6
610 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The place where the Demon King, Ernest, Siora, and Minwoo arrived using transfer magic was a small room that felt like a living room. Except for the fact that there are no windows, it is a place that feels so human that you can’t even think of it as the Devil’s Castle. Perhaps thanks to this, Minwoo felt more psychologically stable than before when he was on the high tower.

After Ernate invited Minwoo to a comfortable-looking chair, she sat down as well. Siora stood next to Ernate as if assisting him.

Ernest spoke first.

“First of all, I should be thankful that you didn’t harm me even after subduing me. But you made me, the Demon King, deplete my magical power in an instant. What kind of harmony did you use?”

“Eh… That’s… “

Even if he asked that question, Minwoo couldn’t understand a word that Ernate said. On the contrary, I almost wanted to ask about it here. However, Ernate interpreted Minwoo’s reticence to speak in a different way.

“I see… I guess it’s a secret. Well, I don’t have any desire to pry into you too. It was just curiosity, so don’t worry about it.”

“…”

It was fortunate that Ernate was willing to convince him, but Minwoo caught her gaze instantly turning to the mini LED light stick. As expected, I’m on the lookout for this thing. Even Minwoo, who knew nothing, had that level of insight.

Although the principle was unknown, it was clear that this Gyeonggwangbong had some strange power.

Ernate continued her words.

“I’m going to speak bluntly. I summoned you to this world for a certain purpose. I didn’t summon you knowing in advance about your existence, but I tried to summon someone who meets certain conditions in the world you live in, and based on those conditions, there is no doubt that you were chosen.”

“Specific conditions..?”

When Minwoo questioned her in a slurred voice, Ernate rested her chin on both hands and spokes.

“Before I explain that, I must first explain the relationship between me and the hero… No, the relationship between humans and us demons.”

After Ernate briefly quenched her thirst with tea provided by Sciora, she began to explain the history of the continent.

It is a history of blood between humans and monsters over a long period of time.

In the distant past, various races coexisted and lived on the continent. The humans, who were still small in number and weak in strength, were busy dividing sides and fighting among themselves, but other races were enjoying an idyllic life without invading their respective territories.

However, at some point this balance was broken. The problem began with the unification of human nations into one. After the war ended, the humans gathered under the name of the Empire seemed to have regained peace, but in the end, their true nature did not go anywhere.

Eventually, they began to turn their blades on other races.

The elves, who lived quietly in the jungles of the eastern part of the continent, were able to avoid anger from humans thanks to their unique secretiveness and closed nature, but other races naturally came into conflict with humans.

The Orcs, who had a reproductive capacity as strong as humans and were proud of their unique dragon power, fought an all-out war against humans but were greatly defeated. Orcs were scattered across the continent, and some were taken as slaves by humans and used as labor.

Even within the same race, the beastmen, whose roots were divided into many branches, had outstanding individual strength, but in the end, they were unable to unite their forces and were individually defeated by humans. Most of them were driven out to the cold northern lands, and some were skinned by humans. Or, it was sold to some pervert aristocrats with a tendency to achieve.

However, the humans who were so successful suddenly faced a big wall.

There was a place where even the humans who had come to dominate most of the continent had not yet set foot. That place was the western part of the continent, a desolate land ruled by the Demon King.

In fact, at first, humans also had no interest in the western part of the continent. This is because, as the name suggests, it was thought to be nothing but a barren desert.

However, when a curious adventurer went there and returned with numerous treasures, the rumor quickly spread throughout the empire.

And soon it became known that there were all kinds of labyrinths and gold and silver treasures in the western part of the continent.

It was a good stimulant for humans who had been bored by the long peace.

Soon, the western part of the continent turned into a dreamland for pioneers, and countless adventurers and labyrinth explorers began to set foot there.

However, humans soon realized that their actions had offended the devil.

The Demon King, the owner of the labyrinth and ruler of the monsters, began to take revenge on humans.

He was the first demon king who originally had no interest in humans, but he was not the type to just quietly suffer even when his home was being trampled upon.

