139 My Father Is Being Difficult
55 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Li Ming was indeed able to navigate the time until he got home. As soon as he closed the door behind himself though, the first thing he did was to take out his phone and check whether he had missed any messages from Mo Fang. When he didn’t see any, he inexplicably felt down.

He rubbed his cheek, feeling like even though he hadn’t called immediately, he was still a bit pathetic. But, well, if you didn’t become pathetic for love, what would you become pathetic for? Trying to think of it like this, he finally ignored the idea to wait a few minutes and just called Mo Fang immediately.

At that time, Mo Fang had also just returned home. He wasn’t the type to obsessively check his phone for whether he had gotten a response or message from somebody though, mostly because he was pretty sure that he would be missed. In any case, the guy that didn’t realize that he was a hot commodity wouldn’t be worthy of him and his time. It was alright if he responded late but not for the other side to do so.

Just when he walked through the door, his father already came running from the kitchen. "Are you finally back? I thought you would be staying out all night again with how late it’s gotten."

Mo Fang raised his brows and took off his shoes. "Daddy, why are you making such a fuss about it again? Didn’t I tell you that I would be going out with my boyfriend?"

"Well, you did but can’t I still be worried about you? Have you taken a look at the clock?"

Mo Fang straightened up again and then stretched. "Well, calm down. It’s not like I need to be at work early tomorrow. I have the late shift. Aren’t you the one making the shift schedule? Don’t tell me you already forgot!" He blinked his eyes at him and then walked past him, intending to go up to his room.

Mister Mo naturally wouldn’t have it. "Where are you going? What about dinner? Aren’t you going to have dinner with me?"

Mo Fang looked over his shoulder and raised his brows again. "But I already ate with my boyfriend."

Mister Mo raised his hands, unable to believe what he was hearing. "You went to eat breakfast with your boyfriend, you went on a date with your boyfriend, you even had dinner with your boyfriend! What else did you do?"

Mo Fang stopped on the staircase and turned around, leaning against the handrail and putting a finger to his lower lip. He gave a hum and then blinked his eyes in rapid succession. "Daddy, are you sure that you want to know that in detail?"

Mister Mo immediately tensed. He had found out more than once that his son definitely wasn’t the type to wait long before anything happened that shouldn’t be described. He just wouldn’t have thought that today would be that day again. His poor baby boy! Wasn’t this guy moving too fast? He felt like crying thinking about it … "Well, don’t you think it’s a little early for that?"

Mo Fang lowered his hand but gave his father a smile. "Why? Weren’t you just scolding me because it was late? Why is it suddenly early again?"

"You know exactly what I mean!" Mister Mo actually stomped his foot, annoyed with that son of his. Couldn’t he just give him a straightforward answer? At least for once?

Mo Fang continued to play dumb though. "I really don’t know what you mean, Daddy. Anyway, I already ate. And I had a lovely day. Thank you for asking, Daddy."

Mister Mo wanted to scold him further but upon hearing that last sentence, he just couldn’t bring himself to do so. If he did, wouldn’t he look like the bad guy again? Wait. Was he the bad guy? After all, he had immediately started to interrogate Mo Fang after he came through the door …

Mo Fang watched his father have an existential crisis for a moment before he shrugged, turned around, and started to continue going up the stairs. He had only taken one step when his phone suddenly rang.

Mister Mo immediately snapped out of his worry and stared at the phone that his son fingered out of his pocket. "Who’s that?"

Mo Fang took a look at the screen and happily pursed his lips. "Well, my boyfriend, of course. I’ll see you later, Daddy!" He waved and answered the call at the same time. "Hello, darling. Did you get back home safely?"

Mister Mo stared at his son with his mouth hanging open. How could he talk so sweetly to that guy?! And anyway … "Didn’t you just meet up? Why is he already calling you again? Does this guy not have any hobbies?!"

Mo Fang just ignored him though. "Darling, what’s the matter?" Li Ming still hadn’t answered him. While he would totally believe that he was able to make a man speechless, he didn’t think it worked that well on the phone. Usually, that involved being in the same room and losing a piece of clothing or two.

"Uh …" Li Ming cleared his throat. "Was that Boss Mo just now?" He had originally felt sweet when Mo Fang’s first concern was whether he had gotten home well or not but hearing his boss’s angry voice in the background was pretty much like pouring cold water over his head. "He … he wouldn’t be angry, right? Is it because of … well, us?" He couldn’t help but worry when that thought crossed his mind.

"Ah, don’t worry about it. My dad is just being a bit difficult again."

Mo Fang had just reached the top of the stairs while his father was still standing at the foot, looking up at his son that was ignoring him while talking to another man that wasn’t even in the same house as him. Hearing this sentence, he blew his top again.

"What’s that supposed to mean?! I’m not difficult at all!"

"Sure, Daddy!" Mo Fang just waved and then walked around the corner and into his room, not bothering about him any longer.

Mister Mo was of half a mind going after him but finally just sighed and hung his head. Well, he probably shouldn’t have expected anything else.

1