Chapter 18: The Sheriff’s Visit
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 

It's spring, the sun is just right.

 

Muyun Qin lay on the chair, sipping tea.

 

"Xiao Shuang's fame has soared now, and she has entered the top ten in this selection of courtesans. In seven days, she will board the boat with nine other famous courtesans for the real final competition for courtesans." Muyun Qin shook his head slightly, "It's just her Her fame didn't have enough time to spread slowly, and the people who really wanted her were probably not as good as Fairy Qingqiu and Miss Xiangyi. It was a bit risky to get into the top three, and it was even more difficult to win the title of Oiran."

 

After seven days, the real competition will begin.

 

When the time comes, ten famous prostitutes will compete for beauty on the boat, each using their own tricks, and there will be a huge crowd of onlookers. The top three will be decided that day, as well as the final courtesan. That was a major event in Guangling County!

 

"The star-patterned steel I got last time has been refined, and some of the materials I brought with me can't last more than a few days!" Muyun Qin secretly said, "It seems that I have to buy a lot, and I can't stop practicing my flying sword for a day. , when the natal flying sword is refined, my strength will also increase greatly. "

 

  "Um?"

 

There was a very low vibration coming from the ground, which ordinary people could not detect, but Muyun Qin's sense was so keen that his expression changed slightly: "Many people are coming towards my Qin Mansion?"

 

******

 

On the street.

 

"It's the Sheriff."

 

"Get away quickly, get away quickly."

 

"Stay away."

 

Whether they were common people, ruffians, wealthy businessmen, or even children of wealthy families, everyone quickly moved out of the way, not daring to offend him at all.

 

In Guangling County, the Sheriff is God! Absolute earth emperor!

 

A luxurious carriage was moving slowly, pulled by two horses, and was surrounded by a large group of armored guards, each of whom was extremely powerful. Even if the old demon Chu Yong dares to rush into the governor's personal guards, there will only be one result - being torn into pieces!

 

"Where are you going, Lord Sheriff?"

 

"It's okay that there's only one Qin Mansion around, but the governor has never been to the Qin Mansion before."

 

"You don't know this. The second young master of the Qin family, 'Muyun Qin', is a man among the gods. The Lord Sheriff must be here because of this second young master of the Qin family."

 

"So what if you knock on the gate of immortality? Lord Sheriff, you protect millions of people in one area. Ordinary immortal cultivators would not dare to make any mistakes when facing Lord Sheriff."

 

There were whispers everywhere.

 

……

 

At the entrance of Qin Mansion.

 

Gang Qin, his wife Chang Lan, the eldest son Qin An, and the second son Muyun Qin are already waiting.

 

Mrs. Chang Lan asked doubtfully: "Lie Hu, it has been so many years since we moved to Guangling County, and the county governor has never come to our home. Even if he wanted to see you, he would have sent someone directly to summon you. How could he come in person?"

 

"I'm afraid you're not here to see me, but to see our son." Gang Qin also lowered his voice and said.

 

"Meet Yun'er?" Chang Lan asked, "Yun'er just came back. Why did he come to see Yun'er?"

 

Gang Qin said: "How do I know this? But Yun'er is only twenty-one this year, and it has only been a few years since he opened the Immortal Gate. Logically, he is a dignified county governor and he does not need to pay so much attention to Yun'er. But now that he is here, I am afraid there will be some That’s what I’m asking for. Yun’er, given his status, if he really wants to ask you something, it’s not going to be an easy thing, so he needs to be very cautious.”

 

"My child understands." Muyun Qin nodded.

 

Gang Qin nodded slightly.

 

In his heart, the safety of his son is naturally the most important thing.

 

Muyun Qin looked at it from a distance, and he could tell at a glance that the luxurious carriage was not an ordinary thing, and the carriage had a strange luster that even a strong bow and crossbow could not break open. There were five people beside the carriage, some were old men and some were women, riding horses, and their demeanor was extraordinary. There are hundreds of personal guards following around. Each of these personal guards has divine light inside, and every move has great power.

 

"The Sheriff's Mansion, the Guards." Muyun Qin secretly said, "They say that half of the masters in Guangling County are in the Sheriff's Mansion! Although it is a slight exaggeration, it is somewhat true. That is, when I met the Guards Even if they are killed, they can only run for their lives.”

 

"LuluLulu~~~"

 

The carriage stopped.

 

A middle-aged man got off the carriage first, and then he carefully helped an old man get off the carriage.

 

"Your Majesty, Gang Qin, pays homage to the Governor." Gang Qin immediately saluted respectfully, and his wife and two young masters behind him also saluted. Muyun Qin stood at the back and also saluted.

 

There were hundreds of people around, but everything was quiet.

 

The old man was quite old and had gray hair. He looked at Gang Qin with turbid eyes and said with a smile: "No need to be polite. I came to Mr. Qin's house today because I also want to meet the great hero of our Guangling County. ." He turned to Muyun Qin and smiled.

 

"A great hero?" Gang Qin was a little confused. Although his son was a cultivator, a practitioner could not be considered a great hero.

 

"Master Sheriff, please come in quickly." Gang Qin immediately led the way without thinking too much.

 

A group of people entered the house.

 

Come to the main hall.

 

The old man, the woman and four other masters were guarding outside the hall. The old county guard only brought two people inside, and Gang Qin only brought Muyun Qin into the hall.

 

In the main hall.

