Silver 06
131 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Silverstone – Pokemon Ranch

Silver 06

By: BigToFu

Anthony Silverstone

Standing on the cliffs edge, I checked the poke-radar as I confirmed the flock of Pidgey and their evolved forms fly by. As I sat on my Rapidash's back, we enjoyed the sight before us for a bit. Various Pokemon flew about as they went along to live their daily lives. This world would never stop amazing me as I took it all in. I had so many plans and ideas but I had a ranch to run. With my visit to the orphanage, I was going to have to play the long game.

I wouldn't say that everyone knew Professor Oak, but it was damn near close. With the establishment of the global network the world wasn't as closed off as it was in the games or anime but important information wasn't shared. The pokedex easily went up to a thousand and would continue to raise but certain connections just wasn't there. Everyone knew Pokemon evolutions but the way they went about it wasn't publicly known.

That was also clearly a lie since the Jenny clan had access to Arcanines or the Joy clan and their Chansey. If the Pokemon didn't evolve naturally, the public didn't know how to perform the actions themselves. Even the Eeveelutions had certain stone limitations with the secret of Umbreon, Espeon and the others. A lot of that information was in my head and I had plans to capitalize on it all. Especially since the web wasn't as prolific as it should really be.

This was where I was going to make my money.

It was clear that the world was massively connected but people were falling back on that old Japanese style of thinking and keeping the real information within the clans. From an outsider's perspective looking in, it was clear that there was a line between the peasants and the nobles. Just being here I was going to smash that fucking divide apart. My orphan kids were going to lead the way and I was all for it.

The moment passed as the wind came and blew through my location on the cliffside. Once the moment passed, I had us backtrack a thousand feet from the edge of the cliff. Once I was happy with the spot, it was now time to set things up. Hopping off Prince and leaving him to graze at the side, I went into the side satchel pulled out my capsule pack. At a quick glance, I found a spot, and tossed my tool kit capsule to the side, and smiled as it popped open. Giving my tools a once over, I then gave a firm nod of the head as I gave the impact drill a test and found that the batteries I packed were all charged and things were working properly.

After that, I then went about testing my other power tools before finding that nothing changed from my inspection of them yesterday. With everything confirmed, I ran a hand across my belt activating my pokeballs. With a flash of light, two Machoke, two Ryhorns, Milotic, Charizard, Porygon, and my Pidgeot appeared. A whistle brought Nova back to my side as the rest of my team all looked around.

I gave them a moment to take in our location before I brought my hand together in a clap that gave me all of their attention.

"Alright, team. We are going to clear this area to put down a base station." Various callouts rang around the area, and they all acknowledged my message. Ace, I want you to work with Nova to keep the locals away from our work area."

Nova barked before taking off at a run that clearly broke the sound barrier. Shaking my head at their enthusiasm, I got to work as I marked out ten by twenty feet for a homebase. Then marked out a fifty-by-fifty area as gap space. I cleared out the area with the help of the Machoke's as they pushed down trees for me, then had the Ryhorns help dig up the roots before flatting the lands. Honestly, brute force Pokemon were amazing to have as utility workers instead of lugging all the gear up here to work the lands.

Once the land was flattened, I had Milotic provide water for the quick-crete as I mixed enough to pour the ten by twenty slab. It all took a few hours from start to finish, but I was happy when noon came around and I had a foot of slab ready and waiting. With the base finished, I went about clearing out checking on the work I had given Champ. I was happy to have found him doing a controlled burn over a pick of ash as he burned down the rest of the stumps and trunks that were pushed down and placed before him.

Happy with his training progress, I went over to my workstation and gathered capsules along with lifting harnesses. The first capsule went on the base slab, Bulma had made this one special as I watched it float around to find the best spot to settle down. Once it found the center of the slab, I watched as it rotated a bit before exploding into smoke as it expanded outwards.

On the slab appeared a two-story house with an attached garage because Bulma didn't do things by half. A quick inspection found me at the back of the base house as I stood before the attachment points for the radio tower that would also be working as a radar station.

