Amber
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I walked through the forest looking up into the trees, I fingered the gadget in my pocket.

Kenta said that they'll expand into bindings when I throw the peridot (peri-doe)

I saw a girl with brown hair skin up ahead, I started to walk toward her.

she seems familiar somehow.

the Moon and sun Queens were looking for the princess of the moon kingdom, Ariel ran away or something.

when the Queen heard that the moon palace was in an uproar and the princess was either kidnapped or had run away she instantly sent out her forces to attack in the morning and advised all spies to leave the kingdom to search for the princess so we wouldn't get murdered.

"hey you!" I said the girl turned I saw she had gray eyes, it seemed even more familiar than the hair.

"yes?" she said

"have you seen the princess?" I asked as I studied her.

"which one? what side?" she asked "wait, who are you to ask?"

"Queen Midnight has sent multiple guards to look for princess Ariel" I said flinching slightly at calling her 'queen' "do you know where she might be?"

"no, what happened? was she kidnapped?" she said I thought I heard a hint of sarcasm in her voice

"it's none of your business unless you know anything... uh what was it again?"

"A- I mean T-Tara" she said stretching her hand out to shake I took it and shook

"legacy?" I asked trying to sound as if I was required to do it when I was just suspicious 

"T names" she said I thought she had hesitated but I wasn't sure.

wait, I remember where I saw her

her hand was still in mine I slid something out of my pocket and stuck it to her wrist.

"Amber, legacy of gemstones" I said letting go of her wrist

I pretended to itch my foot through the shoe and when I put it down the tip touched against the inside of her foot leaving the second metal circle in place.

"So you're on the moon side?" Tara asked but I knew it wasn't her name

"maybe, I'm still trying to find out why you ran away from them though" that got her running, she practically jumped into the tree above us.

I rolled my eyes.

and to think no one has caught her yet, this is way to easy.

I looked up at the branch she was on, it was drooping noticeably.

stars she's bad at this.

"I know your there" I say leaning against the trunk "you can't stay there forever"

I knew if I started to climb up she would jump to a different tree so I wouldn't waste my energy.

I'd just wait for her to do it herself.

she must have been feeling exceptionally stupid today because it only took about five minutes to jump.

the second her weight left the tree I was ready, I instantly threw a green piece of peridot on the ground.

I heard the twack of Ariel hitting the branch she had aimed for, and she must not be at all used to climbing trees because she fell after only a few seconds of struggle to hang on.

of course she isn't used to climbing she's a princess.

"owwww" she mumbled "couldn't have done that before I got into the tree?"

"you flung yourself into it, literally" I answered "you could have stayed in the tree longer"

"you could have stayed on the ground just as long" she pushed herself up while I stayed up against the tree.

"well miss princess I don't think that big head helped" I pushed my dark brown braids out of my face and tied them in a pony tail.

"so are we going to your palace or whatever" she said frowning.

"its not 'my' palace" I said looking through my satchel

"I mean its certainly not mine" Ariel said I snapped my head up towards her

"how do you... think that?" I caught myself before I said know that

"this is bronze which is a supper common metal in the sun kingdom and they have slightly more advanced technology than us you also have gold earrings which are a metal looked down on in my kingdom also-"

"OK OK I get it, and I thought princesses were trained to not to be annoying"

"I'm telling you what you asked" Ariel said trying to stand up with the bands connecting her hands and arms.

"come on" I started walking away

"um wait, how? worm the whole way there?"

"sounds efficient" I pull out a Tigers eye from my bag and toss it in the bushes.

a chain sprouted around the arm bands in a yellow glow and the leg bands fell off, I picked up the chain and kicked the rest under a bush.

"how..." Ariel stared at the chain

"something about how we offer gifts to our 'god' and how she rewards us with advanced tech or whatever" I roll my eyes "anyway lets go"

 

0