Chapter 45: The Conclusion
180 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"The next item we have is an orb of illusion, this is a rare treasure that is said to be from another world. There is only a handful of these in the entire world. Rumor has it that in some situations orbs like these have been able to stop time. Bidding starts at 1000 gold coins."

 

An otherworldly treasure?

 

This piece of somewhat unreliable information made Jay think deeply. He had already found out other worlds existed in his last life. Heck, the 'ending' is closely related to them. He knew that whatever came from another world would never be auctioned off like this. So they must be very uncertain of its heritage.

 

"1100 gold."

 

Jay called out with no hesitation. The staff that Isabelle held hadn't helped him even a little in understanding his enemy, the orb had been destroyed and no longer held any of the mist. And the general he had met in his Legacy trial hadn’t told him either. At the time he simply hadn’t thought of asking.

 

Now he had an opportunity to finally learn something more about who-or whatever was after him. Perhaps if he could understand the secret behind the orb he might be able to find a way to protect himself from its effects. Right now that was the number one priority he had.

 

But while he was already thinking of ways to research the orb another bid rang out.

 

"1500 gold"

 

This time it was the old man in VIP room 4 that called out. Jay looked at him intensely yet the man just smiled back. He had a long white beard and bushy eyebrows. His hair was tied in a traditionally chinese way showing where he came from.

 

"1700 gold"

"2000 gold"

 

At this point, everyone was looking at these 2 people with wonder. This was 2000 gold coins they were talking about! Most of the people here only had about 100 gold in liquid funds and even the richer Lords were stunned by the number.

 

Jay was also extremely surprised, he only had a bit over 2100 gold so even if he did manage to get the orb, he would become poor in just a moment.

 

But after thinking about it for a second he realized just how much he needed this orb. He knew that right now his biggest threat weren’t the Iceborne, nor were it the other Lords. Instead, his biggest threat was the person behind the orb. Something that was able to interfere with a legacy and at the same time having the ability to stop time. Such things were unlike anything he had heard of before.

 

And so, putting up a somewhat cocky smile as if he could bid all day he put down his final bid.

 

"2100 gold"

 

After seeing the look on Jay's face the old man hesitated for a second before giving up, yet even now he didn’t seem to be in a bad mood at all, something that surprised Jay.

 

"Orb of illusions goes to Jay Collin in VIP lounge 1."

 

Jay sighed in relief. If he managed to find a way to control the power of the orb, it would be more than just worth it.

 

The third major item was a blueprint for food-pills.

 

These were tiny pills easy to manufacture which would make food many times easier to transport.

 

Thus far Jay hadn't had any food problems yet. Even though he didn't manufacture enough food for his towns they just used the market to trade other resources for food. In the end, this blueprint went to the old man that was bidding against him earlier.

 

For about 1000 gold this old man, 'Agne Lorthbrock' had acquired the blueprint.

 

The fourth major item was a remnant of an A grade halberd. The handle was split in 2 and the blade was dull but nonetheless, it was an amazing item. A-grade items weren't just a grade higher than the B+ grade items. It really was the difference between heaven and earth. A-grade items were the true pinnacle, weapons with sentience, while B+ grade items were still just hunks of metal.

 

Even if the halbert wouldn't even be able to cut down a thin tree as it was, if they found a way to repair it they would surely be able to destroy anyone in their path. And even if they didn’t find such a way, it was a great item to use in research.

 

This weapon too went to the old man, for 1100 gold this time.

 

Jay couldn't help but feel a bit conflicted, he really wasn't sure who got the better deal in the end. He did make sure he would remember this man's face. Etching it into his memory.

 

Agne, Jay and the mysterious person who got out with a gold base token were seen as the big winners of this auction. With a few other lords also being taken account of.

 

Once the auction was over, Jay walked out of his room, waiting for the old man to get out as well. But even after waiting for a dozen minutes the old man didn’t come out so he had to let it go.

 

It was clear the man didn’t want to socialize which Jay found a shame. He definitely wanted to ask him why he was after the misty orb, after all, 2000 gold pieces for a single item would be a bad deal for anyone. And who knows, perhaps the old man had the same motivation he had.

 

When he went down the stairs the lobby had changed quite a bit. Tables were set up all over the room with snacks on top. Lords could be seen talking everywhere in small groups talking of their experiences.

 

Once Jay appeared, however, the scene quickly changed and he was rapidly surrounded by the other Lords, even those that acted quite cocky earlier quickly tried to get closer to him.

 

"Next week a new store will open in the Main City. It will be called the 'Earth’s edge'. I will sell all sorts of rare equipment with a big treasure for sale each month. I will also buy a multitude of resources that will differ regularly. Please be sure to make a Warp gate soon so you can get all of these wonderful items."

 

Jay smiled as he immediately left. He didn’t have anything else to talk to these Lords about. Most of these people were still getting used to this planet.

 

The other Lords looked at the figure that was walking away rather stumped, their image of the indomitable Lord being shattered as they formed the impression he was an extremely shameless Lord instead.

 

Jay headed to one of the town halls immediately afterward, it was time to use the final item he gained during the test back on his first day. The great quality land deed!

7