156 Dubbed the Future Son-in-Law
50 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Soon enough, the workday was over and Li Ming rushed to change his clothes. He probably could’ve gone over to Boss Mo’s office in his work uniform, but he didn’t feel comfortable with that. In any case, he also wanted to show him that his private life wouldn’t affect his work. It would probably leave a better impression if he even showed outwardly that he was having this conversation on his own time and not while he was on the clock.

When Li Ming looked at the door to the office, he felt a little strange. Before this, he had always gotten along quite well with Boss Mo. Even when that matter with Su Yan had happened, his boss hadn’t been angry at him, and even tried to calm him down and reassure him. Even though he definitely hadn’t been the person to deserve that. Now, he was actually trying to go out with his son. What would Boss Mo think about that? It really was hard to say.

Mister Mo was sitting in his office, wondering pretty much about the same issue. Well, at the very least, he was pondering the relationship between Li Ming and Mo Fang. He just didn’t know what to do to make sure that these two would stay together in the future as well.

Even though Mo Fang had had a few boyfriends that he had been satisfied with, he honestly had to say that Li Ming might be his favorite so far. He didn’t have as much money is that Si Tao and might not be as educated as that Linghu Jiahao, but he was the same age as Mo Fang, had a stable job, was mature, but also very caring. What more could he want in his son’s boyfriend?

And in any case, if it was about money, there was no reason to worry. Their own family might not be rich, but there was still enough to inherit in the future for Mo Fang so that he wouldn’t need to worry about it. On the other hand, if his partner was too educated, who knew if Mo Fang would be able to take it? As much as he didn’t want to say this about his own son, Mo Fang was indeed not the type of guy that had book smarts. Street smarts, yes, and he also knew how to deal with people, but he wasn’t the educated type. Sooner or later, he would probably start feeling inferior or maybe his partner would start to look down on him. That was something Boss Mo didn’t want to see.

There was a knock on the door and Mister Mo was pulled out of thought and didn’t know what to do for a moment. He rubbed his face and then tiredly called out. "Come in."

Li Ming hesitantly opened the door, not feeling that reassured after there had been a pause before Boss Mo called him in. It somehow seemed like a bad sign. "Boss Mo."

Mister Mo looked up and his brows shot up. Surprisingly, it was actually the person he had thought about. Who could explain this to him? Had he suddenly gained some kind of superpower? In any case, he was quite happy to see him. This was a good time to sound out the person he had already dubbed his future son-in-law. "Ah, Li Ming, come on in, come on in. Have a seat. Do you want a glass of water? Some coffee?"

Li Ming gulped, feeling even worse. Boss Mo was so nice. Could this be his way of trying to calm him down before he would tell him that he would under no circumstances accept that he was dating his son? He started to sweat a little but still went over, and nervously sat down. "Thank you, it’s alright. In any case, I just … I just wanted to clarify."

Mister Mo who had just wanted to get him a cup of water at least looked up, not quite sure how to react to first. "Clarify?" He sounded a little horrified when he said that. Just what was it that Li Ming wanted to clarify? Don’t tell him … It couldn’t be that these two weren’t in a relationship after all, could it?

In any case, the last time, Li Ming had kissed Su Yan against his will and these two hadn’t ended up together. Maybe this time, his own son had kissed Li Ming against his will and these two hadn’t ended up together either. "You are not trying to resign, are you?!"

Li Ming stared at him, his mouth opening and closing again. Resign … "Does Boss Mo want me to resign?" Was this some kind of prerequisite for dating his son? In that case … Actually, while he loved his job, he would probably still consider it. It might be dumb to do that for a person he had only spent one weekend with, but he currently just couldn’t imagine being without Mo Fang. He just loved him to bits. So if this was what was necessary, then he would do it.

Mister Mo saw Li Ming’s expression turned grave and he was even more confused about what was going on. He rubbed his forehead, trying to sort his thoughts, and finally leaned back, and waved. "Let’s forget about what I just said. You just tell me, what did you come here for?" He somehow felt that the two of them had been speaking about completely different things.

Li Ming was still slightly taken aback but this was probably for the best. He gulped, his hands a little sweaty, and then started over. He didn’t even dare to look at Mister Mo when he mentioned the situation earlier. "I don’t even know where to start but Mo Fang and I … we got together this weekend. I think he didn’t mention it yet and Boss Mo must’ve been really surprised today when you saw us together.

"In any case, I’m sorry. I don’t think you should have found out this way, but Mo Fang just did it for me because he was worried. In any case, please don’t be angry at him. It was I who reacted wrong. I should’ve clarified it immediately."

1