Chapter 6: Goblin Extermination
4.8k 11 95
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We arrived at a stable that was completely devoid of life. I asked the village chief: "Does no one in this village own a horse?" The village chief chuckled before answering.

Village Chief: {No, we do have horses, just that they are located in another stable. We built this stable for the knights, but they never did arrive.}

I wrote: "Why were you waiting for knights?" on the ground before realising it was a trap and tried to erase it. Unfortunately, he had already seen it and an evil grin appeared on his face.

Village Chief: {Well you see, 10 years ago, the goblins in the forest suddenly became intelligent, they started using strategies and fighting techniques which are unheard of. Many adventurers, who made a living by venturing into the forest, lost their lives. We had to close off the forest so that more lives will not be lost, causing even more adventurers, whose main income comes from the forest, to leave the village. The kingdom promised to send us knights to exterminate the goblins, but that was 5 years ago and I doubt they remember this village. And we were so close to being classified as a town too.}

He sighed before continuing,  this time his voice filled with anger.

{The goblins took everything from us! Our family members, our income and our freedom! The worst part is...}

He leaned in closer and whispered. 

{There may even be a Goblin Lord.}

There it is, my mission is to probably kill that Goblin Lord or something.

{However, recently, my scouts have reported a drop in usage of tactics by the goblins. Something may have happened to the Goblin Lord.}

Well, that was unexpected. I wrote on the ground: "How powerful is a Goblin Lord?" 

{A Goblin Lord is not dangerous because of its physical strength, but because of it intellectual prowess. It looks just like a normal goblin, except slightly larger with more accessories.}

Huh? I seem to recall a goblin which matched that description. However, it did not seem smart? Oh well, it was probably a fake or something. There is no way such a smart creature will die to my mindless rampage.

I wrote on the ground: "So, what do you need me to do?"

The village chief smiled before saying: {I need you to transport the Rank D 4 person party, Forest Trekkers, to and from the forest. I also need you to deliver messages. There is still a lot more goblins in the forest than normal. It is still too dangerous for a Rank E or Rank F party.}

Transporting people? Delivering messages? Those sound boring. I would immediately ask to participate in the extermination if not for my suspicion. I decided to accept his proposal. He looked surprised.

{You are not going to ask to participate in the combat or something?}

I knew it. When I was an internet troll, I would use similar techniques as him, such as making a player feel like they are missing out on something good so that they would make decisions more rashly. He would take advantage of me if I asked to participate in the fight itself, maybe by giving me unfavourable conditions or something. I wasn't desperate for the mission, so I played hard to get. We went back and forth until we came to a conclusion where both of us are satisfied. I would transport the Rank D party to the forest, then split up from them to travel to another area. From there, I would exterminate all goblins on sight and harvest their left ears to serve as proof. Every ear gives me 3 copper and every 10 ears give me a bonus of 5 copper. Stronger variants of goblin would give 5 copper each. 

I did not know the value of copper and whether I was being scammed, but asking around after the meeting, it turns out that that was the standard reward. I also found out that 10 copper is 1 bronze, 100 bronze is 1 silver and 100 silver is 1 gold. 4 bronze is the daily wage of a commoner while a meal usually cost 3 to 4 copper.

And so, the purge began. For an entire month, I would transport the Rank D party to the forest in the morning, usually taking around 20 minutes, before entering the forest at another point and going ham on the goblins. Due to the stealth skill, I no longer had to drive around and could rain destruction from above. Of course, I didn't forget to collect their ears. I even bought an inventory for 10 Heli Points for it. The capacity isn't unlimited but very large, and it is only at Level 1. Time does not move in it too, so I can store food item indefinitely.

I was dissapointed when I could not find the Goblin Lord. I was pretty hyped up too, did something really happen to him? I also noticed the drop in intelligence of the goblins. I couldn't believe that they are the same species that lifted a log into a tree and dropped it on me. It wasn't a good memory, but it taught me not to underestimate my enemy. 

I also tested new methods of attacking. I bought 《Increased Projectile Damage》, increasing the damage of both my bombs and bullets. I also tried both infusing magic into my weapons and firing off magic alone. I found that the former was a lot more cost-efficient in terms of damage to mana. 

Infusing different type of magic into the bullets produced different results. Fire Magic infused bullet causes the bullet to burst into flame on impact. Earth Magic infused bullet causes the bullet to burst into shrapnel on impact. Wind Magic infused bullet causes the bullet be boosted by the wind, which increases both penetration and speed of the bullet. Water Magic infused bullet creates a coating of water around the bullet, reducing the impact. The winner is Wind Magic infused bullet if you ask me.

