98 A Feeling of Understanding
83 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The absolute disaster of breaking up right after getting together had been prevented but Mo Fang still felt worried. There were two things that had held true in all the relationships he had had so far: You hooked the men with your good looks and then reeled them in with his skills in bed. You didn’t necessarily need to be smart or interesting or have any kind of skill in your day-to-day life, just looking good and being good in bed was enough.

But while the good looks approach, coupled with a slight reframing of his image had worked for hooking the person, if Li Ming didn’t let him get close, then they naturally wouldn’t sleep with each other anytime soon. So, there was no way to actually make Li Ming commit to this relationship in his usual way.

Even if he couldn’t do that, Mo Fang wasn’t about to give up. No, he would just find another way. It might not be as easy to do but there had to be a way to solve this.

He took a few moments to just try the food so that he had something to do and it wouldn’t get awkward before he turned back to Li Ming. He felt that he had already thought it through. "Bro Li, say, how do you think the perfect date at the beginning of a relationship should be then?"

Li Ming slightly raised his brows, not quite sure if he understood correctly. "You mean because of what I just said?"

Mo Fang nodded. "Well, if I’m honest, then I am a little hurt. But I can understand that you are just a different person than me in regard to that. So it’s alright. But, if it’s like this, then I feel that I need to understand more. So, how would you like it to be? If all this depended on you, how would you try to get closer then? And how long would that take for you?"

Li Ming lowered his chopsticks and thought for a moment. "To be honest, it’s hard for me to say. I can’t give you a definite time frame. It’s more … of a quality, I think. You spent time together and then you just feel that you know each other well.

"To be honest, even though we’ve only known each other for a week, I already feel that I know you better than quite a few other people. But it’s just …" He tried to find the right words but wasn’t quite sure how to phrase it. "Actually, this is also why I hesitated at first. I really do like you but I’m just not sure if this could work in the longterm.

"Right now, I think that you would be an incredible friend and I do have high hopes for a relationship but I just thought I don’t really have a grasp on who you are. I mean outside of the things that we talked about. So, I would wish that we could just spend some more time together and then develop that feeling for each other."

Mo Fang wasn’t sure if he actually understood that. "But don’t you have feelings for me?" Otherwise, why would he have agreed to become a couple?

Li Ming still wasn’t sure how to explain so that it would be understandable for Mo Fang. "I don’t mean feelings in that sense. I mean just a feeling of understanding. You know, a relationship is communication to a large degree. At least that’s what I think. And I feel that this works best if you know the other person. Because then when you discuss something, you can see where they are coming from. If the person is somebody very new to you, that is difficult. So I think that this is just as important. To know more about you."

Mo Fang pursed his lips and picked up his chopsticks again, continuing to eat for a moment while he thought things through. "I think I do understand a bit better. In a way, isn’t that what we are doing right now? You told me that you weren’t happy with how I was behaving and then tried to explain why. Even though I don’t completely get it yet, it’s starting to make sense to me. So you probably just mean to continue doing this kind of thing. It’s actually really smart. This way, we won’t have to argue so much in the future."

Li Ming gave a relieved smile and nodded. "Yes, exactly!"

"Well, let me think a bit further on that. In fact, how about I plan something for us tomorrow? I mean we are spending tomorrow together, right?"

Li Ming nodded again. "Yes, that’s what I thought. I do think that’s a lovely idea. I’m curious about what you’ll be coming up with."

Mo Fang chuckled. "Well, it’s a surprise."

Li Ming looked at him, keeping quiet for a moment before he leaned slightly forward, giving him an inquisitive look. "You haven’t already come up with something, have you?" He really couldn’t imagine it. He had needed quite a lot of time to decide what they should do today so he really didn’t think that Mo Fang would be able to come up with something immediately after making the suggestion. That just … No, he couldn’t imagine it.

Mo Fang smiled noncommittally and turned back to his food, a mysterious air about him. Li Ming was intrigued and couldn’t help but look forward to the next day.

On the other hand, Mo Fang inwardly panicked. What the fuck was he supposed to do?! He had no idea how to convince a guy like Li Ming of his qualities. What could he do to help him get a feeling of understanding for him? It wasn’t an easy thing to do, alright?

It seemed that he would either need to get some help for this and a lucky coincidence.

2