The tower came in three parts with the base being the largest, yet the Machoke made short work of setting it up. I then had Champ stop his work of Blast Burning the trunks and stumps so I could strap on the harness and have him lift the other parts into place. Time went quickly but it still took me another hour to connect the radio tower and radar station inside the base.

"Alright, Pixel it's your time to shine," I told my little Pokemon as he jumped into the computer's cyber space. I watched as a loading bar appeared on screen as Pixel went about his work. Now that I gave things a thought, it would take a few days, but eventually I would have four more base stations across my ranch which would provide full coverage.

This would also be a nice little thing I could sell the Rangers, each one of these could easily be worth a quarter million a pop. We didn't really think about it much but Capsule Corp had to be a multi-trillion dollar company back in the Dragon Ball world.

I was pulled from my thoughts as the loading screen flashed a few times before changing to that of a desktop. Then the programs that contained the radar control systems activated, then the radio systems. Happy with what I was seeing, I left the base station as I went out the front and paused in the doorway as the scene took my breath away. The sun was low in the sky and was casting a nice light across the valley below that stretched as far as the eyes could see.

Taking the hint for what it was, I snapped out another pokeball, then smiled at my Gardevoir as she trilled a happy greeting. Smiling at her, I gave a hug then a kiss on her forehead as I pulled her close. "I need you to go get Bulma for me Rosie."

In reply, my Pokemon trilled a happy little sound as she placed a kiss on my cheek before vanishing with a teleport. While Rosie went to get Bulma, I already had the drill out and was preparing the meat that would go on the grill. There were of course a few dogs, a couple steaks and two racks of ribs.

With a wave of the hand, I called Champ over and had him start on the cherry wood I had prepared for the flames. Then while he got that ready, I prepped the meats with a basic glaze to keep the salt and pepper in check.

Rosie came back with Bulma as I opened the grill's top so I could layer the meat across its surface.

"Call her off Anthony." Bulma pouted as Rosie pushed and pushed until Bulma fell into one of the open seats.

Instead of commanding my Pokemon, I gave a light snort, "It's about time you stop being cooped up in that lab of yours, don't you see the days gone pass you already?" I questioned as I made motion towards the sinking sun.

"Ohh," Bulma replied with a look on her face that made me chuckle. "So what's for dinner?"

I shook my head at her Bulma'ness, "I'm making us some BBQ to enjoy with some greens on the side." I replied with an off-hand wave while I did the first glaze of sauce.

"Well, I got this Chimecho soundwave I want to install on the drone systems." Bulma muttered as she walked into the station house.

I almost drew a blank on the Pokemon because it sounded so familiar, then I heard the sound Bulma was producing from the house. "That's the bell Pokemon right? How'd you get your hands on that sound?"

"It's the Wind chime Pokemon and I got it from one of those Pokemon Ranger websites. Some guy was going on and on about how he was able to keep the wild Pokemon at bay with his partners." Bulma called back as one of the drones flew upwards from the access bay. Around me my Pokemon shifted as they all turned to look at the drone with various forms of annoyance.

Yeah, that's not going to work, "Hey Bulma, shut it down for now."

"What, why" Bulma called as she came out the station house with a control unit in her hands.

"Take a look," I stated as I half turned towards her.

Bulma stopped in the door frame as she noticed the more aggressive stance of my Pokemon. "Ohh." Then her emotions did a flip of 180. "That bastard lied to me."

"Ohh damn, you didn't pay for it did you?" I asked really hoping for a no.

Bulma did a tsk, "Of course I did, I'm not some cheapskate you know."

Well, there goes my hope for that.

"Alright, well, shut it off for now because it's causing the Pokemon to be very aggressive," I said, moving around us. We can either go catch a Chimecho or we can just let nature take its course. Pokemon are rather smart, and I'm sure they will learn to avoid a certain area for us."

"Tsk, fine." Bulma pouted at me, "I'm going to get my money back from that bastard if it's the last thing I do."