 

The old county guard naturally sat in the main seat, Gang Qin and Muyun Qin sat on one side, and the other two middle-aged people sat on the other side.

 

"Let me introduce you." The old county guard pointed to the nearest man in green robe, "This is Brother Fang, who is also the temporary commander of my personal guard."

 

"Commander Fang Da."

 

Gang Qin and Muyun Qin immediately gave up their hands slightly.

 

Gang Qin even said: "Yun'er, Commander Fang Da is the number one expert in our Guangling County, and he is also an expert in the innate virtual core realm."

 

"In front of little brother Muyun Qin, I can't be considered an expert." The man in green robe smiled calmly.

 

"Before I returned to Guangling, I heard that there are two seniors in the Xiantian Void Core Realm in Guangling County. One is Commander Fang and the other is Master Meixia." Muyun Qin said with a smile, "Commander Fang is sitting in Guangling to protect I admire you very much for your safety.”

 

There are only two experts in the entire Guangling County who are at the Innate Void Core Realm, and one of them has defected to the imperial government and served as the commander of the personal guard for the county governor! Throughout the world, the commander of the personal guards of every county and county guard... is almost always held by an expert in the Xiantian Void Core Realm. This shows that the imperial government attaches great importance to the 'prefecture guard'.

 

After all, the imperial court was also worried that the 'prefect' it sent would be attacked and beheaded by monsters.

 

Therefore, the most powerful military force under the command of the county guard is naturally the army in the county. There are more than 10,000 people, strong soldiers and horses, and many powerful weapons. Ranked second is the 'guards' who always protect the governor. Although the number of the guards is only 600, they are absolute elites. The leader is an expert in the innate virtual core realm. . The third in line are the six-door police officers, who maintain the stability of hundreds of thousands of people in the city.

 

"It's too much praise." Commander Fang smiled calmly, "We can't compare with little brother Muyun Qin. Little brother Muyun Qin really protects the safety of countless living beings."

 

"Both of you, stop being so modest." The old county guard pointed to the elegant middle-aged man sitting next to Commander Fang, "This is my son Wen Chong."

 

Both sides greet each other.

 

The governor's son 'Wen Chong' immediately said: "After learning about Brother Muyun Qin, I have always wanted to come and visit you. I only got the chance today. Brother Muyun Qin, I dare to ask what the 'demon trouble' is at the border in the north." What does it look like? I heard it’s extremely scary?”

 

"Northern border?" Gang Qin was surprised.

 

"Why, Mr. Qin doesn't know yet?" the old county guard said with a smile.

 

Gang Qin was confused and turned to look at his son.

 

Muyun Qin was helpless.

 

He didn’t want his parents to worry, so he never said anything.

 

When Wen Chong saw this, he said: "It's me who talks too much."

 

"I have to tell my parents after all." Muyun Qin shook his head and said, "I traveled all over the world and came to the far north, hoping to see the legendary northern border that resists demon disasters. But when I saw the demon disaster, After so many tragic events, I was so angry that I joined the army and stayed there for only three years.”

 

"Three years?" Gang Qin was surprised, "Yun'er, have you stayed at the North Border for three years?"

 

"Places like that are very tragic. There are a lot of casualties every day, and monsters are also dying one after another." The old man in the county guard said, "To be able to stay there for three years is amazing, amazing."

 

Commander Fang on the side said: "According to the records handed down by the imperial court, little brother Muyun Qin has killed quite a few monsters."

 

"We act in the army." Muyun Qin shook his head, "It's about mutual cooperation, not my own strength."

 

"Being able to kill so many and still survive is a skill." Commander Fang said.

 

Muyun Qin was stunned and nodded slightly: "Yes, it is not easy to survive."

 

Those friends.

 

Either to hone oneself, or to accumulate merit, or because of anger. In short, the practitioners come from all over the world, but they all go to the border of the North to resist the evil evil.

 

In three years, more than half of them died in battle! There are also serious injuries, but only 20 to 30% of them actually leave safely. I have stayed for a long time, because of a promise, I stayed for three years before leaving!

 

Scenes from my memory flashed before my eyes.

 

Those smiling faces.

 

The madness between life and death.

 

The figure who died happily and sang loudly.

 

"For cultivators, living in seclusion is cultivation, the world of mortals is cultivation, and being in the military is cultivation." Muyun Qin said.

 

"Haha, Mr. Qin is right. Everywhere is practice. I came here today. Firstly, I want to meet such great heroes as Mr. Qin. Secondly, I have something I want you to help me with, Mr. Qin." said the old county guard.

 

"Here he comes." Gang Qin's heart tightened.

 

"Please speak, Lord Sheriff." Muyun Qin was calm.

 

The old county guard smiled and said: "In the Cangya Mountain, the highest mountain in our Guangling County, there is a spiritual fruit conceived deep in the mountain. The spiritual fruit only has more than a month left to mature. I would like to invite Mr. Qin to come. When the fruit is ripe, go get it for me. Of course, it’s not just you, there are two other people traveling with you. Of course I won’t treat Mr. Qin badly.”

 

Wen Chong on the side immediately took out a thick stack of banknotes from his arms and put them on the coffee table next to Muyun Qin. Muyun Qin glanced and saw that the top one was in denomination of one thousand taels.

 

"A total of one hundred thousand taels." Wen Chong said with a smile.

 

Gang Qin took a breath of cold air.

 

One hundred thousand taels?

 
0