Chapter 38 Gave her a hand
701 1 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Sorry about that. I was sort of out of it after healing you. Sorry I couldn’t do more... Almost blacked out from the mental strain just getting you back to life.” Aunt May was extra polite. “Ah don’t even mention it. You want me to keep you killing that guy a secret? I’m looking straight up at the sky I assume you did something with his body.” Oh fuck yea she'd hear that.

 

“Yea dumped it into the park nearby for now so I can go back and loot him. You keeping it a secret is probably for the best. Pete gets a little weirded out around dead people.” She smiled at me and asked. “Oh you know Peter then?” I kind of scratched the back of my head with the gun. “Well I’m one of the 100 so I’ve read about him a bunch. Your husband dying is normally a huge thing in his story and normally another person dying also messed him up for a while.”

 

She was silent as Batman and Spoiler came running over. He looked at my arm and I just noticed. “Dang it! I got blood all over my new cape. Hey Batman can you call the hospital for an injured person. I kind of forgot until now to do that.” He threw his batarang at me. “OW! Motherfucker! Really? There’s easier ways to see if I’m fake. You couldn’t have Stephanie ask me a question? Dick…”

 

So that meant he did fight Mysterio. “Mysterio ran away.” I try to point with my missing hand. “Well this is going to be annoying. I meant it that way. I don’t think you can catch him though. How’d the rest of that turn out?” 

 

“We have one injured and one dead on their side. Spiderman managed to stop the injured one from dying but Joker turned sides and shot the Scorpion who was injured and taken out very early in the fight.”

 

Well I was kind of glad to be honest. That was one of Spiderman’s lamer villains. I think this version also stole the suit and was a petty crook up until that point. I wouldn’t have gotten much if anything from siphoning him. A real ambulance siren went off as I now remembered another thing that seemed weird about the whole fake ambulance.

 

Spiderman showed up just as they did and helped load his Aunt into the back. He looked at me again and I handed him my card before they left. I asked Stephanie. “Hey can I get A HAND making my way back home?”

 

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

Stephanie’s insides were churning as she helped free civilians from falling wreckage. “He just cut off his hand. His freaking hand!” She whisper yelled to herself having a hard time not vomiting. This might be the first time she was glad that there was an emergency to deal with so she could unpack this later.

 

Her emotions shifted and she stood still just thinking as Batman landed in front of her. “Robin! What’s wrong?” He reaches for her and shakes her out of her emotional turmoil. One word spoken. “Danny. He ran up to a dead woman and chopped his hand off. It-it doesn’t make any sense!”

 

They finish fighting and head over to where she said the body was. It didn’t make sense to batman. His detective eye noticed several oddities like a decent sized pool of blood with no body near the two. The man who looked unarmed but with the tenseness of someone ready to attack at a moment's notice. He also noticed the missing hand was healed over and the previously dead woman was alive and talking.

 

No, this man was dangerous. He kept killing villains at an abnormal rate compared to other heroes and especially compared to the 100. Almost any who fought against heroes or villains somehow lost even if it was a surprise attack. To kill three in such a short time, he tied the death of Sandman to him, was something that couldn’t be ignored.

 

He gave Batman and Stephanie a goofy grin as he asked. “Hey can I get A HAND making my way back home?” Batman almost chuckled at his morose humor but just shook his head instead. He needed to at the very least learn more about him. What exactly were his powers?

 

Stephanie left with Dan and they made their way home. About halfway there Danny passed out from built up fatigue and blood loss.

35