Chapter 38: Surrendered!
213 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Much like Jay himself, his 3 enemies also frowned. Jay had gotten hurt due to outside interference and it seemed like his troops were also getting sneak attacked.

 

"You are despicable."

 

Jay's words had a commandeering tone, causing the trio to freeze up for a second.

 

Knowing there was no way he could beat them at this point, Jay turned around and rushed forward, straight into the enemies’ guards. Right now, most guards had their backs towards them due to the sound of battle coming from the gates.

 

The ones that did see him coming didn’t have the time to yell out. A man holding a scimitar swiftly moved through the troops, lines of sword intent cutting into the necks of those he passed, causing them to bleed out in seconds.

 

Anyone that managed to dodge was ignored while the ones that didn't died within a couple of seconds.

 

Meanwhile, the 3 people he was fighting earlier chased him, pushing their troops aside to try and catch up.

 

But at the end of the day, Jay was still a Tier 1 expert and he remained faster than the trio.

 

His troops were extremely stressed. Ever since their Lord had disappeared from sight they had been waiting nervously, ready to attack the enemy as soon as they got the order,

 

What they hadn't expected was for an army to come from the other city, heading straight for them. The problem was that they couldn't really move from their position, if they retreated or advanced their Lord would have more problems getting back to them and the other party might not honor their agreement.

 

Hence they were stuck, part of their troops had to be ready for when the guards attacked while the other half had to engage the second army. A situation like this was never good.

 

What they hadn't expected was for their Lord to suddenly rush out seemingly exhausted and with a large wound in his abdomen. The combined army immediately cleared a path allowing him to get to the safest place in the army.

 

Immediately after arriving here, he grabbed 2 health potions and chugged them down, causing his wound to close quickly.

 

Meanwhile, the trio he had been fighting was deliberating whether they should directly attack him right now. They were a bit conflicted. The other city that was attacking were also their enemies. They had had many skirmishes for resources in the area, despite this neither city had gotten the upper hand, unable to take out the other city's forces.

 

When they heard some of his defending troops yelling out with the battle cry “For Pangea!” they also immediately realized who these people were. They had, of course, already suspected these people came from Pangea but they weren’t sure earlier. Now that they were, they also had to take into consideration they had another Tier 1 expert.

 

And since only the top 3 advancers were shouted out to the region it was possible Pangea had even more than that. Furthermore, they had managed to get together a 130 men strong army, assuming they left more soldiers in their own city this would mean they had 150 people in the army, a lot more then they had.

 

The last thing he noticed was the armor and weaponry of the troops, over a third of them seemed to have graded weapons and armor, something they only had a dozen sets of in total.

 

Even if they could kill the Tier 1 commander they had just fought and beat this army in front of them, their lord would certainly come for revenge soon, taking another Tier 1 and a second army.

 

Jake wasn't a stupid lord, he had gotten to this conclusion after only thinking for a few seconds. He knew he was strong, extremely strong even. But there was still a clear difference between himself and this Pangea which had attracted a lot of attention in the forums.

 

In the end, he decided to take a gamble, the next words he spoke immensely surprised all those around him.

 

"Largose city surrenders to the Pangea empire!"

 

| Largose city has surrendered |

 

Jay was stunned for a good second before he came out from the midst of his army, looking at Jake, the person who had just surrendered his city for seemingly no reason.

 

"I accept your surrender, now assist up in repelling our attackers!"

 

These words were all it took since everyone but Jake had the ‘Blind Follower’ specialty.

 

Jay walked up to Jake cautiously "So, why did you surrender to us?"

 

"Because I think it is the right choice to make." Jake said seriously, before asking "Who is your Lord, is He present?"

 

Seeing the army around Jay was about to ridicule him,  he quickly understood the situation. "I swear my allegiance to my Lord."

 

He kneeled, surprising Jay once more. Usually, those that came from earth wouldn't bend their knee easily, leave alone another Lord. Hence he had always opted to kill the lords previously.

 

He felt that Jake was sincere however, his eyes revealed he was an honest man, it seemed that he hadn't ordered his soldier to attack Jay in the back earlier.

 

The battle behind him wasn't close at all, now that the combined army could truly focus on them and the Largose guards had joined the battle, the second army didn't stand a chance.

 

The burly man he had fought with earlier stood out in particular, fighting valiantly.

 

| Name: Gustel Morning (lv 10)

Talents: A+ grade bodyguard, C grade leader, D+ grade General

Titles: Great bodyguard ( Hidden stats Constitution +5 when defending someone), Believer in defense (Any person he trains will be an E grade bodyguard guaranteed), Blind Follower (This follower will not betray you within the next 7 days)

 

Strength: 19

Agility: 17

Intelligence: 14

Politics: 10

Instinct: 14

Mana: 1

 

Specialty: none

Cultivation manual: F-grade (unnamed)

Description: Valiant bodyguard who guarded Jake Potiski against a multitude of threats in and around Largose city, later acquired by Jay Collin. |

 

Seeing his stats they were indeed satisfactory Jay nodded. Once he reached Tier 1 he might be as strong as General Green. Of course, there still was a big difference, General Green was a General while Gustel Morning was a bodyguard.

 

The battle quickly came to an end, Largose city ended up being the strongest of the 2 by a margin but the second city had sturdier morale. By the time the second city surrendered they had already lost their Lord and Commander.

 

After the fighting had finished Jay renamed both settlements to 'Twin City' since he was sure these settlements would turn into one after some time.

 

There was 1 thing he was wondering. How was it that there were 2 settlements this prosperous so close together. Normally they should be less evolved than other cities since they had to share the same resources, so what made them different...

5