49 Naive and Innocent
129 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rui Lan had originally wanted to make a lighthearted joke and then get back to work but he paused when he saw Li Ming’s expression. "What’s the matter? Did something happen?"

Li Ming pressed his lips together, not quite sure if he should say anything.

In turn, Rui Lan was even more worried. Li Ming was the type of person that would help everybody if he could but liked to bottle up his problems instead of talking about it. "You know we can talk. It doesn’t have to be now if you’re worried about work but we can go and do it after work. What do you think?"

Li Ming slightly furrowed his brows. "I’m not sure if I should talk about it."

Rui Lan sighed and went to lean against the wall, crossing his arms in front of his chest, and giving his friend a long look. "Aren’t we two friends?"

Li Ming looked over, a little confused. "Of course we are."

"And don’t friends help each other out if they have problems?"

Li Ming sighed. "It’s not that I don’t treat you as a friend. It’s just that this also concerns another person and I’m not sure if I should talk about his difficulties."

Rui Lan pondered for a moment, and finally, his lips twitched. "This is about Mo Fang, isn’t it? What happened this time?"

Li Ming looked at him, at a loss of what to do. Hadn’t he just said that he didn’t want to talk about his problems?

Rui Lan raised his hands, shrugging his shoulders. "I know him. Anyway, he probably wouldn’t mind telling me either if I went and just asked him. So why don’t you spare me from this effort? Anyway, he won’t mind."

Li Ming reached up and rubbed his brow, not quite sure what he should do. "I’m not sure what exactly happened either. Just that somehow, his father threw him out today. He has nowhere to go now."

Rui Lan slowly nodded. "And I bet that you offered to let him stay at your apartment, right?"

Lu Han Ming nodded, a little preoccupied with this own thoughts so he didn’t see how Rui Lan gave him a pitying look. "I also don’t understand why Boss Mo would do this. I was thinking of maybe talking to him but then again, that’s their private matter. I probably shouldn’t interfere."

Rui Lan sighed and then went over, clasping his shoulder. "Li Ming, that is exactly what I’ve told you about. Mo Fang says that his father threw him out so you believe that? I wouldn’t do that. Boss Mo loves his son. He’s bragging about him nonstop when Mo Fang isn’t there. Do you honestly believe that that type of man would throw his son out? Quite honestly, I think that Mo Fang is messing with you. He likes you and he wants to get a foot in the door. So he is trying to do everything he can."

"I don’t believe that. He … He isn’t like that. He’s …"

"A naive and innocent person? Please! He is nothing like that. He certainly looks like it which I bet has gotten quite a few men into trouble already. Anyway, you shouldn’t do this. If you’re not into him, then this really isn’t a good idea. You have to think long and hard about this."

Li Ming furrowed his brows, not sure what he should think anymore. "I already told him that I would."

"And you’re not going to take it back." Rui Lan took back his hand and nodded to himself. He should’ve known that this would happen. Li Ming just wasn’t the type of person that would be able to deal with Mo Fang. He was too much of a good person to see through Mo Fang’s schemes. "Well, let him move in then. Maybe I’m wrong and things will work out well. If this ends in heartbreak … I wouldn’t even tell you that I told you so."

Li Ming smiled and shook his head. "No, that won’t happen. I won’t let it happen. If anything, then it should be Mo Fang who would have to be worried about it. I …" He shook his head, not daring to say what went through his head. He had no right to claim to love that person. Now, he had to make sure that he didn’t make things incredibly awkward for Mo Fang as well. Well, he was sure that he would be able to make this work somehow.

Rui Lan nodded. "I do understand. Well, since you’ve decided already then you should go ahead with it. Who knows? Maybe it’ll work out great. I mean if even Xiao Ying and I can get back together, who knows if you won’t be lucky in love as well?" He shrugged again, patted Li Ming’s shoulder once more, and then left to continue with work.

Li Ming sighed and shook his head. He really didn’t know how he should make Rui Lan understand that things weren’t so easy and that he couldn’t just move on from Su Yan like this. One day, he certainly would. But right now, things were still way too fresh. Well, that wasn’t a worry for now. He should get back to work first of all. When he got off his shift, he could still think about this.

With that, Li Ming also left the corridor and continued to make his rounds in the railroad station, helping the passengers and making sure that there weren’t any problems.

2