Chapter 18: A Hint to the Future
308 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Unbeknownst to Jay, the figures were all nervously waiting for reinforcements. After all, they had to be facing the General of Ice, One of the strongest people in this world.

 

And so both sides were facing off, ready to dodge a strike at any time. But as Jay kept waiting for the enemies he started getting rather confused.

 

Why weren’t these people attacking? Even if he was skilled and had a great weapon he was still only a single person. In this situation, the most he could do is defeat 2 sword intent experts. If he could destroy the orb and see properly this number would go up to 3. 

 

Yet just as the enemies started preparing an attack a bright light appeared from outside the tent. It was almost as if a miniature sun appeared. Disrupting the mist and dispelling the illusions on the people around him. At this point, one of the enemies in front of him looked at him and seemed extremely surprised.

 

"This- this isn't the Snow General!"

 

He had only just uttered that when 2 of the enemies closest to the entrance were brutally sliced in half. Behind them, 2 figures appeared. One was a large man that excluded a noble aura. Jay tried looking at his weapon but he was completely unable to as his eyes started bleeding even when he was just looking in the general direction.

 

"YOU ALL DARE TO STEAL THE FIRST PERSON TO TAKE MY INHERITANCE IN THE LAST HUNDRED YEARS!!"

 

The burly man exclaimed. Very much unlike the aura he emitted, his face was crude and even a little mean looking.

 

Next to him a man he recognized appeared, it was one of the soldiers he was with previously. Spearwielder Geralt.

 

After that, the pieces of the puzzle clicked in his head.

 

It seemed that when he was pulled away from the legacy. The closest compatible person was Geralt, one of his troops. Then he must've mentioned he wasn't the one to touch the legacy stone at some point. So the General promptly tracked him here.

 

"I GUESS ILL HAVE TO GIVE YOU ALL A BEATING YOU'LL NEVER FORGET."

 

The extremely loud General promptly swung his sword, causing a line of sword intent to go as far as 6 meters from his weapon, promptly killing 6 enemies before they even had a chance to react.

 

Blood and guts stained the ground following this extremely brutal strike which had promptly split them all in half.

 

The remaining 8 enemies spread out wildly while keeping calm. It was clear these men were all seasoned veterans. Even when there was such a large divide in strength, they remained calm and acted in the best way possible. But when faced with absolute strength, all tactics are useless.

 

Just a moment passed before each of these men felt something was wrong, yet when they noticed it was already too late. The earth beneath them had suddenly risen, encasing their bodies in earth.

 

Jay looked at these men with a nervous expression. A few minutes ago he felt incredibly threatened by these people but in such a short time they were all taken care of.

 

His perception of strength had gone through a major shift. He really was quite pitiful compared to true experts.

 

The burly man then walked towards him before reaching into his coat, grabbing a small package.

 

"THAT'S FOR YOU LITTLE MAN, IT REALLY IS TOO BAD YOU COULDN'T FOLLOW MY LEGACY. BUT THEN AGAIN A LORD'S LEGACY SEEMS BETTER SUITED FOR YOU! HAHAHA!!"

 

After having his eardrums almost shattered Jay bowed politely towards this General before him. Sincerely thanking him. This only made the General laugh more before he suddenly disappeared, taking Geralt with him.

 

| Legacy mission 1: Solve the mystery: completion 70% |

| Reward: First tier golem manual, great blacksmith manual. |

 

Once more, Jay felt his consciousness fading, and so before he was pulled away from this world he turned towards Alice who stood beside him. “I am Jay Collin, Lord of First City, come find me and I shall help you avenge your village.”

 

But before Alice could reply Jay disappeared. He once more traveled through what seemed like a portal with endless possibilities before being thrown to one that felt vaguely familiar to him.

 

As he opened his eyes once more he noticed he was in the cavern once again. His hand rested on a stone rock, one he recalled being golden prior to his travels.

 

Beside him, his soldiers stood. It looked like no time had passed for them as 3 of the soldiers were looking around the room curiously as if they had only just arrived. The fourth soldier was Geralt and he looked at him confused for a moment processing what had all happened.

 

A moment later, Geralt knelt down, pushing his head against the floor before yelling out with a shaky voice.

 

"My Lord, my apologies for stealing your legacy. I never intended to do so!"

 

Jay looked at him seriously, it seemed like he had become allot stronger thanks to the legacy. He felt a seed of sword intent enveloping him. It seemed like he was just a small step away from being able to control it.

 

"This was a general’s legacy, hence it is rather unfit for me anyways. I hereby promote you to be my second general Geralt, you may keep any items you have gained in the trial, this shall be your reward. Serve me well.”

 

At this point, everyone looked rather dumbfounded. The 3 other soldiers with them had no idea what happened and Geralt had never even thought of keeping the items he got for himself. After all, these included a D grade spear and nearly a hundred pieces of gold.

 

Jay was also glad when he saw Geralt had gotten some decent gear. One of which was an interspacial belt. In this world, appearing strong was almost as important as being strong and the strong didn’t use backpacks to carry stuff.

 

After he had said his part Jay decided to immediately head back. He noticed he was gaining experience as they were speaking. This meant that his soldiers were probably in a fight. He could always return to the ruins later.

 

Once they backtracked 2 rooms they got back to the rats. Luckily it seemed like they had calmed down and returned to their pillars, allowing them to sneak by.

 

They then spent another hour climbing the stairs before finally arriving on the surface. Now, as he got even more experience Jay was getting somewhat worried, they would have to rush back to the village immediately!

10