Chapter 62: The Gold Base
124 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jay looked at the man before him with a frown. Even if he hadn’t ruled out the fact that someone else might have the idea to go to this location, he hadn’t expected there to be someone with as many troops as this.

 

“You’re not supposed to be here…”

 

The man before him spoke again yet this time it didn’t seem like it was meant to be an insult, instead, he seemed to be genuinely confused.

 

Jay ignored this weird sentence and spoke directly.

 

“Are you the Lord of these people?”

 

“Me? Ah yes, of course I am! You should watch your words you know, I am a great Lord and scholar, my knowledge is beyond your understanding!”

 

These cryptic words made Jay feel odd. It seemed like he had met a lunatic this time around. Someone that thought he was the best and smartest in the world. Jay let out an exhausted sigh, even this short interaction with the man had exhausted him and he didn’t want to continue it.

 

“Just don’t get in my way or I’ll tell my troops to throw you all off of this mountain. I’ll leave a small part of the mountain for you to defend. If you make any moves against us we will kill you.”

 

After saying his part, Jay turned around and walked away but behind him, he could still hear the other Lord mumble ‘He’s not supposed to be here.’.

 

Ignoring this delusional Lord, Jay walked to the very middle of the mountain with his bodyguard and his 2 commanders.

 

Seeing him walk there most of the small groups on the north side made their way over to him. When they got close enough Jay spoke loudly.

 

“All Lords and individuals alike, I welcome you. My name is Jay Collin, Lord of Pangea and Emperor of the Eastern region.”

 

Hearing his second title many of the small Lords took in a deep breath and entered the forums to let everyone know of his bold declaration.

 

“Right now Pangea has over a dozen Tier 1 experts, today I’ve taken 3 of these with me. Additionally, 700 of my elite troops are here to defend you all.”

 

This statement truly shook these small Lords to their core. They had never expected Pangea to have that many experts already but when they thought about it, it made sense. Pangea was the first t have a Tier 1 warrior, they even had 2 before anyone else. It was only logical they kept creating them. Right now none of them doubted his words, they all completely believed what he was saying.

 

“As a sign of supremacy in the Eastern region, I will now found a fortress on this very mountain…”

 

When he said so a small gold token appeared in his hand. This token once more shocked these Lords. They had such a token at one point but it was made out of copper or silver, seeing a gold settlement token was a massive surprise.

 

Some Lords even got greedy and wanted to have it but seeing the powerful army behind the man they couldn’t do anything. 

 

Without further ado, the gold token was placed on the ground.

 

| User has placed down gold settlement token, do you wish to proceed with the creation of a new settlement? |

 

‘Yes’

 

| Please name your settlement |

 

“I will name this place, flat-head mountain.” 

 

A second after the token his the ground, some basic buildings started rising out of the ground. A moment later some individuals walked out of the army, they had a blueprint and some interspacial items with resources. And hence the market soon started construction.

 

Jay himself smiled seeing buildings slowly rising up. The market would take a little while to build but the basic buildings were soon erected. Seeing the 10 basic houses he spoke to the Lords once more.

 

“The groups with the most people will be allowed to use a house for their leaders. The others must make do with the floor. Please divide into your proper groups, my men will come to collect the payment.”

 

The small Lords cooperated swiftly, hence Jay didn’t have to micromanage this part. He instead took out a blueprint himself, he placed it onto the ground near the edge of the mountain. After this, he took out all of his interspacial items, and soon a bunch of wood was dumped out, nearly emptying all of them.

 

Slowly a wall started rising around nearly the entire mountain, the only part that was saved was about 20 percent of the mountain at the most southern side, to keep that Lord happy.

 

The wall would be built in about an hour, the event would start in double that time. Hence they had plenty of time to prepare. The forums were now full of pictures of this area. The efficiency and discipline of the Pangean troops were astonishing. They were constantly moving and working, preparing the defenses. the Lords had to admit that they felt safe with these elite troops defending them.

 

The nameless princess and the Iceborne were also heavily discussed. Even if none of the Lords here had seen them before when pictures were posted on the forum the Lords within the Icelands quickly notified everyone of the situation. In the Icelands the Iceborne were the superior race, they didn’t even know they could survive outside of it before.

 

But compared to them, the nameless princess was a more popular topic. A beautiful green elf. A race they had never seen before. At this point, they had no idea she was a princess but they did see her use magic a myriad of times, in order to help the soldiers.

 

But well, Jay didn’t really care about what these people posted on the forums. As long as it didn’t make him look weak he didn’t mind too much. The fact that he took out a gold token and used it in a place with limited access or resources was a true sign of strength. Yet it wasn’t a waste either, not at all. From the top of this mountain, you could see truly far. Once he made some magical equipment that allowed him to zoom in, he would probably even be able to see First City. And even when just standing here he could already see multiple settlements.

 

| Region Alert: The First Event will start in 5 minutes |

5