Chapter 27: Are You Touched?
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As he looked upon the despair on Lu Yufei's face, Lin Xiao felt not a shred of sympathy. One must always face the consequences of their actions.

After Lu Yufei departed in a state of shock, Lin Xiao promptly put the incident out of his mind. For him, Lu Yufei was nothing more than a passing stranger.

Wan Caixuan, who was standing nearby, took a phone call. After exchanging a few words, she ended the call and left to attend to some work. Regarding the Lu Yufei situation, she didn't give it much thought. If not for Lin Xiao, she wouldn't have even known Lu Yufei's name.

Before she left, she turned to Lin Xiao and Ning Xi and said, "I'll likely be busy until past 5 o'clock. Ning Xi, please show Lin Xiao around the company. Come pick me up around 5."

"Alright, Miss," Ning Xi nodded in acknowledgment.

After seeing Wan Caixuan off to the president's office, Ning Xi prepared to give Lin Xiao a tour of the company’s premises.

Walking through the corridor, Ning Xi and Lin Xiao trailed one after the other. Suddenly, Ning Xi turned to Lin Xiao, a touch of apology in her eyes.

"I'm sorry. I didn't foresee things turning out this way."

She was aware that Lu Yufei and Lin Xiao were at odds. When Lin Xiao first came for his interview, Lu Yufei had done everything in his power to create obstacles. But she hadn't taken it seriously before, thinking that a stern reprimand would suffice. To her surprise, Lu Yufei persisted in trying to make things difficult for Lin Xiao.

"It's fine. This isn't your fault," Lin Xiao reassured her, shaking his head.

Relieved to see Lin Xiao taking the situation in stride, Ning Xi breathed a sigh of relief. She feared that he might get angry. Given the precarious situation her Miss was in and Lin Xiao's exceptional martial arts skills, she knew that her Miss's safety was assured as long as Lin Xiao was around.

After a moment's hesitation, Ning Xi continued, "Lin Xiao, regarding today's incident, don't you have any questions?"

Lin Xiao understood that Ning Xi was referring to the assault by the mysterious men in black. He shook his head. "No, having chosen the job of a bodyguard, I was mentally prepared for such occurrences."

Ning Xi's eyes lit up, a pleased smile spreading across her face. "I knew I saw something special in you, Lin Xiao. I knew you were extraordinary, that you had a sense of responsibility and perseverance."

By then, the two had moved from the rooftop president's office to the president's private elevator, ready to descend.

Whether intentionally or not, they found themselves standing very close inside the elevator. The faint fragrance wafting from Ning Xi gradually filled Lin Xiao's senses. With her this close, he could clearly see the fullness of her chest.

In an unexpected move, Ning Xi leaned closer, whispering into Lin Xiao's ear, "You don't know that I vouched for you to Miss earlier, asserting that you definitely wouldn't pose any problems. Are you moved?"

Her warm breath tickled his skin, her soft body leaning into his arm, the enticing scent engulfing his senses, all of this rendered Lin Xiao completely immobile, almost as if he was frozen in place, not daring to move.

"I’m indeed moved. Thank you, Sister Ning Xi." Lin Xiao managed to force a smile on his stiff face, then subtly stepped back, putting a little more distance between him and Ning Xi.

"Moved? Then why are you stepping back? Show some courage."

Ning Xi pushed out her chest, extended her slender finger, and gently traced Lin Xiao's cheek, all the while fixing him with a seductive gaze.

"..."

Despite Lin Xiao's composure and determination, he couldn't help feeling a tad shaken as he gazed upon the alluring Ning Xi.

Nevertheless, Lin Xiao was no ordinary man. He quickly regained his calm and said, with a wry smile, "Sister Ning Xi, please, stop joking around."

"Joking? Not at all." Ning Xi replied, feigning confusion. Yet, seeing Lin Xiao's helpless expression, she burst out laughing: "Ha! Lin Xiao, you're quite a sight. Could it be that you're still a virgin?"

"..."

At Lin Xiao's reaction, Ning Xi laughed even harder.

Initially, she hadn't truly intended to tease Lin Xiao. Despite being less frosty than her boss, she had always maintained her virtue and never allowed physical contact with other men.

However, the contrast between Lin Xiao's rigid demeanor and the grisly scene of bodies they'd found that morning, was too stark to ignore.

Although she hadn't seen Lin Xiao's fighting prowess firsthand, she could picture how formidable he must be. This contrast between a stiff Lin Xiao and a deadly martial artist was too amusing, and Ning Xi couldn't resist teasing him.

"Alright, alright. If you won't react, that's fine, but remember, there won't be another opportunity like this."

With a 'ding', the elevator reached the ground floor of the Brilliant building. Stepping out, Ning Xi's laughter subsided.

"Good day, Assistant Ning."

"Good day, Assistant Ning."

Employees greeted Ning Xi as she passed. Several male employees watched her with infatuated gazes.

Without a hint of emotion, Ning Xi responded with a curt nod.

In Brilliant Aya Chemicals, Ning Xi, as the president's assistant, maintained an air of gravity and seldom smiled. While she wasn't as icy as the president, she was still considerably aloof.

The president was an unreachable star, but Ning Xi seemed more approachable, thus many male employees idolized her.

Of course, their adoration might falter if they discovered how their revered Ning Xi had been teasing Lin Xiao in the elevator earlier.

After taking Lin Xiao on a tour of the company, Ning Xi excused herself due to other commitments.

It was barely past four o'clock and Lin Xiao, feeling rather idle, decided to explore the building.

However, despite being the president's personal bodyguard, Lin Xiao was perceived as nothing more than a brainless fighter by some white-collar workers at Brilliant Aya Chemicals, regardless of his now elegant attire.

Particularly those who envied Lin Xiao for being able to spend every day near the gorgeous president. They sneered at him. Though they didn't dare offend him directly, they weren't exactly friendly either.

Naturally, Lin Xiao didn't care.

Suddenly, a cautious greeting caught Lin Xiao's attention.

"Brother Lin, hello."

Lin Xiao looked up, initially unsure, but quickly remembered the man before him. It was the security guard who had led him to the recruitment venue on his first visit to Brilliant Tower.

He was the one who Lu Yufei had ordered to remove Lin Xiao. The guard hadn't immediately used force but instead attempted to persuade Lin Xiao to leave.

It was only under Lu Yufei's pressure that he reluctantly restrained Lin Xiao. Thus, Lin Xiao didn't harbor any ill will toward this guard. In fact, he had a favorable impression of him.

How do you guys like the novel until now?

1