to them and patted Iris' head with a smiling face.

"Who would dare not help my princess?", king Louis said with a spoiling tone in his voice. Anyone would know he spoils Iris. 

"I guess you all should now go rest as you had a rough day. Go on ahead. I sent maids to your rooms.", Felsa said caressing Haru's pale face. They nodded and went upstairs where the rooms were. They had permanent separate rooms not in the guest house but in the main palace. That's because they had been friends since their birth and visited each other frequently. 

They all waved goodbye to each other and entered their rooms. Iris threw her sword on the bed and took off all of the accessories. But, she didn't take off the pendant. She went to the dressing room and took off her gown. Wearing a towel, she entered the bathing hall.

After taking a long warm bath, she fell onto the bed. Then, someone knocked on her door.

"Come in."

"Miss, it's dinner time. You shall go to the dining hall.", Browny, a brown haired maid, politely said as she entered the room.

"Browny, I'm not hungry. I won't go."

"But, miss, you will fall ill if you don't eat after a long journey.", said Browny with a worried look on her face.

"Please, I don't wanna go. You go ahead.", Iris said as she rolled over.

"Yes, miss. Call me if you need anything." , Browny admitted defeat. She closed the door as she went outside.

Iris was recalling everything that had happened that day. She was so mesmerised about a lot of things. She heard another knock on her door not long after. 

"Yes, come in."

Felsa and Louis entered the room also did another maid with a food trolley. They came and sat beside Iris.

"Are you alright, dear?", Louis asked looking kinda worried. Felsa put her hand on Iris' forehead to check her temperature.

"Mom, dad, I'm fine. Just a little tired from the journey.", said Iris assuring her worried parents. 

"You should have called in the maids to bring your food then. You shouldn't spend the night without eating. You know, we are worried.", said Felsa. "Now, eat.", Louis said as he pointed at the foods on the trolley.

Iris jumped from her bed and looked at the blue berry cheese cake with a hungry look. It was her favourite. She devoured the cake in a moment. The delicacies filled her stomach as well as her heart. She suddenly felt her dad patting her head warmly. She turned towards her parents and pulled them both in a wholesome hug. 

"Mom, dad, I love you the most in this world.", she said. Felsa and Louis' eyes filled with worry as well as love for their precious daughter. They gave her a warm smile and pulled her in another heartfelt hug.

After some time, her parents left her room. Iris fell onto the bed as her stomach was overfilled with the cake. She again drifted in her endless thoughts. As she was lost in her own world, she felt something warm and fluffy on her belly. She looked at the direction and saw two emerald eyes looking at her without blinking. 

"Aww.... Cathyooonnn.... Where were you? I didn't see you in the garden or in the balcony.", Iris said as she pulled cathyon on her lap. Cathyon started snuggling to Iris' body. Iris touched the fluffy ears that twitched as she touched them. 

"Aww.... You are sensitive, aren't you?", Iris said as she giggled. Cathyon looked a little sulky. But the next moment, she snuggled upto her again as Iris patted her head.

"A lot of things happened today, you know.", Iris started telling her everything that happened that day. She heard a knock on her door.

"Come in."

Her 3 dummy friends came in their pajamas. But, Harlin was a little unusual, not for her but the others. She had some kind of beautification mask on her face. It looked low-key funny. But, little did Harlin care about anything other than her beautiful face. They all came and sat on the bed. Harlin tried to grab Cathyon from Iris' lap. But, scared by Haru's weird face, Cathyon hopped back and went under the blanket to save herself from the weird looking Haru. Haru sulked and pouted her lips.

"Why didn't you go to the dining hall?" Aylin said with a slight concern in her voice.

"Oh, it's nothing. I just didn't feel like going as I was really tired.", said Iris. Elina on the other side of the bed was playing with Cathyon and Haru just sat pouting her lips looking at them. Aylin and Iris was just chit-chatting about the incidents. Suddenly, Elina jumped from the bed looking excited and everyone looked at her direction.

"What's wrong?"

"Hey, let's look at the diary that we got. We didn't wholly go through the diary.", said Elina.

"Oh, it's just that. Okay, I'll go get it.", Iris said as she got up and went towards the bookshelves in her room. She took out the diary from a corner where it was hard to be seen. She went to her bed. Everyone sat surrounding the diary looking excited. Iris slowly started turning the pages. But, all they could see was scribbles in some other language. At last, they finally came to the last page and saw some kind of art. Just when they were about to see what it was, a knock on the door broke all the tension and  created a new one.

1