398 Get Help from a Professional
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Si Tao nodded. He thought the same for the most part. Their waiting was simply because it was what Tong Lan wanted. But then, the issues were that she felt to be on the more disadvantageous side so that was normal.

He wanted to mention it but then reconsidered. His relationship issues probably weren’t what Mo Fang wanted to hear right now. No, he’d better change the topic. As soon as the idea came up, Si Tao naturally didn’t hesitate to actually do so. He had always been a decisive person after all. “Well, let’s not talk about that. How is it being back? Your father must be smothering you now that he gets the chance to nag you from close up again.”

Mo Fang’s lips curled up faintly. “You’re not totally wrong. I don’t live at home right now so it’s not so bad. As soon as I go back though …” He sighed. He also knew why his father was like this. In his eyes, if you didn’t work, it simply wasn’t right. It didn’t matter that he wouldn’t need to work a single day in his life and could still live comfortably. To his father, this was a matter of principle.

In the past, his unsteady work as a model had been a point of contention. Now, his father would prefer it if he got back to modeling. In his eyes, unsteady work was still better than no work. Of course, he’d be even more ecstatic if Mo Fang could do something more … grounded.

Si Tao gave a hum. He didn’t know Mister Mo too well but he had actually met him back when the two of them were dating. That, plus everything Mo Fang had told him throughout the years meant that he had a rough idea of how things would be right now. “Don’t think about it too much. Anyway, he has always been like this and you’ve never seen eye to eye when it came to what you should do with your life. Don’t let him guilt you into anything. Especially not right now. It’s okay to take a break.”

Mo Fang nodded. “I know. Anyway, it’s not like I’ll starve.”

“Exactly!” Si Tao nodded heavily as well and picked up his drink. “If you want to do something though, you know where to find me. I wouldn’t be able to help much if you want to get back into modeling but I can get you a job in almost any other industry before you can even start worrying about it. You know I would.”

Mo Fang nodded. “I do. Thank you.” He smiled but also shook his head the next moment. “It’s not necessary though. Right now …” He trailed off, not sure how to explain himself. He was just … so lost. Where would he even start?

He cleared his throat and pushed away the half-empty plate, leaning over the table instead. “I’ve been looking for Yu Ting’s relatives these days. I just haven’t been successful. It’s no wonder he always pushed it off.”

Si Tao also leaned closer. “Is it smart to do this? This sounds a lot like it has the potential to end up harming yourself.”

Mo Fang shook his head. “No, I don’t think so. I mean … all matters regarding the … inheritance have been handled already. Looking for them …” He shook his head again. “You could say I am just doing this to make myself feel better.”

Si Tao gave a hum but wasn’t totally convinced. People … when there was money involved, they could turn into sharks. He would know. He had lost quite a few friends over such matters in the past. And Mo Fang was currently in a vulnerable position. It would be easy for others to cheat him.

Sure, it wouldn’t matter much. With his maternal family behind him, losing some money wouldn’t be a problem. As Mo Fang had said before: He wouldn’t starve. But the hurt this would cause … he didn’t want to think about that.

Si Tao lowered his gaze and thought for a moment. He knew he couldn’t make Mo Fang change his head. Since he had decided to look for those people, he would do so. But maybe he could help him out another way.

He raised his gaze again, checking Mo Fang’s expression. Right now, he looked pretty calm as if this really wasn’t a big thing. It was questionable if he would accept any help. Still, it was better to try. “Well, I know it’s not my matter but maybe I could help?”

Mo Fang raised his brows. “How so?”

Si Tao leaned even closer. “If there is one thing that I have learned in my life, then it’s that everyone should do what they can do best. Unless you have no other choice, it makes no sense to pour endless energy into something you’re bad at. Such things should better be left to others who are more familiar with it.”

Mo Fang’s expression turned thoughtful. “You mean I should …”

“Hire somebody to do the search. And wouldn’t you know it but I might just know the right guy.” Si Tao smiled brightly and even his eyes seemed to sparkle. “You might remember how I suspected that somebody was selling trade secrets at one of my companies five years ago.

“Back then, I didn’t know who I could trust. So I figured it would be best to let somebody who wasn’t known to anyone already working there do the digging. I looked around for a while and found a private investigator who seemed rather reliable. After giving it a try, he managed to get results in a short amount of time.

“I was really impressed so I kept his contact details in case I’d ever need his services again. Turns out I didn’t but I guess this might come in handy now. I could give him a call for you, what do you think? With a referral from a previous customer, I’m sure he’d accept.”

0