241 I’m Just Happy It’s Over
30 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The other two hurried after him, exchanging furtive glances behind Li Ming’s back. To be honest, when he had originally mentioned that he had recently broken up with somebody, they hadn’t really thought twice about it. Anyway, a lot of people broke up all the damn time. It really didn’t seem like that huge of a matter.

But now that somehow, that matter had come up again and Li Ming had basically fled the scene, they couldn’t help but feel that there might be a bit more to it. After all, there wasn’t really a reason to react like this if nothing big had been going on, right? At the very least, that was how they felt. It was just that they weren’t quite sure how to bring this matter up.

Even though neither of them spoke up, it wasn’t like Li Ming was blind. He was very well able to see the gazes the two of them were throwing each other. After a moment, he stopped in his tracks and turned back around. "I’m sorry. I guess I kind of ruined evening."

Duan Zhi Hao scratched his head, not quite sure what to say to that. After a moment, he shook his head. "I mean clearly, she wanted to close the cafe anyway. So we just went slightly faster than expected."

He definitely wouldn’t blame Li Ming for this. In fact, he didn’t care about that matter either. He hadn’t been particularly enthusiastic about going to a pet cafe anyway and had just done that for Yao Ai so as long as she didn’t mind, he definitely wouldn’t either.

Rather than that … "Are you alright?" Because he really didn’t look like it. From the moment they first met, Li Ming had always seemed put together. Calm, collected, never rushed. So to see him like this where he would rather rudely tell somebody off for trying to talk about something and then just leaving didn’t seem like him. That was kind of a sign that things had to have been really bad and even though he knew absolutely nothing about Li Ming’s past relationship, he felt like he was too good of a guy to be put through something like that.

Li Ming didn’t want to talk about it with these two either but he finally sighed when he saw that Yao Ai was looking at him with big eyes, clearly worried about him and even Duan Zhi Hao looked somewhat concerned.

He rubbed his forehead and then shook his head. "Really, there isn’t much to it. It was a bad breakup. It’s really not something I want to talk about and I definitely don’t want to talk about any kind of prospects of getting back together. That just isn’t possible."

The other two nodded as if this was only to be expected, even though they really didn’t understand what this was about. In fact, they weren’t even sure who had dumped whom and they didn’t know why either and the only thing they knew for sure was that Li Ming really didn’t seem happy about this.

After a moment, Duan Zhi Hao awkwardly stepped forward and patted his shoulder. "Well, we can go and drink if you want to."

Li Ming looked at him, not sure what to say to that. He did realize that it was a rather awkward attempt at cheering him up but that really wasn’t what he needed. He shook his head. "Don’t bother about it. Anyway, it’s been a few months. I just didn’t think that I would suddenly be confronted by it again. You know, it was a bit difficult to actually separate."

Yao Ai had no idea what he meant with that and could only look at Duan Zhi Hao who in turn nodded and then motioned down the street. "Anyway, let’s leave here. I feel like, we are still too close to that pet cafe. I don’t want another awkward scene."

Li Ming nodded and turned around, walking away. Anyway, he could also do without having to see Si Tao again. That just now had really been awkward. If it happened again, he wouldn’t know what to do about it.

Seeing as he walked ahead, Duan Zhi Hao heaved a sigh of relief and leaned closer to Yao Ai. "Be very careful with what you say. Clearly, he’s still brokenhearted about this." Duan Zhi Hao had been whispering so thanks to the people walking around them, Li Ming actually didn’t hear.

Yao Ai did so she nodded earnestly. Even if he hadn’t said anything, she would’ve been able to tell. She had never seen Li Ming this stiff in the ten days that she already knew him like when he finally saw that guy.

For a moment, she had really wondered if maybe that girl from the reception had been his ex. That would’ve been way too awkward. It seemed that in the future, they would have to make sure that they didn’t go to the wrong places.

After a moment, she accelerated her steps and then grabbed Li Ming’s arm. "You know, if you want to get revenge and make her jealous or something, I would totally be up for it!"

Li Ming turned to look at her and raised his brows. To be honest, even if he had that kind of intention, for one, he would need a guy for that, and two, even if a woman was alright, he would never pick Yao Ai. She barely looked legal and while Mo Fang had never cared about this kind of thing, he personally did. So really … while this was another nice gesture that came from a good place, it just wasn’t a good idea.

He sighed and shook his head. "Thanks, sister Yao, but there’s really no need. I already broke up, I’m happy to have gotten rid of him, and I don’t want to ever see him again if possible. And I’m pretty sure that everyone who knows the two of us and that we were together, will stop bothering me about it pretty soon. Anyway, it’s already been a few months. How long can it take for people not to think about it?"

He felt that this was reassuring but Yao Ai and Duan Zhi Hao shared an alarmed look. A few months and he was still this brokenhearted? It seemed that after the course was over, the two of them would have to start some kind of plan to make sure that he would get over this already.

0