Chapter 16 : Soul Severance Technique
1.1k 14 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am Sorry for late upload,I am pretty busy right now with part time job,so I have little time to write, I hope you all can forgive me

After that shocking situation, Xi Hong helped me get back to my room. My leg was weak after dealing with that boy, Shu Jue.

Upon arriving at my room, I immediately meditated and closed my eyes to process what had happened earlier.

Looking back at it, it really felt like a protagonist's plot. I mean, how come someone so weak suddenly got a power boost like that? I know this is a cultivation world, but everyone else still needs a process to obtain such power.

Is this what it feels like to come out of a rabbit hole only to enter a tiger's den? 

The only difference now is that I am not a villainous fiancé but a heroine instead.

I know that in the cultivation world, there are cases where many protagonists are born in the same world, but me helping him literally lured a tiger down its mountain.

The situation really matches the manga I read; I failed to notice that. Now that I think about it, he also has a very unique hair—his hair is crimson red, unlike any other person.

The people in this world have very diverse hair colors; even Xi Hong has red hair. I was too focused on helping that poor boy who was about to die. And guess what? He didn't even say thanks and just left like nothing ever happened. If he were bald and had two blades in his arms, it would be perfect. I bet he had grudge with his father, Even the personalities between the two are same.

I really need to be more cautious in the future. Just handling two guys made me psychologically tired.

But what do I do now that I have become entangled with him? Can I just ignore him? It's not like he is my friend anyway, so I don't feel too bad.

Let's just ignore him when we meet next time.

It's not like I will fall for him anyway. I am still completely normal, but now that I think about it, my attraction to girls' beauty has decreased over time. Looking at their bust doesn't excite me like it did in the past.

I still want to feel them in my hand though.

Maybe it's because I have one myself, I just adapted to it. Even at my age, I have a considerable size myself. I don't know why, but it's the thing I can feel superior about compared to Xi Hong.

After sorting my thoughts, I opened my eyes and opened my monthly resources, took out their contents, and sorted them to make them easy to access.

it's really little. It's not the amount an inner disciple get for their supplies. I know this from the manga I read in the past, even for a lower-ranked sect, it's not this little.  this is a high-tier sect, famous for nurturing talented disciples. Is perhaps Xi Hong squandering all the resources for herself? But the Xi Hong I know is not like that. Even though she's annoying, she's honest about everything, or maybe this is the amount an inner disciple usually gets. I don't have any friends to compare it with, so I don't know.

After sorting it all, I absorbed it into my spiritual rings, then sighed.

Even though I have these expensive rings, there is not a single spirit stone that I brought.

It's so wasteful. I feel pretty stupid for always having my servant pay for everything. Now that the servant forgot to bring them, I'm the one who suffers.

I then took out the book I got from the library.

Soul Severance Technique

Even from its name, I know it's a technique that cultivates the soul of its practitioners.

From what I know, every technique that includes a soul will have a risk of hurting its practitioner's soul, and the soul is the very proof of existence of a being and can be considered "life."

Looking back at it, my uncle also said that this technique would be very painful, which is why no one ever mastered it.

But I care little about that. No pain, no gain, right?

After reviewing the book, I knew what I had to do. I must go inside my own spiritual roots at a specific location; there, I sensed something—it looked like a big transparent ball.

Is this my soul? Really? It's pretty cliché.

I thought it would be my male self, or at least something resembling a human.

Discarding my thoughts, I continued. After locating the soul location, what I had to do now was make a copy of myself by severing my own soul into the desired pieces.

Here it comes.

I knew it would be painful, but I couldn't back down now. I strengthened my mind and motioned my imaginary hand to slash my soul.

*Slash*

The expected pain did not come.

Hmm, why so?

I thought it would be so painful; it could compare to my mom beating me, but I clearly sensed two transparent balls in front of me; it's proof that I successfully severed it. One was big, and the other was tiny.

Maybe it's just not painful at all, and every other story I read was just bullshit?

Or maybe it's because of that god. I remember that God told me it had strengthened my soul. But how did my mom hurt me so much without any physical injury? Is that stick perhaps a divine weapon capable of tearing any defense? I shudder at the thought and pledge never to anger my mom ever again.

Anyway, this is a good thing for me, hehe, I am so lucky.

Knowing it's not painful at all, I continued to slash it until I had six pieces of it, and my once big transparent ball had decreased to the size of a normal adult human; the other pieces were slightly smaller than my main soul. But when I wanted to sever my soul again, I felt an unprecedented terror weighing on my mind. I felt like if I severed my soul again, my identity would be forever lost. So I abstained from doing so and was content with just six pieces of soul.

Now, what I needed to do was shape them so the soul could be assembled into one entity. I shaped them like Lego, with my main soul in the middle and the six pieces of soul surrounding it.

After that, I needed to give each soul my entire memory, so they could think like me. But I needed to lock some of their memories so I could differentiate between the real me and the others. I also made their personalities a bit different from mine: one was lazy, one was ambitious, one was spirited, one was investigative, one was sociable, and one was realistic.

This process took a few weeks to shape all of them and give them all my memories. After all of that was done, I got out of my spiritual roots and back to the real world.

When I opened my eyes, I felt like I could sense many different thoughts in my mind.

All of them were me, and I was all of them, but there is a difference,It's really a weird feeling really

The difference is, I can take control however I want, and I am the most dominant.

I sorted all of them and gave them their roles:

°The ambitious one has to cultivate.

°The lazy one has to judge.

°The investigative one has to think.

°The spirited one has to sense my surroundings.

°The sociable one has a say about my feelings.

°And the realistic one perceives anything.

They can't tell their thoughts until there is a situation based on their role.

When the situation is deemed fit, the one given that role will let out their thoughts to me.

It's so practical; Lucky me, I picked this at that time.

Now I can even cultivate while standing, even though it's too impractical and wasteful, but I can do it automatically now.

I can do many things at once, without ever hurting my head anymore.

Hehe, I wonder how much this will affect my strength, now that I can process many things at once. I need to use them in a fight too. I need a sparring partner right now.

Thinking that, I took out my token and left my room, wanting to spar with Xi Hong.

In front of Xi Hong's room, my other self warned me,

[

'Hey, there's someone staring at us.'

'Really? Where?' I asked back.

'Behind that pillar.'

]

I looked back, then I saw a little girl staring at me from afar.

Hmm?,who is she, why she keep staring at me.

Noticing I was staring back at her,  she began to approach me. With smiles and said in front of me,

"Big sister can u lend me Your ear for a bit"

"Huh, Of course"

I lower my head to her height

"You b*tch, don't you dare seduce my brother again, or I will kill you. My brother is mine only, you understand?."she said Coldly before smile again like nothing happened

"here big sister, my teacher told me to give it to you"

She gave me a box and Just like that, she walked out of my sight. I was stunned.

What the f*ck just happened?

[

'From my observation, I think what she means by her brother was the kid we saved at that time. The only thing I'm confused about is that we never seduced anyone,' said my other self.

'That's what I thought too,' I replied.

'I think this is what we get when we're entangled in some protagonist plot.'

'Then what should we do?'

'Stick to the plan, just ignore him next time.' 

]

I agree to what my other self said. Nothing bad will happen if I just ignore him, right?

And yeah, Do I need to write from shu jue pov, like what I did in Jin shen pov? Tell me your thoughts

48