How difficult it is to catch a fish!
62 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A giant blue fish swam underwater, its fins flipping, pushing itself forward and absorbing the air and water from its gills, generating bubbles. 

It swam up, ascending toward the sky, piercing the water's surface to emerge outside with a splash, bringing droplets and pouring water from the lake, accompanied by a waterfall in the background and a solid island-like structure in the middle of the lake.

Suddenly, some blue vines rushed at her from the bushes, coiling all around her like a viper. These vines pulled it away toward her doom.

****

After a while, Kiesh could be seen preparing an appropriate structure of wood to be used as the platform to grill the fish he had just caught. The fish was already butchered, so now all that remained was to put fire on and cook it.

Neatly chopped meat pieces arranged on a stick to be grilled appropriately.

Both ends of the meat stick were placed on two tip of v shaped branches base stabbed into the ground.

Below, a collection of dry wood blocks were placed to be used as fire fuel.

"Huff, just a little bit more— a little..."

—Gurgle!

Kiesh's abdomen screamed at him to give him something to eat, asking to add fuel for the body only to receive a response of, "Just a little more."

All the preparation to cook the fish was done. Appropriate cut meat was checked clean, water was checked, now the only thing remaining was to make a fire.

"Making fire, how difficult can it be, right? I just need to grind these stones together to generate a spark. If that doesn't work, I use wood. I have everything: dry grass collected from the demon tree corps, two hard and shiny rocks..."

The sound of rocks colliding with each other echoed.

Again and again and again, but to Kiesh's misfortune, there was no fire, not even a spark of it was present. Upon seeing this, he decided to use a stick and rotated it on another piece of wood.

Swish, swish, swish.

Using his palm as the main engine, he rotated a wooden stick on the block.

At the contact of it, a hole was made with the friction. Some smoke started to rise up, indicating a spark has been birthed.

"Yes, it's here," but alas, before the fruit of his labor comes to his lap, the smoke died down spiting at the spark.

—GURGLE!

"Ah, I am hungry. I will not stop.. not  until I succeed or this branch is reduced to ashes."

With that, Kiesh started his grind, the sound of his gurgling stomach mingling with an ever-surging grinding voice echoed.

After 30-minute intervals, all of Kiesh's stored branches were reduced to ashes, so Kiesh could be seen banging his head on the trunk of a nearby tree in distress.

"No, no, why, why, why can't I generate fire? I clearly remember from TV that person who filmed himself living in the jungle and producing fire with stone and wood."

Suddenly, Kiesh stopped pounding his head against the tree trunk and said, "Fine, if I can't generate fire, I'll eat it raw."

With that, Kiesh took a step toward the fish hung in the middle of the air, ready to be grilled.

"No!!," he turned back and again tried to make the fire, rapidly grinding the stones together, directing the spark toward the dried grass.

One...

Kiesh remembered when he first approached this pond, he immediately jumped in only to scare away the one or two present aquatic creatures. They ran away, deep into the water, hiding.

Two...

Then, after hours, he again tried, only to be greeted by the same fate.

So, he came up with a strategy: upon observing that every once an hour, a fish came out from the water to breathe. He marked it as an appropriate time.

Three...

And finally, after another hour of waiting, he had captured the food.

Now, when everything is in his clutches, there is no reason for him to eat it raw. He will eat it cooked and enjoy every bite.

No one is going to stop him, not even that stone present on the ground.

Four...

Suddenly, a fog started to rise up from the dried grass. Kiesh immediately kneeled down and started blowing the air toward the flickering light.

Fuu...

Fuiuu...

Fui...

Finally, an ascending spark of fire became visible, giving hope to Kiesh's dream of generating flame. Kiesh, without wasting any more time, gave the fire to the wood blocks present below the hovering.meat stick.

Salivating at the sight of the fish getting cooked, Kiesh observed its surface slowly turning a deep shade of red. Upon seeing this, Kiesh rotated the hovering fish stick to grill the other side of it.

Unaware that the aroma from his food was attracting some wild beast who was hovering in the tree branches, jumping from one to another and reaching the pond.

Kiesh cut out a specific part of the fish, detaching it and blowing the rising steam away to make it a little cooler. He placed the piece in his mouth.

"Hmm, this moist, tender, salty meat slurp..." After eating a slice, he was ready for another.

After a couple of chunks, Kiesh's gurgling stomach stopped yelling, but the hunger was still present. Kiesh's hand moved the axe in his arm to chop away another fish part from one of the chunks.

But before he could do so, the sound of air getting pierced echoed as a blurry shadow emerged from the bushes, lunging at the prepared food and swiping it.

Kiesh also leapt into action, trying to catch the perpetrator, but that humanoid figure, full of fur, was quick as the wind. It jumped up, hopped on the tree, and ran away.

"How dare you, wild monkey!!"

3