Chapter 33: Inspection
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once Lin Xiao left Guanglai High School, he headed to pick up Wan Caixuan for their journey to the company. Their trip was largely silent.

They arrived at their destination around eight in the morning. As soon as they reached the building, Wan Caixuan gave Lin Xiao a quick greeting before alighting from the car. She then took a dedicated elevator straight to her office at the top of the building.

After parking the car, Lin Xiao entered the building himself.

"Good morning, Brother Lin," Luo Xiaofeng, the security guard, greeted him the moment he set foot inside the building.

"Morning," Lin Xiao responded, nodding his head.

Inside the building, Lin Xiao seemed at a loss about what to do next. As Wan Caixuan's personal bodyguard, he often had plenty of downtime. He only needed to be at her side when she was out and about. Otherwise, he was free to do as he pleased as long as he remained in the building while she was in her office.

So, he spent his time aimlessly wandering around the building. He bumped into Ning Xi a few times, but she was too busy to chat and simply waved a quick hello before hurrying off.

It wasn't until the afternoon that he received notice that Wan Caixuan was planning to go out.

Driving on a narrow road, they headed to their next destination.

Brilliant Aya Chemical, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Brilliant Group, specialized in the development and sale of cosmetics, shampoo, and other chemical products. Their destination for the day was the research base of Aya Chemical.

The research base was intentionally located far away from the city to avoid polluting the environment and to minimize the risk of chemical leaks. It was tucked away in a remote suburb.

Perhaps yesterday's attempted attack left Wan Caixuan a bit shaken. As a result, their convoy today was not just Lin Xiao, her personal bodyguard, but a line of vehicles filled with security personnel.

As they drove, their convoy kicked up clouds of dust.

In an effort to better protect Wan Caixuan, a female driver named Yang Shuiche was assigned to drive. Lin Xiao, freed from his dual role as driver, sat by Wan Caixuan's side at her insistence.

Yang Shuiche, a twenty-something woman with an impressive figure and above-average looks, would be considered a goddess in many people's eyes. But compared to Wan Caixuan, she was definitely overshadowed.

Wan Caixuan's outfit for the day was simple yet elegant. She wore a purple long-sleeved shirt paired with a sky-blue skirt, completed with a pair of matching blue high heels. Her look was not that different from what you might expect from any professional woman.

Despite her simple attire, it failed to veil her captivating allure, her flawless face, and her stunning, perfect figure.

When they had initially boarded the car, numerous people along the journey were rendered entranced and speechless. Perhaps, Lin Xiao was the only one who could resist the magnetism of Wan Caixuan.

He reclined on the back seat, eyes shut in rest, emotions undisturbed.

Inside the car, Wan Caixuan diligently scanned through the documents in her hands. Her long, silky hair cascaded down her cheeks. However, her occasional glances towards Lin Xiao suggested that she wasn't as absorbed in her work as she appeared to be.

She studied Lin Xiao, sitting beside her, with a fleeting complexity in her gaze.

After two days of acquaintance, Wan Caixuan had begun to understand Lin Xiao's character, cold, composed, professional, and unperturbed by external distractions.

Still, she couldn't shake off a subtle sense of defeat. She had never encountered a man who could completely disregard her beauty.

To her surprise, despite the mild sense of defeat, she felt a profound sense of security. As if with Lin Xiao by her side, she had no other worries in the world.

This feeling perplexed Wan Caixuan. Having been overly sensitive towards men since her childhood, she would feel discomfort if anyone were to stay by her side for over five minutes. Feeling secure was an unfamiliar sensation.

'Why is it so? Is it because he saved me? What secrets does his identity hold?' She pondered, stealing a glance at Lin Xiao. He seemed shrouded in a fog, his true self elusive and hard to discern.

Having returned to Jiangnan Floral Estates the previous day, she had attempted another investigation into Lin Xiao's identity but to no avail. It was the same as Ning Xi's inquiry, no accessible information.

Despite her turbulent thoughts, Wan Caixuan kept her face composed and focused on her documents.

Time slipped away. Perhaps due to inadequate rest, she found the words on the documents blurring. Her body began to lean, eventually resting on Lin Xiao's shoulder.

The closed-eyed Lin Xiao sensed a slight weight on his shoulder. A delicate fragrance wafted into his nostrils as he opened his eyes.

The scene before him took his breath away.

A picture-perfect face, a delicate collarbone, and a graceful, swan-like neck all coupled with her slow and measured breathing. The sight was tempting, indeed overwhelming, especially for men.

Even Lin Xiao, who prided himself on his self-control, couldn't help but feel his heart skip a beat. He took a moment to suppress his inner urge, drew in a deep breath, and composed himself. For the duration of the journey, he remained seated, allowing Wan Caixuan to rest against his shoulder.

About an hour later, their vehicle pulled up to a sprawling, isolated factory.

By then, Wan Caixuan stirred, her eyes gradually fluttering open. Upon realizing she had been sleeping on Lin Xiao's shoulder, and that her resting spot was damp, her face flushed with embarrassment.

Seeing her reaction, Lin Xiao calmly stated, "President, we've arrived at the research and development base."

His demeanor was stoic as if nothing had occurred.

"Oh... okay," Wan Caixuan responded, her tone somewhat stiff, but her gaze kept returning to the damp patch on Lin Xiao's shoulder.

"It's alright, President. The staff at the research base are awaiting your arrival. Shall we disembark?"

Despite knowing what was occupying Wan Caixuan's attention, Lin Xiao chose to act oblivious.

"Alright, let's go," she finally conceded, noticeably relieved by Lin Xiao's indifferent attitude.

After disembarking, Lin Xiao courteously opened the door for Wan Caixuan.

At this point, the executives of the Brilliant Aya Chemicals Research and Development Base were already assembled, awaiting their arrival with anticipation. Flanking them were hundreds of employees, lined up to welcome their new president.

Upon alighting, Wan Caixuan regained her usual icy composure. She thanked the executives for their efforts, marking her first visit to the research base.

The second her foot hit the ground, a wave of excitement rippled through the assembled crowd. Their previous listlessness evaporated, replaced by cheers of admiration. They hadn't expected their new president to be such a vision of beauty.

0