Chapter 53: Distasteful
153 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When they opened the doors the sight shocked them. Blood stained the walls of the entire dining wall, and Iceborne corpses could be seen laying on the floor.

 

The corpses littered the room but they were cut up immensely, it was clear that most of the bright furs had been cut off the corpses, additionally, body parts could be seen on the dining table in the middle of the room.

 

Once Jay had recovered from this savage sight and walked into the room he noticed something, all of the corpses here had a similarity, they all had brighty colored fur. Or at least, they used to have it.

 

This was truly distasteful. When he looked at the sight before him, Jay felt everything connect. It seemed that the nobles weren't just allowed to live in riches for no reason. They were livestock for the royals.

 

Either their meat was really tasty or it gave certain benefits, causing the royals to come to this sort of arrangement. The nobles were allowed to live a rich life until it was their time to be slaughtered. But still, this wasn’t something anyone had expected to see.

 

And so, Jay and his companions sank in deep thought for a bit before exiting the room. They would decide what to do with this some other time.

 

Right now, they could at least tell themselves they weren't the bad guys in this story... even if they knew this wasn't exactly true.

 

When Jay saw this he thought of his own morals. He wasn’t exactly sure if he was better or worse compared to these Iceborne since it did look like the nobels knew of their fate, but now wasn’t the time to ponder over his morals.

 

The people he was with were also busy thinking similar thoughts a moment ago, but now they looked at their Lord. It was a dangerous thing of them to even consider good and bad, of this, they were sure.

 

Soon the 4 of them arrived at the top floor, the layout of this mansion was the same as the one in First City, hence Jay knew where the master bedroom was.

 

So first, they decided to check the other rooms, leaving the Lord for last. When Jay walked into the first regular bedroom he saw an adolescent Iceborne. Its fur was gold but that wasn’t what Jay looked at, instead it was his clothing. Not only was this Iceborne wearing bright furs but one of the walls was filled with clothing made out of bright furs. Jay personally walked up and slit this royal’s throat.

 

There were 5 more rooms to check, each of them greeted them with a similar sight. Either an adolescent or kid royal was in each of the rooms with clothing made out of their own people.

 

After each of these died, it was time to check the final room.

 

Jay walked up to the double doors, accompanied with general Green besides him. But when Jay opened the door he was instantly surprised. 2 spears shot out of the room, heading right for Jay and general Green, nearly reaching them before they managed to jump back.

 

The people inside the room were clear for them to see now. One of them was the Bloody General Jay had already met while the other was another General with Green fur.

 

Jay cursed inwardly, he thought the generals would be inside of the barracks, he didn’t thinl they would be living inside of the mansion.

 

The doorway was rather narrow which made using a sword to fight rather hard.

 

General Green was the first to fight back, putting some pressure on the Green Commander.

 

Meanwhile, Jay engaged the Bloody General. He might not be able to use his scimitar to its full potential now, but he didn't need to.

 

He used his scimitar to block each of the stabs the bloody general sent at him while sending small balls of fire and the occasional icicle in order to attack.

 

When occasional ball of fire illuminated the area. They could now see that behind the 2 Iceborne was an old Iceborne with golden fur. Looking at all the decorations he had on him, he was clearly the king. The fact that he was wearing a red fur coat also clarified this.

 

The fight kept dragging on. This was not a good scenario for the attackers. Jay didn't know how the zombie outbreak had developed. He still had to send a signal to his troops when they were supposed to attack after all.

 

If he didn’t do this the situation would spiral out of control. If the infection was found early and the Iceborne eliminated it before they attacked, it wouldn’t be very effective. And if they didn’t find it and all got turned before his armies attacked then they would have to fight too many zombies which wasn’t a fight they would win.

 

And so, since he couldn’t allow his battle to keep going, Jay took a gamble.

 

Just after sending off another fireball, Jay jumped forward with his scimitar in hand. This obviously wasn't a surprise to the Bloody Commander as he had done this a few times already.

 

However just as he was about to block the strikeheading for his abdomen its direction changed, aiming for his neck, now this too was something Jay had done before this fight. And so the red commander used the full extent of his sword skills to block this too.

 

Yet then the direction changed another time going towards the totally opposite side.

 

When he saw where the strike was heading, the Bloody Commander panicked, yet it was too late and he no longer had a chance to stop this attack. Even if at this point the scimitar wasn’t moving quickly anymore, its high quality made it so that it didn’t need to move quickly in order to be effective.

 

A moment later the scimitar struck, right into the side of the Green Commander who was just blocking a strike from general Green.

 

The scimitar went straight through the armor, cutting through it like butter. A second later blood splattered. Jay’s breath stopped for a second as he stumbled back. A masive cut had appeared on his side even though nobody made a move against him.

 

"How..?!"

5