Chapter 25: Mischief
245 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Jay spotted this small town, a smile slowly made its way onto his lips. Seeing such a small defenseless village really opened his eyes to how many of the other humans would be doing around this time.

 

If there was 1 good choice this Lord would’ve made it would most certainly be the location of his village. He was close to the forest, river and even horses!

 

But well, after thinking tactically for just a moment he decided to refrain from killing the mayor of the town. Right now planet Hope was still very similar to a game. Death, for one, wasn’t permanent for the humans at the moment. If you died then you would go through a hard reset. Losing all your gear, levels, and if applicable, the status of a Lord. And after 1 month they would awaken in the reincarnation hall in the Main City.

 

So well right now he had 2 reasons not to kill him. First of all, this person, on his reincarnation would be able to tell everyone about his location. It was possible that this could create some problems at that time. But well, that wasn’t the real reason he didn’t want to kill the mayor. It was just that it didn’t seem very… fun!

 

In his past life wanting to have fun and make things interesting was his trademark, it was his biggest weakness, but it was still a huge part of who he was.

 

With those thoughts in mind, Jay snuck into the small village. This proved to be extremely easy as there wasn’t even a single lookout. And as for the people within the village, they were listlessly working on the creation of some new houses. The houses also clearly weren’t made using a blueprint. They were small wooden shacks that would topple by the slightest push.

 

Hiding behind the stables Jay once more smiled widely, excited for the scene he was sure to create. A small red flame was created by him and slowly made its way to the other side of the village, the building he was aiming for was the only one of decent quality, he was sure this would be the mayor’s house. And so when the little flame made content with the roof of the building it didn’t take long for the fire to spread.

 

"FIRE! FIRE! CAN YOU GUYS PLEASE MAKE IT STOP"

 

The first person to come out was the mayor of this settlement. He was the only 1 within the settlement who wore shoes and it also looked like he had just woken up from a nap.

 

Once they spotted the fire the villagers quickly started moving. They all rapidly made their way to the nearby river so they could use the water to stop this catastrophe.

 

Yet they had 1 problem.

 

They didn't have any buckets.

 

Jay couldn't help but burst out laughing when he looked at the people in front of him trying to carry over the water with their hands. By the time they arrived at the house, there was obviously nothing left.

 

He honestly believed he wasn't such a mischievous person normally, but today he could have some fun, right?

 

Once Jay saw the fire was about to spread to the other houses, jay forced himself to calm down and started walking towards the house. Due to the chaos, nobody seemed to even really notice him as they just ran right past him.

 

When he arrived at the building the fire had enveloped the entire roof and part of the building's walls.

 

Right now the fire was spreading faster and faster and the fire started spreading to the other houses. And so, with a simple thought water started appearing between his hand, he simultaneously sent it flying to the fire. If someone looked from the back they would probably think he was using a fire hose.

 

After a bit, the fire was put out, and over 20 gazes were aimed at him. After a moment of hesitation, the mayor of this village smiled.

 

"Hahaha, I didn't realize I had a mage under me, what's your name strong guy?"

 

"Ah, I think you misunderstand, I'm Jay Collin. I am your lord now, didn't you get the memo?"

 

"Huh"

 

The mayor smiled for a few seconds after Jay had spoken before he processed the words that he had said. Yet even then he looked at Jay confused as if asking him to elaborate.

 

Seeing this man's look made it really hard for him to remain acting seriously. Yet as if by a miracle from god he somehow managed to keep his laughter in.

 

"Ah, you don't wanna be my subject? Alright, I'll take your horses then."

 

After saying this he turned around quickly since he could no longer hold his serious expression. And so with his back turned to the Mayor of this place he walked towards stables.

 

Jay was already tying the horse's basic leads together by the time the Mayor reacted.

 

"This? Stop that man!"

 

Even when he yelled this order his face was full of utter confusion. What the hell was going on? Who was this guy to just walk up and take his horses?

 

Yet when his men walked forward to stop this stranger something odd happened. Jay gazed back at them with his hand resting on his Blood Scimitar and each of the men stopped instantly, beads of sweat appearing on their foreheads.

 

Upon closer inspected a puddle seemed to have appeared in between each of their feet.

 

A regular person can’t handle feeling sword intent I suppose, certainly not when coupled with my aura. Jay shrugged as he took the horses back to camp leaving behind a flabbergasted mayor and some of his terrified subjects.

 

When he arrived back in town many of the residents looked at him flabbergasted, some of them even gaining the ‘Blind Follower’ trait. He had just done something impossible.

 

Who could tame 20 horses in less than half a day?

 

And so, the cavalry regiment was created. It could only be made out of humans since Iceborne were too heavy, even though the horses would be able to carry them, they wouldn’t be as fast.

 

He also asked Geralt to remind him to go get some more horses in a few weeks, just in case he forgot.

 

Now, at last, it was time for him to create his second base, somewhere in the Icelands.

9