The scarlet rain Part 1
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rain POV

We walked back together to the bunker where Crash was going to introduce me to the other members, and I would get situated. Crash explained to me on the way that the bunker was where the vehicles were stored, and the real base was underground and capable of withstanding natural disasters and missiles.

We entered the bunker, and just like Crash said, it was basically a garage full of vehicles. We walked towards the back of the bunker in silence where Crash led me to an elevator hidden behind a tank, which led to the true base. We traveled in the elevator with Crash not saying a word to me; he was not angry or annoyed. I could tell from his cold eyes that this was his nature, so I was not offended by him not talking more than he was required to.

In 30 seconds, we reached the end of our ride where the base would be. The elevator doors opened wide, revealing an enormous base the size of a stadium. The buildings in the base had a huge distance between them, with there being a minimum of 18 meters between each building. There was a clear divide between the buildings on the left and the buildings on the right. The buildings on the left were the hunters' working facilities; they were buildings full of weapons, training grounds, medical treatment facilities, and etc., while on the right lay the unique living quarters. I say unique because one was a wooden cabin, one was a trailer, one was a mansion, and there were five luxury houses packed together; it looked chaotic.

Crash led me to the cabin where I would be meeting the chief of the White Sun hunters. He left me at the door and told me to knock before I entered. I asked, "Where are you going now?" "I am going to my home to see my wife." "You have a wife?" I asked, confused. "If I didn't have one, why do you think a person like me would be here?" I nodded at him, and he made his way towards the mansion, which I assumed was his house.

I knocked on the door, and a rough voice soon responded for me to come in. I walked in to see a simple room with a bed at the back of the room, a dresser and desk next to the bed, a TV, several consoles and games, a dining table, seven wooden chairs, a fridge, and a gas stove and oven. The man sat in one of the wooden chairs eating a beef jerky stick while watching TV. The man had brown hair, an oval face, an unkempt beard, and a scar over his right eyebrow. He was wearing a simple white shirt with sweatpants, but he had two revolvers strapped to his side. He had the aura of a leader, and his eyes were calm with a hint of warmth and wisdom in them.

He rose up and offered me his hand, saying, "Hi, you must be the new recruit Rain; nice to meet you. I saw your fight with Anthony, and I am impressed with your skills. I hope we can work together for a long time." I shook his hand while in thought. I processed what he said before answering back. I was not surprised he watched our fight; what secret organization would not have cameras close to its base? I also found out Crash's real name is Anthony; it happened quicker than I imagined, though. "Yes, I am Rain; it is nice to meet the leader of the White Sun hunters." "Don't be fooled by my title; you and one of our members largely surpass me when it comes to combat. I was only chosen for my leadership and survival skills," he said. "They must be quite good for you to be chosen for it," I responded. "Not to brag, but I escaped a troupe of a hundred mercenaries while killing a third of them and severely injuring a half of them with only my twin pistols and revolvers."

I looked at the man with more respect after what he said. From my training, I learned that killing was easy, but surviving was harder. In situations where you kill a high-profile target, surviving the wrath of his bodyguards and his comrades is sometimes harder than executing and planning the kill. "OH, how clumsy I am, I forgot to introduce myself; my name is Ben."

After our introductions, we started talking about my housing, my role in the team, and our primary targets as the White Sun bounty hunters. Our discussion lasted an hour and was going to continue when our conversation was interrupted by a knock. "Come in," Ben said. The door opened, revealing a dark-haired lady. She had dark brown hair, pale skin, red and white lips, and an oval face. She had several scars on her neck and a large scar across her forehead. She was wearing a T-shirt, jeans, and a poncho over her shirt. She had fingerless gloves and carried a pistol on her hip. She had a confident aura, and her eyes carried a hint of coldness. Her fingernails were painted black with skulls on them.

"This is Valeria, our mid to long-range gun expert. She has been a part of our team for 3 years and has aided us in a variety of missions. Savannah, this is Rain, our new recruit, a close to mid-range cold weapons and martial arts expert," Ben introduced.

She gave me a glance then nodded as a sign of greeting. I nodded back. "The last member of our team is Elizabeth, our resident ginger and medic, but you won't see her as she is either in the lab or with Anthony."

"Now let's get to business. You and Valeria will be going on a mission in three days to kill the Minister of a small country. He is a hidden rapist and finances several human trafficking groups on the black market. Usually, this would be a three-man mission needing me, Valeria, and Anthony to go, but with the skills you showed today, taking three people would be a waste of resources. You and Valeria will be enough to kill him. He will be having a secret meeting with his black market associates in three days in an Oasis in the Sahara. I hope for no survivors, but if you can't kill them all, at least kill the rapist Minister to complete the mission," Ben said this to us seriously, with the last part being said with coldness in his eyes.

"We'll get it done," Valeria said with determination in her eyes while looking at me.

It seemed blood was going to spill soon.

0