Fire Magic infused bomb creates basically napalm. Water Magic infused bomb, as you already know, creates a wave. Earth Magic infused bomb creates an earthquake with rock spikes erratically jutting out of the ground in a small area while Wind Magic infused bomb creates a shock wave. The winner for bombs is Fire Magic.

Of course, not all of my time is spent on work or training. During the evening, I would interact with the villagers. I became a lot closer with them, especially Kira and the armoured man, whose name was John. We were playing cards, because that is what you play with a helicopter.

Kira: {HA! LUCK IS TRULY ON THE SAME SIDE AS ME, KIRA! STRAIGHT FLUSH!}

John: {Uno.}

Kira: {Im-Impossible!}

While those two were fighting, I managed to summon my blue eyes white dragon and win the match.

Kira: {Hel, are you sure you didn't rig the cards?}

Hel: {Of course not.}

That's right. I introduced myself as Hel, based on the Norse Goddess of Death and totally not because I was uncreative and plucked the first three letters of helicopter. I also bought a speaker for 10 WHOLE Heli points, isn't that too expensive? Besides that, I could now speak and play Flight of the Valkyrie while killing Goblins.

Halfway through, I realised I felt a lot more happy than when I was a troll.

(This is a nice change.)

I felt I was doing something useful everyday, unlike in my previous life. I still missed everyone in my previous life, but this life isn't so bad.

(Wait, what is my goal again?)

I thought about it for awhile, but was soon distracted by Kira pulling John's hair because he sent her cards to the shadow realm for the 20th time. They would make a great couple in my opinion. I chuckled internally. Yeah, this life isn't so bad afterall. I wondered how much stronger I got after I reincarnated here. I opened my status.

(Open Status)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Name: R-6 Hoverfly II (Level 1> Level 17) Experience:113/360

Type: Intelligent, Evolving Weapon/ Golem
Hp: 1420/1420 (+2) (+420, 1 Heli Point, Level 1> Level 17)
Mp: 360/360 (+80, Level 1> Level 17)

Attack Power: 174             

Magic Power: 70                          

Agility: 176

Defence: 79                        

Charisma: ∞

Weaponry: M1918 Browning Automatic Rifle (LMG) (+1), M1918 Browning Automatic Rifle (LMG) (+1)
Ammunition: 80/80 (630 in storage)
Heli Points: 11 points
Skills: Flight Lvl 8 (Leveled up!), Accuracy Level 8 (Leveled up!), Hook Lvl 7 (Leveled up!), Physical Enhancement Lvl 4 (Leveled up!), Driving Lvl 2, Rest Lvl 3, Presence Detection Lvl 6 (Leveled up!), Stealth Lvl 6 (Leveled up!), Third Person View, Increased MP Recovery Lvl 7 (Leveled up!), Bomb Rack Lvl 3 (4 Normal 100 lb bomb, 2 Water 100 lb bomb, 600 lb/800 lb) (Leveled up!), Mental Fortitude Lvl 2 (Leveled up!), Magic Manipulation Lvl 2 (New!), Language Knowledge (New!), Increased Projectile Damage Lvl 3 (New!), Inventory Lvl 1 (New!), Flash Lvl 1 (New!), Appraisal Lvl 3 (New!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I decided to live my second life to the fullest, being a useful person and making friends. It may seem childish but that is my goal.

[Meanwhile in Heaven...]

God: [ WHAT IS HE DOING?!]

The angel kneeling in front of him trembled in fear before answering.

Angel: [He is living in a village milord. He seems to be helping them.]

God: [DID HE FORGET HIS MISSION?! HE IS SUPPOSE TO KILL THE DEMON LORD AND SPREAD THE GREATNESS OF ATTACK HELICOPTERS!]

Angel: [Milord! Please! You are tearing heaven apart with your addiction!]

God: [SEND HIM A MESSAGE! REMIND HIM OF HIS MISSION!]

The angel remained silent for awhile, before standing up abruptly.

Angel: [At once milord!]

God is all-seeing, and the problem with being all-seeing is that there is a lot of details to notice. Thus, he does not notice the small details, and one small detail he did not notice was the smile the angel made while walking away.

[ A/N: Next Chapter will be action packed.]

95