Chapter 5 -Kill the pig demon
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 

"His younger brother?" The wild boar demon, Yong Chu, murmured to himself, widening his eyes. "Are you the one called Muyun Qin?"

 

He remembered.

 

Gang Qin had two sons, one named Yun Qin and the other was a famous young swordsman who had left home to travel the world six years ago. However, six years ago, Muyun Qin's strength was only impressive among the younger generation, still considered immature in the eyes of true powerhouses. Yong Chu, the 'wild boar demon,' was one of the terrifying monsters lurking in the city of Yingtian. How could he have any regard for a young kid from back then?

 

"If you kill me, the Water God won't spare you," Yong Chu, the wild boar demon, felt his consciousness weakening and growled unwillingly. "The Water God won't spare you, won't spare you."

 

"The Water God? Seven out of ten monsters in Yingtian City are under the Water God's command," Muyun Qin sneered. "If I'm killing demons, why would I be afraid of offending the Water God?"

 

Yong Chu, the wild boar demon, completely transformed into its original form, the upper half of its body resembling a massive wild boar. It fell silent and died completely.

 

The entire hall fell into silence.

 

The owner of the monsters, including the cat demon, and the eight monsters, as well as the woman in pink and the old man in black robes, all lay dead.

 

Only Muyun Qin stood alone in the center of the hall, lost in thought.

 

"Just by looking at the body of this monster's owner, one can tell that it would take a powerful strike to sever it. There aren't many people in Yingtian City who can do that easily. It would easily expose my identity, so I need to take care of all these things. I've only just returned after six years and haven't even faced off against the Water God yet," Muyun Qin thought to himself, and then roughly searched the hall. He discovered a box with star-patterned steel.

 

"Star-patterned steel?" Muyun Qin looked at the silver metal pieces revealed by the broken wooden box. "With dozens of pounds of star-patterned steel, the foundation of my flying sword, my lifebound weapon, will become much stronger, and the time required for its refinement will be reduced by one or two months."

 

He searched through the bodies of the monsters in the hall but found nothing that surprised him like the "star-patterned steel."

 

Then, Muyun Qin took out a red silk pouch from his pocket. Opening it, he found a small bottle inside. Removing the bottle stopper, he dripped some liquid from the bottle onto the bodies of the monsters. Yong Chu, the wild boar demon, received seven or eight drops, while the other monsters only received one or two drops.

 

"Sizzle, sizzle, sizzle."

 

Then he ignited the liquid.

 

The body of the wild boar demon, Yong Chu, would usually burn for several days, leaving behind bones. However, the liquid that had been dripped on it now burned with a faint blue flame. This blue flame continuously eroded the demon's body, and after just over ten breaths, the body was completely incinerated, leaving only ashes. As for the other monster bodies, even though they only received one or two drops of the liquid, they all turned to ashes.

 

"There's not much of this 'Phantom Water' left. I'll need to prepare more," Muyun Qin muttered to himself. He walked to the armrest of the throne and made a few adjustments, restoring it to its original state.

 

"Boom, boom, boom~~~" The side doors of the hall, which had closed earlier, opened once again.

 

Using his divine eyes, Muyun Qin easily found the living quarters of the monster owner, Yong Chu, and after careful searching, he quickly found a hundred treasure chests hidden away. Inside were gemstones, pearls, and a stack of silver bills.

 

"Wow, 63,000 taels?" Muyun Qin flipped through the silver bills, feeling pleasantly surprised. "This old monster is under the Water God's command, and most of his earnings must be offered to the Water God. His usual cultivation also has many expenses. It's impressive that he managed to accumulate so much silver."

 

"In cultivation, the law of wealth is ranked second, with the law of techniques being the first. Without techniques, cultivation is impossible. Wealth comes second." Muyun Qin shook his head. "As a member of the Sword Immortal lineage, my expenses are minimal, except for the vast resources required to nurture my lifebound flying sword. Over these six years, I've invested most of my earnings into it. Luckily, with these silver bills and dozens of pounds of star-patterned steel I obtained this time, along with my previous savings, it should barely be enough to support the refinement of my flying sword."

 

Muyun Qin carefully packed the silver bills and gemstones into his storage pouch and carried the treasure chests back to the main hall. He then took a moment to observe the surroundings. The hall was silent, devoid of any signs of life after the intense battle.

 

"Yingtian City is the stronghold of the Water God's forces in this region. It seems that the Water God has been gathering powerful monsters to increase his influence," Muyun Qin contemplated. "I must continue my journey and confront the Water God directly. Only by eliminating him can I free this city from his control."

 

With determination in his eyes, Muyun Qin took a deep breath and stepped out of the hall. The night sky was still filled with dark clouds, but he could sense a subtle change in the atmosphere. The oppressive aura that had loomed over Yingtian City seemed to have dissipated, replaced by a faint glimmer of hope.

 

Muyun Qin leaped into the air, soaring above the city, and started to search for any remaining traces of the Water God's influence. He knew that his task was far from over, and there were still formidable challenges awaiting him.

 

As he flew across the city, Muyun Qin couldn't help but think about his family. Six years had passed since he left home, and he wondered how his parents and younger brother were doing. He had received occasional letters from them, but he hadn't been able to visit due to his travels and encounters with various threats.

 

"I hope they're safe and well," Muyun Qin whispered to himself, his voice carried away by the wind.

 

With renewed determination, Muyun Qin continued his journey, ready to face whatever lay ahead. He knew that the path of a swordsman was filled with trials and sacrifices, but he was prepared to give his all to protect his loved ones and uphold justice in the world.

 

This incident quickly alarmed the senior officials of Yingtian County.

 
0