In the end, a big war broke out between humans and monsters.

The empire waged war against the devil’s forces with well-trained soldiers, a hundred knights, and self-proclaimed wizards. However, the Demon King’s strength far exceeded people’s imagination.

Humans, who learned the bitter taste of defeat for the first time in history, had to take comfort in the fact that the Demon King did not advance beyond the western part of the continent.

But humans did not give up. The emperor, the first figure of the empire, gathered the sorcerers and intellectuals he called me and had them come up with a plan to defeat the devil.

And they soon learn about the legend of the warrior.

In the distant past, when monsters ruled the entire continent, a story close to a myth was being passed down that a hero summoned from another world drove the monsters to the west and protected humans.

Based on that legend, wizards studied ancient secret arts and eventually succeeded in completing the hero summoning ritual.

And the Demon King bows to the summoned hero.

The Demon King sealed himself, and the desolate land was laid beneath the warrior’s feet. Many labyrinths were conquered and countless goods were placed in the hands of humans.

Afterwards, the warriors returned to the world they originally came from. In the first place, the warrior helped the empire on that condition, and from the empire’s point of view, it was not very desirable for a warrior with great power to continue to remain.

Afterwards, the Demon King was resurrected as a different person and began taking revenge on humans, but he was defeated by another hero who was summoned again.

And that history continued to repeat itself.

Now there was almost nothing left of the Demon King’s sphere of influence his. The Demon King’s loyal subordinates and monsters

Their heads were cut off by humans or they fled to the demon world, and the labyrinth became desolate.

Now, all that remains of the Demon King is the Demon Castle at the western end of the continent. Fortunately, there was a portal in the Demon King’s Castle that was connected to the Demon World, so even humans could not touch it. But that too was only a matter of time.

When Ernate’s story progressed to this point, Minwoo cautiously raised his hand.

“Do you have any questions?”

“No, that’s not really a question… “

Through the story so far, Minwoo found out roughly what the situation was. The point was that someone needed to stand against the hero, and the person who could stand against him was himself.

“Well… I know the story, but why stop? I’m an ordinary person with no powers…”

“There is no need to be so humble. Didn’t you overpower me just a moment ago?”

“No, I didn’t know that… “

He tried to say that he had not done anything, but Min-woo kept his mouth shut again, thinking that something might happen if he thoughtlessly looked down on him. First of all, I planned to investigate the power of the light stick later when I was alone, but there was no harm in being careful until then.

“Besides, the situation now is a bit different from before. We have a good chance of winning.”

“The odds?”

The Demon King, Ernate, was originally scheduled to be resurrected about a year later. However, according to the former Demon King’s plan, Ernate was resurrected a little earlier, even if it was difficult.

Usually, the summoning of a hero takes place a little earlier than the resurrection of the Demon King. The reason was that the warrior needed time to grow.

The hero does not have great power as soon as he is summoned. However, a hero has a talent that is on a different level from that of a criminal and possesses an overwhelmingly vast amount of magical power, making him stronger in the blink of an eye.

In that case, I thought it would be a good idea to assassinate the hero before he grows, but even that was not an easy task. There are excellent knights and wizards in the empire, although they are not at the level of Heroes.

If they decided to protect their warriors in the center of the empire, which was thoroughly defended against the outside world, there was nothing even the Demon King could do. Moreover, Ernate was unable to fully regain his strength due to his early resurrection.

The period required for a hero to grow is approximately one year. After that period, the warrior will already have a level of skill that even the best knights of the empire cannot compete with. Afterwards, the warrior forms a party and advances to the western part of the continent to gain practical combat experience by exploring the labyrinth. Only then will the Demon King be revived, but he will not be able to handle the hero who has already grown as he should.

It was a history that was repeated again and again until now.

“But by summoning you, we also gained victory.”

“…”

Resurrection brought forward a year, even though it was difficult to do so. The summoning of an anti-hero is based on the hero’s summoning ritual. All of this was the previous Demon King’s plan.

“..Can I ask you one question?”

“As much as you want.”

“What happens if I say I won’t help you.?"

11