2. Who Am I?
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The girl opened the door only to get blinded by the bright sunlight. When she opened her eyes, a huge front yard greeted her. 

Looking around, she saw many villagers… some were passing by, some were pushing carts containing various fruits, some were walking with huge hay on their backs, and some were waiting in the yard. Master Hong was checking on them individually, indicating he was a local physician.

But… everyone was wearing cross-collared traditional clothes.

Everything around her felt different to her…

Different place…

Different people…

Different world… 

Nothing here felt familiar…

Until…

"Master Hong, please save my brother!" few people rushed to the courtyard holding a man who was taking large labored breaths.

The villagers quickly helped them to lay him down on a huge wooden table. Master Hong asked, "What happened?" and checked his pulse meanwhile. 

"We were having our breakfast. I just went aside to take some water. When I returned, he was collapsed and breathing heavily by beating his chest."

"Did he eat anything weird?" Master Hong creased his forehead. 

A villager joined, "I was sitting next to them. He was having the usual soup. Master Hong, is he having another heart stroke like last time?"

"Don't worry, he just choked on the food," Master Hong made him stand in the bending position and hit him with fists on his back. To his surprise, it was not working… 

Suddenly, they heard a low rough feminine voice, "Heimlich Maneuver…"

They saw a young girl coming there. Her short petite body was covered in many bandages. Though the small delicate face was pale, filled with red-purple bruises, it still looked attractive. Her aura felt strong and overbearing, even in the commoner clothes, as if she was a noble lady. 

She mumbled while staring at the patient with her narrowed hazel eyes, "Hold him from behind, put one fist above his navel, grasp the fist with the other hand, and give five quick upward thrusts as if lifting the person." 

Though they found her initial words strange, the villagers quickly followed her later instruction on Master Hong's nod. On the fifth thrust, a piece of stiff meat shot out of the man's mouth. The man coughed heavily to clear his throat and thanked meanwhile, "Tha-nk you… *cough* *cough*… thank you so much."

Turing towards another big wooden table filled with several herbs and small white packets, she picked out one and handed it to the patient, "Chew this for a while and inhale inwardly before swallowing it." The man finally could breathe freely after a minute.

Whereas, seeing him, everyone looked back at the young girl in astonishment. 

The most shocked ones were Master Hong and Xinxin. They had been trying hard to make this young girl speak, but she didn't utter a single word, almost making them believe that she was mute.

Master Hong asked, "How… did you know? C-C-Can you recognize them?"

Her hazel eyes moved back to the table. She smirked, "Huoxiang for abdominal problems, bai tou weng for intoxication, mountain henbane for shock, ziwan for fungal infection…" One by one, she named every herb and its uses without even taking a moment to think.

After she was done, no one spoke anything…

Whereas Master Hong remembered the words of a certain old monk, 

'Don't hesitate… listen to your heart and save her… heavens don't let things happen for no reason…' 

He finally realized the meaning, "It was a full moon that day… Heavens has sent the divine physician for us! Everyone, greet our Goddess!!" Master Hong stated loudly and knelt in greeting…

All the villagers quickly followed him and knelt as well. 

Whereas the young girl looked at them with unfamiliar gaze…

'Who am I…' she asked herself.

An old man, who watched the entire scene from far away was astonished and murmured, "Divine physician indeed... then she can cure him..."

Inside a temple,

A young aristocratic couple was praying in front of the huge statue of Buddha. The woman was the epitome of beauty, whereas the man was like the perfect husband that every girl wishes for. 

After worshiping for the last time, the Noblewoman pressed her palms together and closed her eyes. A stream of tears dropped from her thick crescent eyelashes. The Nobleman had sorrow on his face as well. When he looked aside, the tears on her calm face pained his heart even more.

He saw the Abbot coming and informed her. Both of them got up and greeted him with a deep bow.

Seeing the tears in the Noblewoman's eyes and the Nobleman's dejected face, Abbot said, "Don't worry child, Buddha is watching everything. Keep faith in him…"

When they bowed to him before leaving, the monk smiled, "May this spring season bring a new beginning of happiness in your life..."

Outside,

One of their servants came to the couple, "Master, a huge rockfall happened in the northeastern valley, we have to change our route."

Hearing this news, the Noblewoman got pale. The Nobleman quickly held her, "Nuying!" Comforting her patiently, he said, "Don't worry, we have to stay here for a few days, till then, it will be cleared and we could visit the valley."

The servant gulped, "Master…unfortunately… it will take much longer than that… we have to take a detour this time."

The Noblewoman, Nuying closed her eyes in despair, "Why is Deity being cruel to us…" tears started to fall again. The Nobleman hugged her, "Everything will be alright soon..." he tried hard to control the lone tear that was threatening to come out from his eyes.

Have some idea about my story? Comment it and let me know.

0