Chapter 42: Zombies!
182 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seeing the group chasing General Green and the group had fewer men then they did caused a frown to appear on his face. General Green was a Tier 1 expert with sword intent, did they encounter another force as strong as twin city?

 

But before he could complete this thought a series of whistles came from all over town. This was the basic symbol for a threat. And so soon everyone was aware they would soon be under attack.

 

It only took a few minutes for 100 of his men to assemble at the eastern gate waiting for his orders.

 

From this distance, it was somewhat difficult to see the enemies clearly. What he could see was that there were about 100 of them and they were humanoid. Furthermore, they were going about as fast as General Green’s group, it looked like they would make it to the city safely.

 

Jay quickly made arrangements and the three Tier 1 golems stationed at the gates teamed up with the golem at the bridge. They were ordered to block the bridge once General Green and his men had passed. Then while they defended the bridge Jay could properly guess the strength and race of the enemies.

 

By now, 230 men, nearly all of their military forces stood behind the bridge, awaiting orders.

 

Jay divided them up in squares, each square contained 7 people. These 7 people would keep fighting together no matter what. Each of these was led by an experienced citizen of First City. He did this since many of the training techniques that got taught were to improve individual strength. Putting them into formations would put this training to waste.

 

Soon General Green’s group arrived, crossing the bridge before collapsing from exhaustion. General Green was the only person that didn’t seem too exhausted.

 

By now the enemies were only 100 meters away and Jay could get a better look at them. Most of the people who encountered these would think they were just regular undead. Something that was easily seen by looking at their rotting flesh and lack of hair.

 

Yet, when he saw their pure white eyes he looked extremely elated.

 

ZOMBIES!

 

These undead were called zombies. This was since they were infectious. If you got bitten or scratched by one of them you would get the virus, becoming one of them within 5 hours.

 

Yet Jay was elated seeing that they had attracted zombies. He knew the virus wouldn't be much of a problem for a military city like his own, any zombie was bound to be killed before being able to infect anyone, and those that were infected would probably just turn themselves in.

 

The real dangers zombies presented came from their blood. Even a few drops of the blood could make you sick and if you got splashed with a decent amount of zombie blood you would instantly get a harsh fever. this was the case even for a Tier 1 warrior such as himself or general Green.

 

Other than these zombies' usefulness as a biological weapon there was something else it was used for. In the region he was in in his last life the first event happened 2 weeks from now. At that time every corpse would turn into a zombie and try to kill the living.

 

The zombies killed during this period couldn't be able to be fully harvested. Their blood and brains would be absorbed by the ground as soon as they died. They did, however, drop an undead core.

 

To a human, undead cores had very little value, this was because the undead naturally despised the living and they wouldn't be able to enslave anything created with the undead cores as a base.

 

However, since this was an event, the undead cores at that time could be used to buy certain event items in the 'events' tab in the market.

 

These were a bunch of different things, from base tokens, to weapons, to blueprints.

 

Usually, a Lord should be able to get about 50 cores during the event, some Lords even perishing by the onslaught of the zombies.

 

So, not only could he save the cores for when the event came along, he could even harvest the blood and brains which were very powerful bioweapons. Even better would be if he could capture some zombies for future use.

 

For any city with both a residential area and a military area (Which was most cities), a single zombie would be able to do a great deal of damage.

 

All he would have to do was get a zombie into the residential area, and watch as the city falls to chaos.

 

And luckily he had the best possible ways to beat this army of zombies, golems. And a magical ballista.

 

With the zombies' best weapons being their blood and virus, their actual attack power wasn't that strong.

 

The real danger was the blood, whenever it splattered onto someone they would get a high fever, this left them mostly defenseless, making them easily overrun.

 

Since he had golems, it was different.

 

The zombies' claws weren't able to pierce the hard stone and their blood obviously didn't have an effect either. The ballista was equally amazing, the 3 shots that it fired each killed about 5 zombies.

 

The only problem was that the fight progressed slowly since the golems attack power wasn't all that great either and the zombies only died when they received substantial brain damage.

 

After a while, most people went back to what they were doing earlier, they were all told to keep their weapon unsheathed for the next few hours in case someone turned, once someone did turn they were to be captured if safe and killed otherwise.

 

After 3 hours had passed and half of the zombies were still alive, Jay also left, he gave the remaining soldiers the orders to capture the final 4 zombies. After taking care of this he went to his magic tower. When he arrived at the fourth floor he started grinning. For such a fortunate thing to happen the gods must really love him.

 

Events were often for both Lords as adventurers.

 

The zombie event was no different, and he clearly remembered something, in this event, there was a special reward.

 

There was a reward that cost 100 cores yet was also the best reward in the entire event, surpassing even the rewards costing 500 zombie cores. 

 

He could only hope that he would once more find himself in this event in this life. If so he was somewhat confident he would be able to get that item before anyone else.

 

It was with this thought he went to sleep. A smile on his face.

5