After flipping the meat, I turned back towards her, "Well, that will be a lot easier once you start to battle. Have you figured out the type of trainer you want to be?"

Bulma never looked up from her control tablet, "Well, I noticed your Pixel and was wondering if I could use one to be a data battler."

Okay, maybe I wasn't expecting that but I should have known better since Rotom was a Pokemon.

Closing the grill, I almost put the tongs to my chin as I had a thought. "We can get you a Rotom, they are electric ghost types that can combine with electronics. So maybe if you build it a little robot battle body?"

There was a pause of sound and I looked over to find Bulma stare daggers at me, "There was such a thing and you didn't get me one?"

I snorted at this, "I didn't know if you wanted to fight your own battles, you didn't back home."

Bulma did a tch as she went back to the tablet, from where I stood, I could see that she had opened the international pokedex.

With a roll of the eyes, I clacked the tongs twice to get her attention, "Check Sinnoh, should be somewhere in the high 400s to early 500s."

"Thanks," Was the quiet whisper Bulma, I gave her a nod as I went back to grilling. With a smile, I flicked out a few of the meats off the grill for my Pokemon to snack on. Ace was the first to react as he blitzed overhead and snatched one of the steaks out of the air.

Before the rest could get far, Rosie stopped everything with a little application of telekinesis as she then floated the food towards recipients. With everything looking good on the grill, I pulled out the flour tortillas and heated them up with a dash of butter across the surface.

BZZT! BZZT!

With a hum, I reached for my phone and checked the messages to find that Oak had gotten back to me about my request to his Pokemon server. It was honestly strange being in a work where Oak wasn't the prominent world renown Pokemon professor, but from what I could tell, there were a lot of big families along with Clans, and if the lore from the games was correct, Oak had somehow gotten his hands on the Blackthorn course, they hated him for it, but that didn't stop him from being Champion though and uniting the two states. Although, if you looked, you can see a lot of the work they did to suppress him and his ideals.

Oak was far too much of a live and let live type of guy to just duke it out with them. I could see that in how he gave a lot of ground but fought back when they pushed too far. Now, though, he was known as a humble Pokemon professor with nothing big to his name. I was going to change all of that because a professor who logged everything that happens on my ranch would make my work legitimate.

There was also the fact that it was a nice little fuck you to Blackthorn and Lance once he becomes champion at the end of the year. I had noticed that posters were everywhere for the Elite Four challenge at the end of the current circuit when I went into town a few times. Lance was going to challenge to be Champion and if this was anything like the games then he would make it and take over.

I answered the call with a punch 'Hello, Anthony Silverstone speaking' as I turned the grill off and left the meats to cook a little longer as they sat in the heat.

"Ahh yes, this is Professor Oak returning a call?" The jovial voice on the other end asked and I could hear the force of spirit behind his words.

My face went up in a smile as I continued to talk. "Thanks for getting back to me, Professor. I actually wanted to talk with you about a deal. Word on the grapevine is that you are part of the Pokedex research."

There was a beat of silence on the other end of the line, "I'm the one who set up the blasted research department. You know what, never mind, what is it you want?"

With a roll of my eyes, I cast my pitch, "I run my family's Silverstone ranch and I have an Engineer that has created a device that gives real-time data on Pokemon. Combine that with some of the breeding programs I plan to run, and I'm a little over my head. I need a full time Pokemon Professor."

"And you want to hire me. Look kid, I appreciate the offer, but…"

I huffed at him and cut the man off, "But nothing, the Blackthorn doesn't scare me."

The other side of the call huffed out frustration. "Alright, send me the details and give me a few days to go over everything."

Before I could say a thing to Oak, the link clicked as it closed as the man hung up on me. I stared at the phone for a bit as a smile slowly spread across my face. Yeah, the man sounded far rougher than he was in the show, but he was still one of this world's foremost minds when it comes to pokemon. The only difference is that this wasn't a kids show and the Blackthorn had both soft and hard power which they used to push him down once he was no longer Champion.

It was strange to know that one of the more powerful person on this continent didn't just throw his power around. I could get behind the idea since he was moving more like a man who just wanted to leave it all behind and garden all day, but people keep bothering him.

