237 Just Ask
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When the three of them had sat down, Yao Ai’s first action was to pick up the small dog, putting it on her lap, and petting it.

Meanwhile, Duan Zhi Hao turned to order the food. By now, it was actually late enough to get dinner but since this was a cafe, he instead opted for a slice of cake and a cup of coffee for everyone.

The cafe wouldn’t be open that much longer for the day so the only person currently working there was the same woman that had greeted them at the reception. She nodded with a smile and then went off to get their order.

Li Ming watched her leave and then turned back to Yao Ai, smiling when he saw her so happy with the dog. "I take it you grew up without pets."

Yao Ai looked up, a bright smile on her lips as well. "As usual, brother Li hit the nail on the head! I really did. I always wanted one but my parents were against it. They were always afraid they would have to deal with it all the time. So mean! I definitely would’ve taken care of it myself."

Duan Zhi Hao shook his head at her. "That’s what all the children say and then the parents are left with the pet. Anyway, since you’re out of school now, you will be able to get one soon enough. And then you’ll really have to be responsible for it."

Yao Ai nodded, not seeing a problem with that. Anyway, she didn’t think that she was an irresponsible person. "I’ll think about that when I’ve figured out what I want to do. If I’m going to college, then I’ll probably have to wait a few more years since I might be living in the dorms."

"That’s a valid concern. Anyway, taking care of a pet can be a lot of work and also quite expensive. I guess it might be good if you waited until you were sure that you earn enough money to support yourself and a pet.

"Also, there are always the time constraints. I actually do like pets but I never got one because with the shifts I work, and sometimes taking over for somebody else, there wouldn’t have been enough time. It just didn’t seem plausible. Who knows how things will be for you?"

Yao Ai looked at him, feeling that this was something she hadn’t taken into consideration so far. Maybe she really had to think this through some more before she got one. Anyway, she didn’t know what pet she’d want yet.

But in any case, that wasn’t the most important problem right now. There were more pressing matters for her to worry about it. "You know, after these ten days, I actually feel that the course is really interesting. At first, it was a bit boring but it’s getting better. Maybe I should do something in this direction."

"I’m sure your parents would be ecstatic that you didn’t waste your time then. Are you sure it’s something you want to do long-term though?"

Yao Ai looked a little lost at that question. "You know, I am not sure. Generally, I do like it. But I can’t really imagine what to do with communication as a job. I mean I can’t do the same thing as teacher Linghu, can I? Just go and study it and then teach people? I’m sure it’s not that easy. Those students can’t all become teachers."

Li Ming gave a hum. "Well, he did say that he was some kind of consultant at first. I guess that would be another option. Actually, since there are still two days left, maybe you could have a talk with him?

"I mean, he seems like a nice guy. If you told him that you are interested in maybe doing something in this direction, I could imagine that he’d have some tips for you. Also, he might know something else you could do to prepare further. That might be helpful."

Yao Ai raised her brows and thought of Linghu Jiahao. Actually, Li Ming might not be wrong. She had been really worried at first because of her faux-pas the first day but if he actually remembered that it had been her, then he had never shown that.

These days, he had always been really nice. Both to her and to everyone else as well. So she didn’t think that there would be a problem with asking him. "I guess I should do that then. Probably tomorrow. If he needs to think about it, he still has a full day. Do you think I should go there a little earlier? Or should I do it after the course?"

Li Ming raised his brows but wasn’t too sure either. Turning to Duan Zhi Hao, he raised his brows. "Have you ever seen that kind of case in one of your other courses?"

Duan Zhi Hao pursed his lips but didn’t say anything as the woman from the reception already came back, bringing them the cake and coffee. "Here is your order! Is there anything else you want?"

Duan Zhi Hao looked up with a smile and shook his head. "No, thanks, that’ll be all for now."

"Alright, then eat slowly!" She went back to the reception, starting to tidy up over there.

Li Ming glanced over and then picked up his cup of coffee. "We probably shouldn’t stay too long. I think she wants to close soon."

Duan Zhi Hao sighed at that but nodded. "Yeah, I also wasn’t sure if it was a good time to come here but I figured it was an interesting enough place so I wanted to give it a try. We probably should’ve come here another day though."

Yao Ai looked at him and raised her brows. "Why? Are we going to be let go earlier in the next two days?"

Duan Zhi Hao clicked his tongue and picked up his fork, taking a bite of the cake and closing his eyes. The cake really was great! He gave a hum before he opened his eyes again and looked at her. "No, but nobody’s keeping us from meeting up on the weekend, is there? Anyway, I don’t have to work, brother Li is out of a job, and you are … well, whatever it is you do."

Yao Ai pursed her lips and wanted to argue but Li Ming hurriedly cleared his throat.

"Anyway, what about sister Yao’s question? Should she ask before the course starts or rather after?" Right now, he really didn’t want to argue so it was best to diffuse the situation early on.

When it came to Yao Ai and Duan Zhi Hao, these two were usually getting along really well but then Duan Zhi Hao would be making trouble out of nowhere and she would immediately jump at the opportunity to react to that. In fact, maybe that was why he was doing it. He was just trying to get a rise out of her for some reason. Well, not this evening.

0