3. Moon Goddess
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few months ago,

On the Full moon night,

A man with a long white beard was walking through the forest at the end of the valley, "Heavens!" he was shocked seeing its steepness. When he squatted down to drink some water from the small river current, his keen eyes saw a red flow in it. "Blood?" with a creased forehead, he walked forward by tracing it.

The man went numb seeing a girl lying in a pool of blood, the expensive silk clothes indicated that she was a noble lady. When he turned her around, her face was heavily wounded and her silk hanfu was dirty and torn. The fresh blood indicated that it happened not long ago. When he checked her pulse, he found nothing. She was almost dead.

When he got up to inform the local office, a monk came from the opposite side, "Amitabha… Child, aren't you going to help her?" Bowing to him, the man replied, "I wanted to… but this poor lady is barely living her last moments."

The monk smiled, "Don't hesitate, listen to your heart and save her… she needs you" Looking up at the full moon, he continued, "Heavens don't let things happen for no reason…"

The man bowed in greeting when the monk left and looked back at the girl, "She… needs me?"

He squatted down and held her wrist, pressed his three fingers, and checked her pulse with the utmost concentration, only to get another shock! There existed a weak, nearly unnoticeable pulse.

Tearing the corner of his shirt, he quickly bandaged her wounded forehead and picked her up. When he looked up for help, the monk was nowhere to be seen. Just then, under the bright shiny moonlight, he noticed a pair of footsteps in the soil. Picking her up gently, he followed them as quickly as possible and finally, came out of the forest…

Meanwhile,

At a certain place, the monk was standing alone, "Amitabha… Almighty gives everyone a second chance who sincerely realizes their mistakes, but ultimately, it's in their hands… whether to correct their mistakes and live peacefully, or do the same mistake and ruin everything again." He looked down from the cliff at the old man carrying a noble lady and looked at the golden carriage returning at a far distance above the cliff. He sighed as he recognized the carriage.

At present,

Master Hong finished telling the story.

'At the end of North-eastern valley… so I must be from an aristocratic family living in the northeastern side,' Changxi thought.

As if guessing her thoughts, Master Hong shook his head, "That time, I thought the same, but it is a small village like us. I checked the neighboring villages too. Though there were many wealthy households, none had a missing daughter." With no memories about herself, she decided to live on a single familiar thread, that is, being a physician.

On the full moon, when the whole village gathered to celebrate the Spring arrival, unanimously, they named the young girl 'Changxi', the moon goddess sent by heaven. They started including her among themselves more.

Over the time, the almost mute Changxi started talking with others, beginning with Master Hong and Xinxin. She had prepared a separate book for each category of medical cases they treated and noted them precisely. For the rest of the time, she and master Hong would share their knowledge about various illnesses and herbs.

Xinxin became her close friend. She and the other girls would take Changxi with them for a hot bath or just wander around. Even if she wouldn't talk, they never pressured her to do so, which made Changxi feel comfortable while living this new life. Unknowingly, Changxi became everyone's close acquaintance, irrespective of her silent and distant temperament.

And just like that, almost a year passed, from the day Master Hong discovered her.

Outside the Physician's House,

An old beggar came with his young grandson. "Excuse me, does the Divine Physician live here?" he asked the two people who were about to go inside.

"Yes yes, our Changxi live here," one of the two people, Uncle Bong said. He saw the old beggar was with a young man in his twenties, whose gaze was unfocused, dull, and lost. 

0