If things keep going the way it's going, Blackthorn is going to screw themselves over because they were morons who couldn't just leave well enough alone.

"So who was that?" Bulma asked from where she was leaning back in a lounge chair.

Turning, I sent her a smile, "That was Oak, if I'm lucky, we might get a full-time Pokemon Professor, hopefully at least."

"Is this the same Oak you've been going on and on about?" Bulma asked as she stopped typing on her touchpad.

"Yes," I replied with excitement like a kid who was about to meet his all time favorite movie star. "Oak is world renown in my world, but it looks like he's had a few setbacks here."

"He's not going to be here at the same time as the Rangers is he?" Bulma asked as she went back to working and I prepared us both a plate.

"Hmm, no, I think I want to keep them separate for now." I replied as I glazed some ribs with extra BBQ sauce. "I'll give him the data the scouters collect, for now let's not mix everything up."

"Good to know, because I just finished calibrating the tower and linking it to homebase." Bulma stated with a smile and her hands going into the V sign.

I couldn't stop myself from rushing over and lifting Bulma up, "I knew picking you was the best decision ever."

Bulma threw her hands around my neck as she laughed a nice throaty laugh before pulling me in for a kiss which lasted more than two Mississippi. When our lips parted and I sat down, Bulma went right onto my lap as we shared the moment.

We shared another two brief kisses before I got up and then placed her into a seat. We might as well enjoy the moment with some classic home style BBQ.


I brought my hands together in a clap to gain all the kids attention. It had been a few days so far and the Matron Mei Mei had sorted through the ones that wanted to go on their journeys and the ones that wanted regular school and normal 9-5 type life.

So here I was another sunny day on my farm as I stood before twelve kids all ranging from the ages ten to fifteen.

"Alright, listen up, it's time for basic safety rules," I spoke nice and loud so that my voice could travel to all parts of the ranch. "Pokemon shall be treated with respect at all times. Yes, they might look cute and cuddly but they can also be very dangerous to those they do not enjoy the company of. So there will be no kicking Magicarp on my Ranch. No throwing stones at Ratata, and no going into the woods without a battle buddy and x-transceiver." I finished as I finally stopped my walking to be in front of a table.

On the side table, were twelve pokemon trainer belts each with a full set of six pokeballs. This really caught the kids attention as they zeroed in on what was clearly going to be theirs. I then tapped the table and the hologram of the pokeballs vanished. A few of the brats grumbled at this.

"If you can make it the three months, you will get a full six balls from me and a sponsorship. For now, grab a belt and try it on." I stated before moving out of the way. Some of the smaller kids dashed forward with excitement in their eyes, the others looked to the side at Orihime. She gave the kids that kind smile of hers along with a shooing gesture.

This was what the rest of the kids were waiting for as they also went to the table for their own trainer belt.

The belts were state of the art as it had magnetic tabs that could be shifted from right hand to left. Then there was also the quick-release buckle along with spots for a climber's harness to connect. There were various other belts, but I wanted an advanced belt that started simple before ramping up. I already could tell from watching the kids that some were high-speed while a few were a little slower on the draw. They were all good kids though, so I would do my best to do my part.

"Alright, now that you have a belt, you are all rookies under the Silverstone banner. Work together, train together and there is nothing you can't do, now follow me." I spoke as I smiled at their giddy excitement.

The kids didn't wait for anything this time as they followed behind like little ducklings. It took a bit but we stopped in front of the Ponyta area and instantly the girls were at the fence with stars in their eyes.

"Are you going to give us a Ponyta Mr. Silverstone?" Young Brittney asked.

I snorted at that, "You have 3 months to earn one." I replied as I waved the rest of the kids to stand at the fence. Then with one arm on the top, I hopped over.

"Alright, for today, I'm going to demonstrate how you deal with a quadruped Pokemon that's also a fire type. Can anyone tell me why such knowledge is important?"

A hand shot into the air. "What's a quadra quadra?"

