26 Who Would Pass up Free Beer?
187 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mo Fang sighed deeply. "Of course, that would be for the best. I’m just afraid that it won’t be that easy. If I do move into an apartment of my own, then I want it to be one that I feel happy with, you know?"

Li Ming nodded understandingly. "Of course. You’d be spending a lot of time there. So you shouldn’t just take the next best thing."

"Precisely! That’s it means I’ll have to look for a while. And there’s also the problem that I’m not quite sure if U really want to live alone. You see, I’m so used to living with somebody else that I don’t know if I would be able to take it if I was suddenly in my own apartment with nobody around. I just … I’m not sure if that is me, do you know what I mean?"

This time, Li Ming wasn’t quite sure if he got the sentiment. He had also lived together with some of his ex-boyfriends but when it hadn’t worked out and he had remained alone in his apartment, he had adjusted to the mentality of a single person rather soon. You could get used to a lot of things. Whether it was living with somebody or living alone, it was the same. But maybe things would have been a little different if he had a bad break up like that. After all, Mo Fang still hurt from what happened. Being all alone might make him think of his ex-boyfriend more often. Naturally, that wouldn’t be a good thing.

"Well, have you thought about moving in with somebody else?"

Mo Fang raised his brows, not quite sure what he should say to that. Li Ming couldn’t be suggesting for him to get together with somebody and move into the apartment? That … Well, that was precisely what he had done before each time after a breakup but he wouldn’t have thought that Li Ming would also feel that it was alright. Most people felt that he was nuts for doing this.

Li Ming could see that Mo Fang didn’t seem quite sure what he meant so he tried to explain. "I mean not like in a relationship. But there are quite a few people who move in together with friends or even a person they don’t necessarily know yet. They have an apartment with several rooms and they will each get one of their own while they share the rest of the apartment like the kitchen or bathroom. I think a lot of them go for this because they don’t have the money to get an apartment on their own but there might also be some who just don’t want to be alone all the time. So maybe this would be an idea for you?"

Mo Fang pursed his lips. Well, that idea was very good. But that wasn’t quite what he had had in mind. "I guess I could give that a try. I would only need to find a good department for that. Or maybe one where somebody already lives who wouldn’t mind taking in one more person?"

Li Ming nodded. "That sounds like a good idea. I guess you should check online when you get home from your shift. Speaking of which … I think we should get going. Otherwise, we might get into trouble."

Mo Fang really wanted to sigh but he still obediently followed Li Ming out of the room. Anyway, while there hadn’t been much time, he had been able to achieve a little bit. That was better than nothing. As for everything else … He could still take care of that later on. As long as the basis was there, it was only half as difficult to go forward.

The two of them left the locker room together and Mo Fang bid goodbye to Li Ming in a good mood. He went to the counter and cheerfully took over for the other guy sitting there.

While he had never wanted this kind of job, it wasn’t that bad if it brought him and Li Ming closer together. Or at the very least, that was what he told himself. Thus, with his thoughts on a positive matter, Mo Fang greeted the passengers with a smile and very patiently explained everything they wanted to know.

Even though he had put in a lot of thought over the past few days, his coworkers had all thought that his fervor would soon die down and be replaced with some attitude from being the boss’s son. But now, they were surprised to see that not only hadn’t Mo Fang developed an attitude and was bossing them around or used them to do his work, no, he even seemed to be getting better at this.

They couldn’t help but feel a little ashamed at that. Maybe they shouldn’t have had such thoughts about him before they saw him do anything. Anyway, he hadn’t done anything wrong and being the boss’s son wasn’t something he could change. They felt like they should apologize to him later on.

The bad conscience of Mo Fang’s coworkers got even worse when Mo Fang suddenly stood up from his seat when there weren’t many passengers around and came over to the next counter, waving at the others to come around as well.

They exchanged glances, wondering if it really was alright to just leave their seats. They had never had such doubts before when it had still been Su Yan at that counter but now, things were different. If Mo Fang fang said something at home, then maybe they’d be losing their job the very next day. Nobody wanted to risk that. But, well, since Mo Fang was the one who had waved them over, they still got up and walked over in the end. Anyway, they really wanted to know what was up.

Mo Fang smiled brightly at them. "I’m sorry for springing this on you guys but I thought that since there weren’t any customers around right now, this would be the best opportunity I’d get.

"Anyway, I’ve just started this weekend and you’ve all been so nice to me, explaining everything I didn’t know and covering for me if things didn’t go as they should and I felt that I should invite you all out this Friday evening as thanks. And, well, I’m also new here so I guess it should be a given that I invite you so we can get to know each other. What do you say?"

The others exchanged glances but then, they naturally agreed. Anyway, who would pass up free beer?

1