Chapter 8: Assemble the military!
435 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After reading the book repeatedly Jay felt incredibly dazed. The amount of information put into this small booklet was truly an extraordinary amount. Even though he was unable to comprehend most of the information in the booklet due to a lack of magical knowledge, there was still a whole bunch of useful information in there.

 

After comprehending the things he could comprehend it came down to this: The first mage to touch the book owns the tower. Others wouldn't be able to enter without permission. Once he had sufficient mana he would be able to freely control things within the tower. And finally, the table he saw before was an enchantment table. And mana would be refilled quicker while inside. There we go that wasn't that complicated! 

 

Oh yeah, and anyone entering through the window would be turned into a shish kebab, roasted and all!

 

Content with the things he learned he put all the magic books he previously bought on the fourth floor before heading outside. It truly was worth it choosing to use the platinum token. He had already decided he would put his bed into the Magic tower and he would gift the mansion to exceptional talents such as Architect Gariel and General Green.

 

After telling said architect to start making a blueprint copying the houses already built he headed towards the river, once he arrived he looked inside of his interspacial ring. The necessary building token he got as a reward earlier seemed to be a bridge. What it would turn into surely depended on the situation, and since he already had a blacksmith and the other necessity the bridge was seen as the most necessary building.

 

This obviously made him happy, the width of the river made it so that making a blueprint of it would surely be extremely hard, if architect Gariel would’ve gotten it done after 2 weeks he would’ve been happy. So he decided to quickly place down the building token so that it would finish as quickly as possible.

 

After dealing with this Jay went to the large open spot behind the castle where he used the blueprints he got after building First City to start the construction of the Barracks and a Stable. Unlike the previously gifted buildings these each cost resources and took time but since he still had 1000 basic resources this wasn't much of a problem. He simply had to wait a few hours until they were built. Other than this another 10 basic houses were also made, bringing down the total amount of resources to 200 which they would most certainly need for food.

 

After making sure the blacksmith and tailor were operational, he went to his study within the magic tower. He then spent the next few hours studying the basic magic books he bought before. Even though he could cast most basic magic in his previous life, his fundamentals were flawed so he made sure to study diligently. 

 

The books were divided in 2 different sorts. There were the theory books that were required in order to reach a higher Tier and make your own spells and the practical spell books that depicted how to cast a certain spell properly.

 

But after just a few hours of studying, he was promptly interrupted.

 

| Grottle Green has requested access to the first floor of the Magic Tower |

 

"Access declined."

 

After promptly responding to the notification he hurried down. When he opened the door he was startled. General Green had multiple deep cuts running along his arms and an arrow was lodged in his shoulder.

 

"What happened?"

 

The generals' expression darkened as he knelt down, a movement that caused him a lot of pain.

 

"My lord, About 1 mile south, inside of the forest, there are natives. They are small green creatures with primitive weaponry, I killed 2 of them when they attacked me but there were dozens of them coming at once, I managed to lose them before I returned but they are a major threat. There must be at least 50 of them in total."

 

Usually, such a situation would scare a new lord but instead of that Jay got extremely excited. The first true battle would come soon, to him this was something worth celebrating. Despite this, he did realize they couldn’t act rashly. So far the only people that could fight were the 2 of them, an adventurer and a warrior.

 

After telling the general to take care of his wounds, he once again made his way to the market. Once he got here he sold the barracks and the stables blueprint for 10 gold each. After this he bought the ‘basic perimeter’ blueprint for 50 gold, causing him to be absolutely broke with not a single coin to his name.

 

The basic perimeter blueprint might cost a staggering amount but then again it certainly wasn't a starters item. It would make defending a base many times easier and even provide safety against most wild beasts. Other then this it was also very cheap to build. 

 

After spending another 150 of his basic resources, a wooden fence started erecting out of the ground, with a gate on both the north, south and west side.

 

However, he didn't have the time to simply stand around watching the fence grow. Instead, he headed to the barracks before throwing out the 20 farmer tokens he previously bought. As he spawned them himself each of these farmers naturally had the 'Blind Follower' trait which was something he highly valued.

 

Another hour passed before General Green had recovered enough to start training these farmers. Since the first barracks of a settlement started with 10 swords and the first stable of a settlement started with 10 spears there wasn't any problem arming these people. 

 

The problem was time, according to the General's explanation these creatures he suspected to be goblins would probably find them sometime soon. He wasn't sure if the farmers would be strong enough at that point.

 

All he could do now was strengthen himself and make sure the adventurer and soldier took turns being on the lookout. Meanwhile, he continued studying in the magic tower. In reality the goblins did push his plans back a bit. He previously intended to get these 20 farmers to work as woodcutters and miners so he could get some more of the basic stuff built as quickly as possible.

 

The rest of the day passed by quickly as he was immersed in his studies and magic practice. In the morning, he did have to go outside in order to receive the first group of ‘gifted’. The ‘gifted’ were more citizens gifted by the world, similar to the buildings they came from the ground, and these appeared daily outside of the city borders. 

 

The first group of ‘gifted’ consisted of 4 regular farmers and a single F-grade scientist. After allowing the scientist to start working on whatever he wished he assigned the group 2 basic houses. They seemed happy enough with it as they hadn’t expected they would be able to sleep under a roof, let alone behind walls where they would be protected from wild beasts.

 

The one thing that did concern them were the loud screams that came from behind the castle. In reality, Jay couldn't say he wasn't a little worried about those farmers himself. In the evening it became even scarier as no more screams could be heard from the barracks. Disregarding this Jay did manage to increase his intelligence when reading increasing his Intelligence to 13 while his Mana had also raised to 2 at this point.

 

It was this night that the Goblins appeared.

 

| Marley Yang has requested access to the first floor of the Magus Tower |

 

Waking up by this announcement Jay nearly jumped out of bed grabbing his spear as he ran downstairs. Opening the door he saw the adventurer that was stationed at the wall. Totally out of breath the man managed to yell out a single sentence.

 

"The green creatures have arrived, there are at least 50 of them."

 

Jay didn't pay him anymore mind as he quickly ran into the courtyard behind the mansion where General Green was training on his own.

 

"ASSEMBLE THE MILITARY WE ARE UNDER ATTACK!"

14