"Quadruped," Another one of the kids said to help the younger one with the word.

I gave it a thought, then blew a whistle into the air. It was two short sounds with a long tone which had my Charizard roar from the distance.

The kids gave a bunch of sounds that made it clear they were in awe of Champ and the show off landed like a superhero in a three-point stance. He reared back, roared and unleashed the flame thrower I have had him train ever since we arrived. The flamethrower was near white and you could feel the heat easily from where I was standing. The brats knew no fear as they cheered my Pokemon onwards for another show.

Yeah, I would need to step in, "Alright, alright, that's enough out of the lot of you."

The kids were rowdy now, "Ohh my gosh, did you see that move."

"Charizard was like boom, pow, roar."

More and more chatter picked up and I glared at Champ who had his hands on his hip, the proud glint in his eyes with chest puffed up.

Rolling my eyes at his antics, I circulated a little bit of my aura shifting some into earth before raising my foot and bringing it down in a stomp. "ENOUGH," I spoke with a stomp that shook the local area with an earthquake. "If you can't pay attention to this lesson then you won't be able to care for any of the Pokemon."

This caught the kids attention as they all realized that I wasn't going to start until they settled down.

"Good, now about that Quadruped question that was asked earlier," I said with a small smile before waving between my Charizard and one of the Ponyta's. "A quadruped Pokemon moves on all fours whereas a biped Pokemon moves on two legs, but some even have arms, but that's a lesson for later. For now, let's focus on the importance of the legs and how to be aware of how they operate, because then you can also gauge the limits of your opponent's Pokemon among various other things."

I then did an idle wave before having the Pokemon approach the kids. I launched into a lesson on being aware of footing, stability, terrain, and a few other things. The goal, though, was to keep things nice and short so the kids could digest what they were hearing and be able to use it later.

By the end of the little lesson, the other Ponyta had also wandered over, and the kids were basically vibrating to get in and deal with the Pokemon. I stood to the side as the Ponyta nudged some of the kids with their noses as they mingled about.

With the kids preoccupied, I went to the little side table and pulled out the next set of tools. I placed a couple of short hair brushes, then I changed my mind and separated them out. There was no point in giving the kids this type of test on their first day. Then I placed a few Pokemon rub-down towels. There were the ones for grass, water, ground, and rock types, which also worked for steel and fire types.

I pulled out a little note pad and decided to write down the names of the kids who checked. It was always good to know who had a good head on their shoulders for these types of things.

I brought my hands together in a clap that caught everyone's attention. "Alright, pair up into twos and grab a brush or towel," I called as I moved to the side and left a small tower of sugar cubes.

A few of the kids paired up while the others were still interacting with the docile Pokemon.

"Excuse Mr Silverstone," one of the younger girls paired with an older one asked. From the look of her, the kid had to be twelve, the older brother had to be fifteen or something, far too easy to tell the family connection with that green hair of theirs along with facial features.

"Yes… Ivy right?" I asked and answered her at the same time while also writing down the names of those who took the wrong towel.

"Yes," Ivy replied, smiling at me. "Can I please have a few of the sugar cubes?"

I smiled down at her and made a motion towards the tower of sugar. "Of course, the limit is three." Then watched as her eyes sparkled as she ran off with her prize. Some of the other kids watched this and came over for their own three cubes of sugar.

The Ponyta was more than delighted with this development as they allowed the kids to brush them or give them a rub down. While this was happening, I went around and showed a few that they would brush in one direction along with the flow of hair and not scrub at the light fur.

It took a bit, and some of the kids freaked out when the brush they used started to melt. I was already hovering around so when the brush didn't last I was already there with the proper bush.

"So what did we just learn?" I asked the two kids as they shuffled from side to side. The ponyta they were working with got disgruntled since they didn't give him the last sugar cube. The ponyta nipped at the kids hands as they tried to stand brave before me.

Looking at them, I raised a brow as I made a motion with the burnt brush. "What did you learn?" I asked while keeping my expression even and voice calm.

