Chapter 14: Beast Mountain
127 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shen Ming became silent after his figure reached far from the gaze of Zhu Yan and did not act rashly again; silently walking behind the figure of Shen Li.

As they kept on walking; the Steward of the Shen Ming's group passed them and looked at Shen Ming with a slight furrow in the brow and a subtle downturn at the corners of the mouth showing empathy for his misfortune.

It took about an hour for them to arrive at the periphery of the mountain. There is a Spiritual Rank High-Grade Protective formation inscribed outside the mountains to not let the monsters escape.

The Feeding area for the beasts is located in a valley of the Beast Mountain artificially created by the Shen Family for taming and breeding monsters.

Besides Shen Li and his followers, there was another Oldman who was at the periphery.

The old man looked to be seventy or eighty years old, with age spots all over his face. Seeing Shen Li's arrival, he silently retreated a few steps and sat under the tree to bask in the sun.

“ Hello Senior! I am Fu Ming. I hope you’ll take good care of me when I work with my senior from now on.” Shen Ming smiled habitually and greeted the Old man politely.

The old man glanced sideways at him, with an inexplicable meaning in his eyes. After a long time, he slowly said:

“That person Shen Li sent you here. It seems you are the unfortunate guy; he has caught today for doing his work, or maybe not..”

“.......”

Shen Ming tried to gauge the information of the strange old man in front of him but was stunned when he saw nothing.

This only happened when he tried to gauge the information of his grandfather and First uncle.

‘ Looks like this Oldman is not as simple as he looks. ’

“Haha, Oldman Sun is joking. I am just teaching the new servants; about the hardships of life...…”  said Shen Li in humility without any arrogance on his face.

‘ Elder Brother specially said not provoke this senile Oldman! So let's just endure..’

“hehe!”

The old man just chuckled, turned his head, and said nothing more.

Seeing that the other party seemed to have no desire to respond. Shen Li felt a little embarrassed, so he gestured with his hands and went to the place of his work.

Shen Li has reached the 6th stage in the Novice Rank and was given the job of feeding the wolves found by his brother Shen Huang through the connection with a Deacon.

He was paid 30 Silver coins a month, and if he did a good job, he would also get some monster meat from the Deacon and gradually developed a close relationship with the Deacon over the past ten years.

That’s why he can look down on all the servants and Stewards of the Servant courtyard and even have many followers under him!

Shen Li called one of his followers to pick up a small bag of spirit rice from the wooden house and shouted to Shen Ming.

“Take it in and feed it. Feed each wolf about 20 grains of spirit rice and one Energy Qi pill. Remember not to feed too much. If they see you treating each of them differently, they will get jealous and cause trouble!” scowled Shen Li and went away along with his followers before saying 

“Don’t blame me for not reminding you. The weakest among them is at the 1st stage and the strongest at the 6th stage Novice Rank. If they are not fed well and cause trouble, you will lie in bed for at least several days in pain by me!.”

Shen Ming nodded his head and picked up the spirit rice and energy pills. It was not because he was frightened by the ferocious Shen Li but he didn't want the character Fu Ming to collapse yet.

He took off his white robes and walked towards the baby wolves first. As Shen Ming caught a baby wolf, his gaze honed in on its features with a keen intensity.

He has noticed the wolf's fiery-red fur, its sharp, pointed ears twitching with awareness, and its bright, intelligent eyes fixed on him in alert.

But soon Shen Ming was stunned on the spot, and felt a deep turmoil in his heart at this moment!

He drew back his hand in disbelief. And the Golden light he saw on its body dissipated in an instant.

Then he quickly put his hand into the belly of the wolf…

The Golden light ball emerged again. As Shen Ming touched the ball of light; something popped in front of him.

[ Consumed a golden ball of light ]

[Current Daily Consumption remaining : (1/10). ]

Shen Ming tried to suppress his trembling heart and after making sure that there was no one observing him.

“.…”

The baby wolf turned her head to look at Shen Ming with a blank expression. 

With its limited wisdom, it vaguely realized that it seemed to have lost something invisible. But it has no idea what it has lost.

Shen Ming was speechless and started looking for other wolves in the Mountains.

