83 Give Me a Bit More Time
97 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The world around Li Ming seemed to slow down. He stared at Mo Fang in a daze, feeling that he wasn’t sure if he had really heard what he thought he had heard and at the same time thinking that even if it was true, it was completely inexplicable. It was as if suddenly, his world had been turned upside down.

Regardless of how unbelievable he thought it was, his heart jumped at the faint notion that it might be true. No, it didn’t just jump. It jumped and then took off in a crazy run as if it was trying to take the world record for a marathon.

Li Ming gulped and clenched his fists. He really wanted to reach out and take Mo Fang’s hands, maybe pull him into his arms but he forced himself to hold back. He … He first had to get to the bottom of this. No, not even that. What if … What if he wasn’t ready yet?

He immediately started doubting himself and wanted to reject but then looking at Mo Fang, at those bright eyes that looked at him full of expectations, he also couldn’t bring himself to do that.

Yeah, how could he reject him? How could he do that to him? Mo Fang … It must’ve taken a lot of courage for him to say that. And since he didn’t really feel like saying no to it, then why should he put the two of them through heartbreak over something they might both want?

He gulped again and then reached out, still taking Mo Fang’s hands into his. "Is … is that true? You’re not just saying it?"

Mo Fang looked at him, slightly fluttering his eyelids and finally lowering his gaze. "How could I joke about that, Bro Li? I … I also don’t know how it happened. Actually, I’m a little ashamed. It’s just been a week since I got out of a relationship. You must think I’m really not choosy and would just go with anyone."

"No, no, absolutely not." Li Ming slightly squeezed his hands, shaking his head at the same time. No, he definitely wouldn’t think like this at all. Mo Fang wasn’t like that. He was a very … emotional person. If he liked somebody, he would like them was all his heart. If he didn’t, he would likely hate them with the same passion too. Maybe that Lan Heng had really broken his heart so badly that Mo Fang just couldn’t take it anymore. So in the end, he actually moved on this fast.

"I’m honored."

Mo Fang looked back up, seeming a little afraid. "You’re honored but you won’t consider it?"

Li Ming didn’t really know how to react to that. "It’s not that I don’t want to. It’s just …" He pressed his lips together, trying to find the right words. He definitely didn’t want to hurt Mo Fang even more. But he had to keep this real. "Well, we’ve just recently spoken about how I’m still pretty much hung up over Su Yan. I just don’t know if it would be fair to you to say yes now when I’m not completely sure if I have moved on."

Mo Fang nodded but he wasn’t about to give up. To be honest, what Li Ming had said sounded quite promising already. And he was ready to take the next step. It just needed a bit more convincing. "I do understand that. Although, I don’t have much of an expectation. You could … just give it a try if you want to. We could see if it would work out or not."

Li Ming looked at him, trying to figure out his feelings. "I don’t want to hurt you." Yeah, he really didn’t want to do that. That was the whole problem. He didn’t know if he was ready yet. And he was … too scared to give it a try because he didn’t know what would happen in the end. He couldn’t guarantee anything. But not giving it a try would also hurt Mo Fang. So maybe he was actually doing it wrong already.

He gave a hum and then leaned slightly closer, giving Mo Fang a smile. "I do think that I like you. I’m just not sure if it will be enough for anything long-term. And I don’t want to hurt you but I’m starting to realize that maybe I’m not really helping with that. Can you give me a little bit more time? Just a few more days for me to think it through? Would you mind that?"

Mo Fang really would’ve liked it if they got together immediately but this was already quite good for one week’s work so he nodded his head. "If that will help you deciding, then that is alright. I’ll wait for you. Just take your time."

Li Ming nodded, quietly promising to himself that he wouldn’t draw this out needlessly. He would take a few days, a week at most, and figure this out in the meantime. He couldn’t let Mo Fang suffer because of his indecisiveness.

Seeing his response, Mo Fang got up with a smile. "Then, I guess I should go back home for now. If things are sorted out with my father …"

"Yeah. Yeah, of course." Li Ming got up as well, unconsciously still holding onto Mo Fang’s hands.

Mo Fang didn’t mention it either and just looked at a small heap of fabric to the side. "It’s a pity we won’t be able to go running together in the morning then. I actually stopped by the mall before and picked up some clothes I could wear for a work-out."

Li Ming looked over, a mixture of a warm feeling and regret coursing through his body. He almost wanted to ask Mo Fang to stay but that was crazy so he gulped the words down. Still, he didn’t want to let him leave like this. "That … Tomorrow, we both have a day off. Maybe we could still meet up for a jog?"

Mo Fang smiled happily and nodded. "Then, I’ll text you later for the details, alright?" He finally pulled his hands back, making Li Ming realize that he had held onto them, before stepping back and going to pick up the clothes and his bag. Mo Fang turned back to Li Ming with that smile still on his lips and then reached into his pocket. "Right, I still need to give that back since we’re not living together anymore … for the time being."

Li Ming nodded and absent-mindedly took his key, not realizing what exactly Mo Fang had just said. He only looked at the door, feeling a little lost.

2