The two ten year olds shared a look and it was clear they had no clue as of yet. Turning the brush over, I showed them the element brand on its surface.

"Always check to make sure it's compatible with your Pokemon typing," I told the kids and then held the brush above my head so I could demonstrate this for the others.

A few of the kids got wide eyes as they checked their own towels and brushes before running back to the table to swap things out. I gave them a nod, happy that they could locate their mistakes and correct them.

"Now, can anyone tell me why we are using occa berry oils?" I asked the kids as I showed a few how to care for the hooves and check for issues.

A hand shot up.

I pointed at the kid with glasses. "Yes, Sammy?"

"Occa berry is known to cause half fire damage, but the oils create a moisture barrier on skins to reduce drying out in harsh climates," Sammy said before taking a breath and continuing. "This is widely known in the desert areas, or along the beach front as swimmers…."

I had to cut the kid off.

"That's correct, all types of Pokemon have unique care routines, for fire types you not only need to make sure their fire doesn't go out, but also take care of their skin. With you being on the move and no longer in the pokemon's natural habitat, you will have to replace some of the things they can find naturally in the wild." I stated as I then held the oiled rag and brush over my head.

"If you decide to be a type specialist, you will only need to worry about a set of limited care routines, but for those who are looking to be generalist, this is where you start."

*Beep*

*Beep*

Pulling out my phone, I checked the notification as I got a ping from the radar sensor array. From what I could see on the phone, there was a flyer fast approaching. The tracing mark of the fast approacher did a spiraling arc around the ranch and I had to check my phone over to see if I made a note to self about someone visiting.

A shadow flew overhead as I heard a whoop of joy.

"Look out belllloooooowwwww!" A great big shout came from all over our heads.

I was already moving as I placed two fingers to my lips and blew a tune. With a hard point, I directed Champ upwards. "CATCH!" I barked at him, as his wings flapped and pushed some of the kids back.

The kids that were rubbing his leathery skin made way as Champ gave his wings a second hard flap. He raised off the ground like a shot, but the person above us was already doing a flip and then put his hand upwards.

My eyes narrowed as a massive Pidgeot swooped downwards and caught the ring the trainer held over his head. There was an instant stall in speed as the trainer then lightly touched down, impressive.

As I took in the look of him, I could admit that he was massive. I stood at 6'2, but this guy had a couple of inches on me, not just in height but width. Golden blonde hair, bight blue eyes, and muscles that matched my own. The guy felt as if I was looking at a giant golden retriever; he wore a bomber jacket over ranger pants, and I couldn't be mad at that. I then watched as his Pokemon did a tuck and roll before landing behind its trainer with barely a ruffle of feathers.

"Well, met sir, my name is Siegfried and I would greatly appreciate it if you could kindly point me towards the owner of these lands." The newly named Siegfried requested with a bright and sunny smile.

Chuckling at the sight before me, I made a motion towards the fence line. Champ gave a huff and went back to being pampered by the kids, but I still made sure that they all knew not to stick their hands into the mouths of fire types. Once that was said, I med Siegfried by the fence post.

"So, who are you and why are you looking for the owner?" I questioned as I placed things easy.

Siegfried smiled at me, "Ohh, I am known far and wide as Thor the Thunderer!" He exclaimed as he did a little chest puff. One of his Pokeballs popped open as a variant Raichu and Electabuzz came out and did a little jizz. They even buzzed a little with electricity. Hands-on hips with not a care in the world. "I am in need of a job my friend, I had hopes of working here after discovering the posting online."

"Huh, well, how about this? Help me with these kids, and I'll put in a good word when the old man gets out of the house, deal?" I asked as I offered a hand to shake.

With a bright smile and not a hint of deception, he grabbed my hand for a shake. "Deal."

Author Note's :::

I hope you guys enjoy the Pokemon interaction with the kids and the new team members. I also settled on a few Pokemon for the ranch as the big overseers: Lucario Clan, Dragonite brood, and Budew. That means two with triple evolution and one mega evolution chance. Then there will be the Ponyta and various other Pokemon.

6