Chapter 33: The Aftermath
216 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shortly after the Red commander left, the golden light faded and Jay opened his eyes. When he saw the commander fleeing he naturally didn’t follow. He wasn’t confident he could beat the commander and it wasn’t worth the risk.

 

Behind them, the Iceborne army was on its last legs. As soon as Jay ran towards them with his saber high in the air the enemies surrendered and the battle was over.

 

| Khal's army has surrendered, 1 person routed |

 

Satisfied with this result Jay had a good look at his troops. They had a surprisingly small amount of casualties. Only a dozen of his people had died, while the surrendered enemies numbered 15.

 

Of course, he also lost 12 blue-furs which were worth over 30 regular troops in his eyes.

 

Overall he still made a decent profit off of this fight. They now had over 90 pieces of F grade armor and a few of an even higher grade.

 

Once the battle ended the combined army cheered, they had gotten some more valuable battle experience and their lord had turned into a tier 1 mage.

 

Yet, Jay wasn't so happy. Not only did he reveal his location to every lord in the entire region, he felt something was wrong with his advancement. If someone advanced on the warrior path they would get a qi core, if someone advanced to become a mage they would get a mana core.

 

This core would become the source of their strength. If a warrior reached Tier 2 they would also be able to store a bit more mana in their body allowing them to also become a Tier 1 mage but this didn’t mean they would also get a mana core, it was just that their body itself made a qualitative upgrade.

 

Yet he got neither of these. Instead, he got something totally different. Instead of a core that existed in his dantian it was as if his entire body became the source of energy. Furthermore, it created mana and pure sword intent instead of qi.

 

If someone that hadn’t been reincarnated got this they would be ecstatic for sure. After all, having the entire body producing these things was obviously better than a small core, but Jay was different.

 

Being to exceptional was lethal. And with this, he didn’t mean that other humans would try to kill him (which was the case). Instead, the world itself would become your enemy.

 

A single person can cause an entire region to get slaughtered. The world had its basic rules and when an anomaly showed up it would balance the scales of fate. So far he could only suspect the misty orbs had something to do with the world’s will going against his reincarnation but that wasn’t something he was sure about. He was sure though that this special advancement wouldn’t go unnoticed.

 

So he had an evolved version of qi being created and could store more mana than regular mages.

 

In the end, he let the matter rest for now. The surrendered Iceborne did have some useful information. The Red Commander was 1 of the 3 Commanders of the Iceborne and they had about 500 troops earlier.

 

Even if they didn't remember the location of the base this was certainly useful information. He would have to be careful when expanding forward, and he had to get General Green and Geralt to breakthrough quickly. After keeping this thought in mind, he noticed he had missed a notification he got when he was within the golden light.

 

| Congratulations user for being the first human to reach Tier 1 |

| Region announcement: Congratulations to Jay 'Pangea' Collin for being the first human to reach Tier 1 |

| Reward: 1000 gold, D grade armor |

 

This announcement made Jay feel odd. The rewards were great and all but he got a bit too much attention right now. So far both of the region announcements were about him and even if the first one was because of pure luck the other humans wouldn’t know this.

 

But before he had time to think about his future plans another notification popped up.

 

|Region announcement: Congratulations to Alexis Vale for being the second human to reach Tier 1 |

 

This announcement nearly made Jay spit blood. Only a month had passed since they had been transported here but someone, other than himself, had already reached Tier 1!?

 

After calming down Jay thought about it logically, in this world anyone could go through some sort of fortunate event. Geralt was a good example, he managed to get a great legacy allowing him to stand of the brink of advancement himself.

 

The combined army took all of the spoils before throwing all the corpses into the water. The Ice would remain red for a long time to come and for the following week the water was sure to be red as well.

 

After this they returned to base, where they had the standing Giant help the fallen one up.

 

Icy city was relatively safe for now. They had just repelled the Iceborne army so it should take a good while before they returned. There were no other forces they knew of that fought for this area of the Icelands.

 

Meanwhile, the many human forces that would now be looking for him would be bound to find First city. Jay headed back with the Giant and the newly gained Iceborne. He wanted to make sure they would stay loyal after a week and well, First City was the perfect place for that.

 

When he got back to First City he was pleasantly surprised. The city had grown once more, multiple warehouses could be seen full of resources, even some magical materials had been found such as Hades wood, which was amazing for making bows.

 

When he entered the magic tower he saw there were 10 disciples present, this was a large amount for 2 reasons. Firstly because they only trained those with a great talent for magic right now and secondly because most of the disciples would be out looking for resources in the forest.

 

It was only then he noticed these disciples were holding basic magic books, studying them. He also noticed that he only recognized a few of the disciples here, it seemed that new people with talent in magic had arrived and gotten a hold of some treasures.

 

When he headed into the second floor, old man Von Hauser spotted him and bowed deeply.

 

"Congratulations on your advancement my lord."

 

Soon after Jay got a detailed debrief of what had happened here. The villagers arriving a day had increased even more but now there were also some kids mixed in. Some of these kids were taken to the magic tower in order to become mages as their talent wasn't set in stone yet.

 

Additionally, they had gotten a whole bunch of resources, including 5 magic crystals. And earlier today some of the disciples had found a magical crystal mine!

 

Ecstatic by this discovery, Jay handed the old man 50 gold to do with as he wished. And also decided to reward the disciple who found it another 20 gold.

 

Training had continued as usual and General Green had a few other great soldiers help him in training all the new blood.

 

It seemed that the entire village knew about Jay's advancement as everyone congratulated him respectfully upon spotting him.

 

This did remind him of something. The forums. From day 1 everyone with an E grade AI chip or higher could enter the forums in order to make posts and get information about the world. Previously he hadn't even looked at it since there would barely be anyone with such a chip and there would be nothing useful for him anyways.

 

Now, it did hold some importance, it was as possible for him to get congratulated as it was for him to be threatened.

5