Chapter 13: Blue Moon Organization
80 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Shen Ming came out of the Family martial arts field, he saw the steward with a white mustache cursing and directing a batch of young teenagers to work.

All the teenagers were servant members of the Clan who were required to do a lot of work compared to collateral members of the Clan.

Many of them would get assigned to daily work in spirit fields which is to use the Spirit rain technique, repelling Qi Gu insects, and harvest the grown rice.

It would take at least eight-twelve hours a day for them to complete all their work, and get 5 silver coins per month as wage from the Clan.

And also one free Mortal Rank Top Grade cultivation technique which could be cultivated up to the 9th stage of Novice Rank.

Due to their nature of work, they would get little to no time to practice their cultivation in a day.

And the only way to change their conditions is by becoming a collateral member of the Clan, that is, after selecting a cultivation technique, they have to practice to the 4th stage of Novice Rank before the age of 30 and participate in the annual selection.

Shen Ming quietly mingled among them employing a disguise technique ’ Ten face art ’ which would change the facial features to a small extent and cannot recognised as long as the other person is below the Advanced Rank stage.

“ When will this day end?? ”

A servant member who was slightly older than others shook his head secretly when he saw Shen Ming and other new servants who all joined the clan today.

‘ One hour later ’ everyone reached the area of the fields where they had to work and was told to wait for some time by the Steward before leaving them alone.

Everyone breathed a sigh of relief as if a huge boulder had been lifted from their heads and exchanged a few words with each other.

“ How many years has Brother Zhu has been here? ” Shen Ming picked up a sickle on the edge of the yard and asked curiously to the only person who was told by the Steward to guide them about their daily work.

At his question, everyone turned towards Brother Zhu and was eager to get some useful information from him.

“ Ten years!.” Zhu Yan looked at their expectations towards him and spoke with a sad expression.

“I used to be as hopeful as you, thinking that joining a Big Clan would lead to the attainment of supreme cultivation, freedom, and a bright future.

But in fact, it was just jumping from one pit to another better pit.”

At this moment one of them asked with a puzzled expression.

“Can’t we just become collateral members? That will give us more time to practice.”

Zhu Yan glanced at the energetic young man in disdain before speaking ruthlessly

“Most of the people who become servant members usually have low talent. There are also thousands of servants recruited every year in the clan, and some of them are even stronger than you.

How can you survive the selection which only selects five persons every year?”

“ And once you pass the age of 30, you can only aim to become a steward in the future by reaching the 7th stage in Novice Rank and reaching Basic level proficiency in a Martial arts skill.”

Hearing this, all the teenagers turned pale, eyes rolling restlessly, feeling the pressure which is different from the bright future they had imagined before they joined the Shen Family.

“ Don't talk about someone else, let’s just talk about me. I have been at the 3rd Stage of the Novice Rank for the past five years, and still couldn't advance to the 4th stage. In a Big Clan, the servants are only treated like cattle and horses.”

“ Of course, there is something that can slightly help you in becoming a collateral member. But it isn't something I can say here...” acting mysteriously.

Speaking of this, Zhu Yan suddenly stopped speaking and waited for the others to bite the bait which would at least take a month.

*********** 

Shen Ming who kept on listening to the conversation couldn't help but sneer at the attempts of Zhu Yan who was slowly brainwashing the servants.

It is a common tactic used by old servants to make a group of followers for them and even the clan doesn't care much about it as long as it doesn't disrupt the daily work.

So the reason he followed this batch of servants instead of returning to his courtyard was due to the.…

[[Name: Zhu Yan

Age: 35 years ( 35/40)

Race: Demonic Human

Affiliation: Servant of Shen Family; branch member of Blue Moon organization.

Cultivation: Novice Rank 3rd stage. ( 75% for the next Rank.)

Emotion: Negative.]]

When he saw the information of Zhu Yan who is affiliated with the Blue Moon organization; a relatively new organization that came to Sun City ten years ago.

It has been dealing with the Gambling business and the Slave Market from the day it entered the Sun City.

 ‘ Either this Zhu Yan is someone who got a Devil cultivation technique by chance or this organization itself is a Demonic organization.’ thought Shen Ming in deep thought.

If it is the former then there is not much of a problem but if it is the latter then it can be very dangerous.

For a branch of that size to enter the Sun City without any suspicion is not possible unless they have the help of an influential person/Clan inside the City.

At this moment when Shen Ming was in dilemma on how to handle this situation.

An arrogant and imposing Young man walked towards them, followed by ten servant followers, looking like he didn’t take the people around him seriously at all.

“He came to borrow someone again.”

“ Not me! Not me!.”

“ Stay away! Stay away!.”

Next to Shen Ming, a few other Old servants who knew about the Young man quickly lowered their heads.

“ Brother Zhu, who is this person??” asked Shen Ming curiously standing next to him when he saw everyone’s intimidated expressions.

Zhu Yan liked the new servant who had a flattering expression towards him and cautiously whispered

“ It’s Shen Li from the collateral courtyard. He deals with the feeding work of Novice Beast Mountain.

He relies on his Older brother’s talent as a genius among the collateral members and acts extremely domineering toward the new servants.”

“ He often goes to other servant courtyards to borrow people. And if someone doesn’t want to do it, they will be dragged out and beaten severely.”

“The job of feeding the monsters is much more difficult than taking care of the spirit fields and is mostly done by collateral members.

Since most of them have a bad temper and would attack humans in close vicinity if they feel uncomfortable.”

“I was also bullied by him in the first three years I came here. If I met him outside, I would stay away and not make eye contact with him,” said Zhu Yan in hatred and shielded Shen Ming from the gaze of Shen Li.

Meanwhile Shen Li glanced around the servants, and happened to look at Shen Ming, and immediately frowned.

The other servants lowered their heads in fear when they saw him, but this young man was the only one who did not lower his head.

Then he looked at Zhu Yan who was protecting him from his gaze. This made his already bad mood more unhappy.

So he walked towards Shen Ming and shouted

“ You should be a new servant? come with me and help me feed the monsters!”

“If you feed well, I will give you a big reward!”

After Shen Li finished speaking, two servants behind him walked to both sides of Shen Ming with a smile, and surrounded him from left to right, with a posture that did not allow him to refuse.

Zhu Yan, who saw the terrified expression on Shen Ming had the thought of increasing his loyalty, and silently walked towards Shen Li cupping his fists.

“ Master Shen Li! Can you please let this young lad go for the sake of our past friendship? “ 

“ Hahaha! To think a dog thing like you would now become arrogant enough to oppose me. “ Shen Li taunted without giving any face which made Zhu Yan lower his head in shame.

“ Get the fuck out of here. “ Shouted Shen Li and as soon as his eyes moved.

The followers on both sides grabbed the shoulders of Shen Ming and punched him in the face without knowing they had touched someone that they shouldn't touch.

“Hehehe, how long does it take to feed a monster? It’s very fast. After feeding, just take your time and take care of your spiritual field!”

Shen Li smiled evilly, then waved his hand and led his followers out of the courtyard.

“It’s so miserable. Do you think he can come back in one piece?”

“ At least some of his bones and ribs will be broken today”

“It’s that guy's fault for being handsome.”

“Don’t imitate him in the future. When you see someone who is stronger than you, you must lower your head. Do you understand?”

“Okay, stop making sarcastic remarks and get to work!”

Zhu Yan shouted with an ugly expression towards the servants who were taking pleasure in others’ misfortune and looked at Shen Ming who was still screaming for help.

‘ This guy can be used ’ thought Zhu Yan especially after today's incident.

5