Chapter 22: The Battle
279 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jay calmly stood on the hill, looking at the town below him. After putting some thought into it he decided he would support as a magician instead of going in with his sword. At this point, he was stronger with a sword, but that didn’t mean he would be more useful when fighting alongside his men.

 

From a distance, he would get a better oversight of the battle, this meant he could make better choices and decide where to aid his men. All in all, by doing things this way he believed they would have fewer losses and in the end, he could still come in and let the ‘Overbearing II’ specialty on his scimitar do its work.

 

A few minutes later he got the signal everyone was in place. And so he raised his scimitar, yelling out loudly:

 

"ATTACK!!!!"

 

Not a second had passed before he could hear the battlecries of his men. Each of them rushed out of cover heading for the east gate while yelling as loudly as they could.

 

The ground shook when the 2 Giants came into view. Each of them was holding a massive block of ice. These 2-meter tall boulders were ripped directly from some of the smaller mountains.

 

When the Iceborne within the city heard the battlecries of Jay’s men most of them headed towards the living quarters. These large buildings were considered the safest in the city.

 

Normally this would indeed be the case. It was very hard to siege a building as only a few attackers could come in at a time but they weren’t prepared for the giants.

 

Each of the giants had a wooden chair mounted on one of their shoulders. These chairs both had someone sitting there telling the giants what to do. This was because the giants had relatively low intelligence, these men were responsible for making sure the giants wouldn’t accidentally step on their own troops and making them do as much damage as possible.

 

Soon both of the giants threw the massive balls of ice they were holding. One of them hit the side of the living quarters smashing the wall to pieces, killing multiple Iceborne that were inside. The second ball missed the quarters by just a few centimeters, killing a few Iceborne that were heading there right now.

 

But the most damage the giants had done wasn’t to the living quarters. The real damage was the morale. The eastern side of the town was in chaos. Seeing that the living quarters weren’t even safe most of the civilians panicked running around.

 

Meanwhile, the western part of the town was also extremely busy. Iceborne soldiers were gearing up and dividing themselves in squads. These were things that had been drilled into them in training. In the case of an attack, the soldiers had to group up first before doing anything else. But by the point, they were divided properly the giants had already reached the eastern wall.

 

Destroying this wall made of ice wasn’t hard for these extremely strong creatures. It only took a minute for a massive hole to appear in the wall and a few seconds later most of the rubble had also been cleared.

 

At this point, the giants backed off, making place so the soldiers could enter. The soldiers had gotten an order to kill every bear with brightly colored Iceborne, other than this the elderly also had to be killed.

 

| Area alert: First city has attacked Gualthern |

| Mission: Defeat Gualthern |

 

When the expected notifications showed up Jay smiled. He obviously knew the basics about warfare even if he wasn’t a Lord in his last life. Whenever a guild attacked another guild a similar notification would pop up. 

 

In this case, the notification was also a timer for him. It was likely the town had more guardposts like the one they had cleared earlier and he really wanted to take over the town before they arrived. He also estimated that it would take the blue-furs about 30 minutes to arrive here which should be enough time to take it over.

 

At this point, his soldiers had spread out into a few squads of 10 taking out anyone they see. But now, the Iceborne soldiers were also prepared and they started to make their way to the eastern part of the city. There was just a single problem, there was only a single point of entry between the eastern and western part of the town, making them easily stalled.

 

The Iceborne weren't dumb and used formations to try and push through the entry point. Yet just as the first group started getting a foothold, making a way for the rest of the soldiers to go through, a massive block of ice was thrown against the entry point, blocking it entirely.

 

It would seem that one of the Giants had managed to get himself another piece of ice and so this situation had occurred. The isolated group of Iceborne obviously didn't stand a chance and got killed after a period of combat.

 

A dozen minutes had already passed when the soldiers had killed all citizens other than the regularly colored pups.

 

After this time had passed the Iceborne soldiers felt helpless. First, they tried going out the west gate. This way they could circle around and enter through the eastern gate themselves. But every time one of them exited the western gate they were promptly hit by one of the icy spears Jay shot out. So they had to try to go through the rubble on the east anyways. But this too proved to be useless as anyone that tried to go through would die once they reached the other side.

 

At this point, one of the giants had made his way to the western gate making that route even more unavailable.

 

After a bit more time passed, a group appeared not far away. It was a group of 30 of the blue-furs Jay had fought earlier and it seemed like Jay had underestimated their speed, with them arriving only 15 minutes after the alert.

 

Jay was at a bit of a crossroads here. There blue-furs were the soldiers he wanted the most. They could spend long amounts of time underwater and had good skills. With a bit of decent training, they could easily become tier one experts.

 

Yet, on the other hand, taking them out alive would be extremely hard to do as all of his techniques were made to kill.

 

In the end, Jay had a plan even if it wasn’t a very good one, the giant took another boulder made out of ice and Jay and general Green made their way towards the western gate. When they arrived the duo immediately rushed through surprising the enemies immensely.

 

Before they had mentally prepared multiple heads already dropped to the ground. He continued attacking while yelling the chant "Surrender or die!" a chant quickly picked up by the troops on the east side who were rounding up the survivors.

 

Then the giant outside of the gate threw his boulder right into the enemy barracks causing even more deaths. Soon the Iceborne surrendered by the heaps, and just before the blue-furs arrived a notification popped up.

 

| Gualthern has surrendered |

9