chapter seven: Wang Xuan outburst
113 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When the Golden light covered his whole body; Shen Ming felt the pressure lessen and began to walk forward. Where with every step he took, one after another glowing lights would fly out and start covering his Soul.

The Golden glow on his Soul kept glowing brighter and brighter, almost rivaling the light he was able to see in the center of the dimension.

As Shen Ming kept on moving forward; his consciousness kept on urging him to sleep reminding him that it was just a dream.

But he can feel in his intuition that if he loses consciousness right now; he would most likely suffer a terrible fate.

At this moment his body standing on the stage also took its steps towards the phantom as if both of them were in perfect sync.

On the spectator seats; Shen Xinlong's face had finally eased in relief when he finally saw his grandson move.

For the past thirty minutes; he saw his grandson not moving a single step with his eyes closed which made him puzzled and even wanted to go and check on him.

But he restrained himself since disrupting the test would disqualify the Shen family members from the assessment.

“ This is getting interesting! “ said Oldman Fang Xuan which made Elder Lin Kong stop what he was about to say.

“ What are you talking Oldman “ Lin Kong frowned in a dissatisfied manner at his interjection.

“ That brat has started moving “ pointing his right finger towards Shen Ming who has already reached the 9th step within ten seconds.

Elder Lin Kong turned his gaze towards the brat and couldn't help but curse in shock 

“ Just what the fuck happened… “ 

Both the Elders didn't answer and kept on looking at Shen Ming in anticipation and surprise.

It was apparent for Elder Lin Kong to be surprised since the brat wasn't stopping at all and soon reached the 17th step and crossed Shen Yao who had a blank expression as she saw him moving at a rapid speed.

“ Brother Shen… “ Shen Yao opened her pale mouth and wanted to say something but couldn't continue her words as she clearly saw him moving at a rapid speed.

‘ 18th step ’

‘ 19th step ’

‘ 20th step ’

Compared to the footsteps of the Shen Ming, other participants' faltering steps looked very slow and difficult. Most of the members of the small clans who had crossed the 12th step mark were struggling and trying their best to cross the 15th step.

‘ 21st step ’

‘ 22nd step ’

When Shen Ming's body reached the 22nd step; Chen Xiuying who was struggling at the same line looked at Shen Ming in a twinkling gaze full of love and relief.

“ Finally Brother Shen has moved. Now I also have to do my best!!” After one glance, Chen Xiuying raised her head to look at the phantom beast in the sky. She bit down her teeth until they bled and wiped the sweat from her face as she carried on taking another step forward.

The closer they were to the Black Tiger phantom, the greater the pressure and killing intent became. And each step became ten times more difficult than the last.

And among the people, the only person to successfully cross the 30th step was Wang Xuan.

*****

“ He’s about to pass out soon.” Lin Kong said gazing at the worn-out Wang Xuan who had a pale face.

Old man Fang pinched his beard and said, “ Reaching the 30th step already proved his potential which is not inferior to the geniuses of the Imperial City except those monsters from the Three Guardian Clans and the Imperial family but...”

Old man Fang focused his mind and looked carefully at Shen Ming, “This kid may reach their level ...”

“Oh?” Tang Mei was surprised at his judgment since she knew that Elder Fang was someone even the Vice headmaster respected.

“ Hahahaha! “ Lin Kong laughed without hiding his disdain pointing his hand towards Shen Ming and scornfully said 

“ I admit he is a genius but how a country bumpkin like him can match the monsters of a clan like us!! “

Shen Xinlong had a displeased face when he heard the disdain in the words of Elder Lin Kong but he didn't dare to retort since Elder Lin was from the Lin Family; belonging to the Three Guardian Clans.

Old man Fang stroked his chin without minding the bragging of Lin Kong and his eyes were scanning every inch of Shen Ming's body from high in the spectator platform. But still, he couldn't see through him and judge his limit, unlike the others who didn't exceed his judgment in the test.

Many kids gave up as soon as they were out of breath, and some kept running until the end.

If not for the mysterious Black dimension covering the Soul of Shen Ming that exceeded old man Fang's comprehension, he would have been shocked by an uncountable number of golden light dots covering the body of Shen Ming.

' 30th step ’

When they saw Shen Ming finally reach the same steps as Wang Xuan; there was a buzz among the audience.

Buzz——

Buzz——

Wang Xuan who was about to take the ' 31st step ’ heard a bone-crunching sound beside him! 

“Ka Ka Ka!”

“Huh??” Wang Xuan turned his head suddenly to search for the source of the sound. When he saw his rival drenched in sweat, ashen face and shortening breath. But kept on moving his feet relentlessly, without breaking his posture.

“ hahaha “

“Good! I will definitely defeat you today!” said Wang Xuan wiping the blood off his lips and his eyes lit up with excitement and fighting intent showcasing his confidence which made the Tang Mei nod in appreciation.

But didn't get any response from Shen Ming who was moving while closing his eyes.

The Black Tiger phantom in the sky stared at both of them with its large red eyes gleaming with piercing glare as if it was being provoked when they crossed the 30th step!

“ roaaaar “

“Ahhhhhhhhhh!” Wang Xuan let out a pitiful scream. The sudden change in pressure was too much for him, his body retreating back to the previous step falling on both of his two knees on the ground.

The aurora energy within the body cells of the Shen Ming's body started circulating rapidly tackling the violent surge of energy showcasing his Iron Body 7th stage strength.

‘ 31st ’

‘ 33rd ’

“ Why! Why! Why are you always better than me!!! ” Wang Xuan shouted at the top of his lungs when he saw the body of Shen Ming moving fearlessly bursting out the hidden resentment which he had been holding in for a very long time.

He clenched his bleeding fists; spurting out blood, his body was soaked in sweat and was in a very sorry plight, but he was in no condition to bother about it.

“ Why can't you let me win at least one time “

He had finally seen his father smiling at him a while back which made him the happiest person in the world as if he had gained absolute power in the world.

For a moment, he wanted to cripple Shen Ming for life! So that he can finally be free from this nightmare.

At the highest spectator seats, the Three Elders slowly shook their head at the sudden outburst of Wang Xuan and could empathize with him since they also felt like that at one point in their lives.

“ Tsk!! Foolish bastard “ murmured Wang Zenhao at the pathetic display of his son and a hint of cruelty flashed in his eyes.

‘ 39th step ’

As Shen Ming stopped at the 39th step; his body faced a thick murderous spirit focusing solely on him from the sky.

At the same moment, Shen Ming’s Soul was also under tremendous pressure coming from the Golden light in the mysterious dimension.

“ My Soul feels like it will explode any second right now’ ' Shen Ming thought as he suddenly felt that countless needles were piercing his consciousness but he still didn't give up as he was only one step away from the Golden Light..…

Just a bit more, just a tiny bit more!

Shen Ming gritted his teeth and finally touched the area of the light.

‘ one second ’

‘ two seconds ’

‘ a few seconds passed ’

But nothing happened.

“...….“

“ Is someone making a prank on me “

6