[ Consumed *1 ]

[ Consumed *1 ]

[ Consumed *1 ]

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

[ Daily Consumption Completed : (10/10). ]

[ One Time Acceleration point Obtained. ]

[ Do you want to use it Yes/ No ]

‘ Let's not use it here ’ thought Shen Ming secretly in his heart. Since he sensed the footsteps of those guys returning in hurried steps.

After hesitating for a second Shen Ming chose to click on 'No'.

[ Stored one point ]

When Shen Ming saw the words popping up in his field of vision, he sighed in relief.

‘ As I thought, it does store the points ’

When Shen Ming was focused on it, he understood the role of these functions.

Next to him, Shen Li attempted to kick him on the butt, but he dodged it with a slight turn.

When this kick failed, Shen Li’s expression changed, and he slid forward without stopping and made a split in front of everyone! 

“hiss!”

“Brother Li! Brother Li!” 

The Servants who followed behind saw Shen Li’s painful expression and panicked in fear.

“Get away! Get away!” Shen Li gritted his teeth and stood up. His legs were shaking because of the pain in his balls, but at this time, the anger in his heart had suppressed the pain and then said viciously

 “What are you doing standing still? Go in and feed the wolves. Do you want us to teach you step by step?”

Usually, the servants used to laugh loudly at this moment. But looking at the pained expression of their master, they thought that being silent was the best option.

“ Yes! Master “ said Shen Ming and knelt, holding a small basin filled with spiritual rice and an energy pill, and showed a smile.

“ Come and eat your food...”

After the words fell, Shen Li and others looking behind laughed.

“Look at this guy, he’s actually talking to a spirit beasts. I’m laughing so hard!”

“Guess which part would the beasts attack in his body. I don’t think he can even feed even one well, hahaha!”

“It would be better if those spirit beasts scratch his face. I feel uncomfortable seeing his face.!”

Just when Shen Li and others thought they were going to see the miserable appearance of Shen Ming, the dragon mark on Shen Ming's right hand glowed making all the incoming wolves lower their proud heads in fear.

Just after a wolf finished eating the rice and energy Pill, the hunger in its body disappeared and it turned around to go somewhere else.

Shen Ming wasn't surprised since two days ago, he went to meet Little Gold and got to know about the suppression effect of his words on beasts.

‘ Even though I only do it on beasts which have less cultivation than me. ’

‘ It's most convenient to become a beast tamer in the future.’ 

When one spirit wolf became full, another spirit wolf started gathering without showing any resistance compared to wild beasts which showed some resistance.

Even the wolves which were known for having a bad temper, didn’t lose their temper. As if they were afraid of leaving a bad impression on Shen Ming, and squeezed silently in the line like obedient soldiers.

This strange scene made Shen Li and others open their mouths wide enough to stuff an egg, unable to understand what was wrong with these violent beasts.

Although the spirit wolves are tamed beasts, they still retain their wild nature and wouldn't obey the orders of others easily unless they make a Beast contract with them.

It’s ridiculous, ridiculous that someone can make them so obedient in one day.…

Shen Li and others’ eyes widened and they rubbed them vigorously a few more times.

“There’s really a queue? Am I under an illusion?”

If anyone had told Shen Li a day ago that spirit beasts would line up and wait obediently to be fed, he would have slapped him in the face!

But now this magical scene is actually happening before his own eyes!

“This person’s affinity with spiritual beasts…”

Shen Li’s eyes flashed with light, and his face became a little ugly.

“ It's just a servant member of the Clan. With his meagre talent he would never be able to break through the Advanced Rank stage....” shouted Shen Li which made the other servants recover from their shock.

So no matter how high the affinity is, he can only be a slave to him!

After shouting, Shen Li Opened the small pouch on his waist and took out 2 copper coins in his hand. With a swipe of his finger, he performed the ’ One Finger streak ’ and threw the copper coins towards Shen Ming.

‘ too slow ’ 

Shen Ming thought silently in his heart, but let them hit him to appease the furious Shen Li and grimaced in pain.

"Aaaahhh!"

Shen Li became satisfied looking at this and said 

“What are you still doing? You can get out now and come back tomorrow at the same time!”

“ Yes! Master “ Shen Ming said and went back on his way.

Are you liking the current development of the story?
  • 1. Yes Votes: 4 80.0%
  • 2. No Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 3. Drop the novel Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 5 · This poll was closed on Apr 17, 2024 07:17 PM.
5