Courting death
119 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[ Portal A Number 26 ]

This time, the sudden arrival of a pop in front of his eyes didn't surprise Kiesh, as in the past half-day time, he had been exposed to notifications more times than necessary. 

"Portal, huh? In my previous journey from Earth to the Banyan Tree then this sect, I travelled without any portal. And now I am going to experience them? Hmm, I wonder if I will feel dizzy after the transportation..." murmured Kiesh as he walked toward his assigned Portal A. 

It was situated inside a platform where both sides were made of gold, while the portal itself was blue, generating a white spark. 

It looked like a whirlpool of energy, but the most surprising thing for Kiesh was a floating football-sized orb having an organic build like it was some kind of cute creature with two large white eyes and black pupils.

"This thing looks bizarre, but it's cute... hmm, I wonder if Rin will like it. I should ask her," Kiesh thought. After that, Kiesh performed a high IQ move, remembering all the knowledge from fiction material he has consumed on Earth. In every one of them, this type of creature is always intelligent. 

Thinking that, Kiesh coughed and adjusted his cloth, extending his hand to shake it with the creature.

But before he could do so, the ball rushed to him, appearing just in front of his eyes like it wanted to munch on his head. The hand which previously wanted to get a handshake moved and slapped the creature.

The ball dodged the attack and appeared again in front of him.

"Hey, you commoner, stay still!"
Kiesh turned back, seeing a girl with green hair and green eyes staring at him fiercely. That look on her face irritated him, and the words "commoner" he said.

"Seriously, can't you see? I am trying to assess this thing, and what's up with 'commoners'? All of you people have some screw loose. We are in an advanced place; there is no 'commoner' and 'king' thing here."

"How dare you talk to me like that? Don't you know who I am?" 
Kiesh stopped playing and glared deep into the girl's eyes.

"I don't," Kiesh said, staring into the girl's lights hazel eyes with dead seriousness. This sudden response startled the girl. 

Never in her life, anybody has treated her like this. Every person she met knew her, respected her, and worshipped her, but this commoner.

"Courting death." Another voice came from behind her, from her attendant.

"You illiterate filth! How dare you talk to Princess Aurora informally? Didn't your bitch mom teach you some manners?" Princess Aurora's butler yelled, infuriated with the disrespect the person displayed.

[ Scan complete. ] A message appeared on Kiesh's screen, but he didn't focus on it. Instead, he prepared a fist and threw a punch with his full power at the butler while saying,

"Now you are courting death... mother fu..."

While Kiesh was cursing at the foul mouth of the princess's lackey, at the same time, the energy in the portal behind him started to condense together at rapid speed, taking the form of tentacles in a blink of an eye, which grabbed Kiesh, wrapping all around him and pulled him inside.
In that moment, he did feel his fist colliding with the butler's face, disfiguring it and sending him crashing into the crowd behind him.

They moved aside...

Thud...

The butler fell to the ground while Princess Aurora tried to process what had just transpired, exchanging glances between her attendant and the portal which had swallowed her enemy.

"Hahaha..." a series of laughter echoed from the spectre, ignoring their blank expression of Aurora.

***

On the other side of the portal, a series of students were dropping one by one from the portal, which was situated near a stone, along with a middle-aged man wearing a headband covering his head and wearing a loose robe.

"Welcome, now please stand in line," he gestured for the newly arrived person to stand aside.

"Wait a minute, there is one more disciple remaining for the quota."

"Yes, Master Paras," surrounding disciples answered at Master Paras's order. After all, they knew he would be the person who would teach them the basics of the world and cultivation, as well as their first techniques. Some of these disciples were already informed about Master Paras's anger issues and his strict punishment format.

"Hmm, definitely the person is having difficulty with the orb, or he is afraid of stepping into the portals," one of the disciples standing behind Paras said.
To that, Master Paras answered, "It seems he is from a newly integrated world, thus he is quite uneducated on some matters. Ah well, I must teach you all some basics; I have to explain things from the beginning."

As Master Paras's words echoed, the portal transmitted some words that seemed to be directed at him. It was like the person coming out from it was unhappy with the master's assessment, so he cursed.

"You are courting death—"

And boom, the figure exhaled out with black hair and black eyes, wearing a dirty white normal t-shirt and brown pants.

"—mother f%&*er."

When those words escaped from Kiesh's mouth, his head was on the ground facing his yet-to-be master.
Glaring deep into his surroundings, the surroundings turned silent as he slowly understood what had transpired. He was returning the curse to a home shop princess Lackey, but before that, he was dragged inside the portal, and now he was in a tense glare.

"Hum, hum, is anyone here from Earth who understands English?"

Master Paras smiled genuinely and answered.
"No."

"Oh, thank, then it means nobody understood what I just said. Thanks, old man; you are a lifesaver. You know, there was a girl who thought I was a commoner and didn't know much about this world. Well, it's true but cut me some slack. So what if I am from a newly integrated world and a little uneducated on the matter? You can't just say it to my face and curse my mom."

Murmurs filled the place as people began to speak.

"Isn't it Master who just said he is uneducated?"

"That means he is cursing at him."
"What will happen now..."

"I heard Master Paras has strict punishment rules."

"Wait, wait, guys, how can you understand what I am saying... "Then suddenly it drew upon Kiesh..". shoot!..."

"Your words are automatically translated, young man... now tell me, what type of punishment do you want?"

"Can I pass?" Kiesh asked, staring deep into Master Paras's red eyes which held nothing but fury.

"No," Master Paras answered and extended his arm toward Kiesh, handing him an axe.
—Ding!—

[Congratulations, you have unlocked a new Subcategory].

[Punishment].

In the next moment, a thunderstorm came from the sky, landing on Kiesh, frying his body and electrolyzing him.
When the lightning disappeared, there was no one. The ground was burned, and every trace of Kiesh disappeared, leaving behind the rising fog.

Gasps filled the surroundings as people swallowed dry saliva, witnessing the cruel act.

"Don't worry, he is Alive..."
—For now "

6