Chapter 35: Impossible!
206 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Jay looked at each of the men following him, he felt truly proud.

 

None of the people behind him looked like farmers. Instead, they all seemed fierce and impressive, yet at the same time when they talked to each other they seemed genuinely happy with their lives.

 

Even if he wasn’t the best at history back on earth, he was pretty sure there had never been a civilization where nearly all men and women were warriors.

 

He was proud of his people like a father would be proud of his kid. And now it was time for this father to take his kid to the carnival.

 

The first base was one Jay was already familiar with. When they got out of the forest he could see the small village he had robbed a bit ago. At this point, they had a 2-meter tall wall and around 50 people.

 

This was something that obviously made him happy, more people meant more potential talents!

 

With this base, they didn't even bother surrounding it. And even though they could climb the wall to infiltrate, there was no reason to do so. The large group of warriors walked just behind Jay, who arrived at the gate.

 

The gate was crafted pretty well. For something built without the use of a blueprint, it seemed very stable and there weren’t too many peeping holes either.

 

Jay decided to use this opportunity to test out his first Tier 1 spell. After calming himself he extended his hands forward, then something odd happened. The ground in front of him turned liquid, it looked somewhat like quicksand.

 

But well, if someone assumed this in a fight it would surely be the last thought they got. Only a second had passed before three massive earthen spikes shot out of the liquid earth heading right for the gate.

 

Jay expected the spiked to hit the gate, causing it to fly off but the results were quite different. The spikes were simply too sharp and they pierced straight through the wood without causing the general structure to move.

 

Slightly embarrassed Jay used a different Tier 1 spell he had learned, and the one he valued the most. This time, when he put out his hands a small bubble appeared above his hands. The spectators looked expectant but in the following minute, the bubble didn’t grow at all even though they were sure their Lord was pumping mana into it..

 

Yet, when Jay sent it forward the warriors with higher intuitions immediately jumped backward grabbing their swords in an instinct. The moment Jay released the attack beads of sweat immediately drenched their foreheads, for just a second they felt as if they were going to die.

 

The reason why they had reacted so was clear the next second. The small bubble which moved forward very slowly headed for the gate, when it reached it its effect was shown.

 

A massive force came from the bubble as an immense amount of air was released, as if blown away by C4 the gates didn't just open but flew away. The moment the little bubble hit the gate it was immediately shot away without a second hesitation.

 

Half of the gate slammed right into a wooden building, easily destroying its walls, causing it to collapse. The other half slammed right into some of the guards that were guarding the road just in front of the gate. This simple attack had caused the death of 3 people instantly.

 

This effect shocked everyone, this was the spell Jay got from the intermediate book in the main city. It certainly seemed oppressive.

 

The army behind Jay opened their eyes wildly, reminding themselves to never cross their Lord, and to get as close to him as they could.

 

For the people inside the town, the scene looked a lot different.

 

Jimmy was the Lord of the village. It had been a while since he arrived here and it certainly wasn’t easy. He had to manage his people and build new buildings while trying to keep everyone alive. Then one day someone just strolled into his village and took his horses, scaring him immensely, hence Jimmy immediately started working on the walls.

 

But just a few hours after it had completely finished building one of the lookouts saw an army coming out of the forest. The lookout was panicking a great deal and claimed there was an army of over a hundred men coming for them.

 

Immediately after getting this report the gates got closed and their army of 20 men prepared.

 

Yet what came next was way more horrifying than he had ever imagined. They could clearly hear the footsteps of the army, walking up to their gate at a normal pace.

 

After this, they went silent, as if they were never there. Yet before someone could go to take a look a scraping sound could be heard as 2 earthen spikes immediately penetrated the gate making him lose his confidence. Then the enemies went silent once more and for a minute nobody dared make a sound looking at the gate with shaky hands.

 

The next moment, whatever bit of confidence he still had left disappeared completely. A soundless explosion happened before his eyes as splinters shot everywhere. The gate itself shot forward, half of it went just over his left shoulder killing 3 of their men while the other half shot against a building, causing it to be destroyed instantly.

 

A large dust cloud hung before the entrance, Lord Jimmy and his troops were frozen in fear, and what they saw before them didn't help that. A red-haired man they recognized could be seen as the dust settled, 2 earth spikes sticking out of the ground at either side of him.

 

Behind this horrifying man was a full-blown army filled with humans and some other creature he didn't recognize. Jimmy's eyes twitched as he fell to his knees awaiting death, and death is what he got.

 

An icy pike. A single shot pierced his eye heading straight into his brains. Blood streamed down from his eye as he uttered some weird sounds before falling to the ground, dead.

 

Jay walked forward leisurely looking at the guards before him.

 

"Surrender."

 

"WE SURRENDER! WE SURRENDER! Please don't kill us..."

 

A terrified guard yelled out, and sure enough everyone else promptly threw down their weapons, allowing Jay to take this camp only killing a single lord, and the 3 people that he had accidentally killed.

 

He still had 2 Tier 1 spells he wanted to test out, but it seemed he would need to get to a larger camp in order to be able to use them.

 

His group of 60 warriors had quickly taken in 50 more people, this included women and men. They were told to mix among the experienced soldiers which they promptly did because of the 'Blind Follower' specialty they had temporarily acquired.

 

They spent the rest of the day training these people up a bit. Every soldier would teach a different person, thus progress was quickly made, and soon night came.

6