Shadow in school
340 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a dark room, a girl sat at the table, holding an envelope with a large red 'A' on it in her hands. She looked at it, unsure if she should open it. Eventually, she tore it open. A small device popped out of it, bearing the name Anemo Nemo. It activated a holographic device, and suddenly, there was All Might.

All Might: "I'm here as a hologram. Greetings, young Anemo Nemo. You did well, scoring 66 points. However, there were hidden points for rescue during this test, and you have zero heroic points, placing you sixth. So, young Anemo Nemo, welcome. This is your hero academy."

Nemo sat staring at the hologram, which then turned off. She was speechless. Tears started falling onto the table. Nemo began to cry.

Nemo: "Mom, I did it."

Nemo said into the air, her voice heavy and trembling. This was a huge shock for her, even though she seemed indifferent on the outside. Despite following only Mina Ashido her whole life, she was happy, having achieved something amazing.

After calming down for a while, she opened her phone, finding around fifty missed calls and several hundred unread messages. They were from Mina.

Nemo called back, knowing Mina wouldn't stop calling until she did.

The phone started ringing. Mina picked up and started screaming into it.

Mina: "Anemo-chan, I passed! Let's celebrate outside, quickly!"

(Anemo Nemo POV)

I had nothing else to do anyway, so I started getting changed. I was a bit sad she didn't ask if I passed. But I was getting used to it. Being in the shadows and doing nothing.

I changed and went outside, where Mina was waiting for me, waving her hand. Next to her was a guy with red hair. It was Ejiro Kirishima, who also waved at me.

Kirishima: "Hey Anemo-san, how are you?"

I just looked at him, not liking this situation. Being interrogated about myself. What I've been doing, and so on.

Nemo: "Fine."

I just looked at Mina.

Nemo: "So are we going already, or are we going to stand here like a bunch of idiots, which you two already are."

Kirishima: "Hey, I'm not an idiot."

Mina: "Come on, Kirishima-kun, you'll have to get used to it. Hehe."

So we went for sushi. Kirishima and Mina chatted while I just followed them from behind. We arrived at the sushi restaurant and ordered. While waiting for our food, I pondered what it would be like. Would it be great? Would it be bad? Easy or hard?

Lost in my thoughts, I heard someone's voice. It was Mina.

Mina: "Nemo-chan, what kind of sushi did you order?"

I just looked at her.

Nemo: "I don't even know, I picked something random."

"..."

Mina started scratching her head.

Mina: "Is that all? Nothing else?"

Nemo: "No."

Our food arrived, and I ate quietly, while the two idiots in front of me chatted away. And I just listened.

After finishing the sushi, I slowly left. I was tired when I got home.

I just yelled, "I'm home!"

And as always, no response, not even a sound. But this time, instead of going to my room as usual, I went to the living room. Where I sat down and looked ahead, where there was a woman in a frame, with blue hair and a smile with shark-like teeth. I just lit a candles and placed a ramen in front of the photo.

This is my mother, her favorite food was ramen. I just looked at the photo and did nothing. There was nothing to say. Without noticing, I fell asleep.

...

I slowly started waking up, suddenly realizing I didn't have an alarm with me.

I looked at the clock.

Nemo: "Ugh, no. Why did I fall asleep like that? I need to hurry. Otherwise, I'll be late."

I quickly put on my uniform, grabbed a toast in my mouth, slung my bag over my shoulder, and ran to the bus stop.

I was just in time for the bus. In about twenty minutes, I was in front of the H-shaped building. I ran quickly. I saw someone standing in the doorway.

Nemo: 'I made it!'

I felt relieved, but there stood the green-haired guy with a girl in the doorway. I had no choice but to talk to them. So I stepped forward and spoke to them in an indifferent voice.

Nemo: "Excuse me, could you make room for me? I'd like to enter the classroom."

The girl in the doorway: "Aaaaa"

I probably startled her a bit, but they made room for me. Just before I could enter the classroom, I caught sight of a huge yellow caterpillar.

I started intensely staring at the caterpillar.

The caterpillar stood up and unzipped its suit. It was a man who looked like a homeless person.

"It took you eight seconds to calm down. My name is Aizawa Shouta. There's no time to waste. Change into these sports uniforms."

Our new teacher led us to the changing rooms.

Aizawa: "Ladies on the right, gentlemen on the left. Hurry up, I don't have all day just for changing clothes."

I entered the girls' changing room and went to a corner to start changing.

Nemo: 'Ah, I became invisible again.'

I looked around, and no one noticed anything. All the girls were changing. I thought I had disappeared from everyone's sight, but then someone bumped into me. It was Mina.

Mina: "Nemo-chan, it's nice that you're trying to hide, but nobody is hiding from me."

Then other girls noticed me and started asking me various questions.

Nemo: 'Idiot Mina, she had to do this. This is a bit too much for me.'

I quickly fled the changing room.

Outside, the teacher and most of the male students were waiting.

All the girls emerged a few seconds later. I just hid in their crowd.

And Teacher Aizawa started explaining that during this test, we would be allowed to use our quirks.

Nemo: 'I like this teacher.'

Aizawa glanced at an angry boy.

Aizawa: "Bakugo, what's your longest ball throw?"

Bakugo: "It was 67 meters."

Aizawa handed him a ball and told him to try it with his quirk.

Bakugo: "Die!"

It seems he has some emotional issues.

Mina: "Looks like fun."

Others joined her, saying how fun it would be.

I just sighed, and then I saw a smile on his face, but this smile was dark.

Aizawa: "Fun, huh? Well, when you have time to be happy like this, let me tell you this. Whoever is last, as a punishment, will be expelled from the school."

Nemo: 'Damn it, Mina just had to say it was fun.'

We all slowly

 headed to the track. Aizawa started naming everyone. We ran one after the other.

I looked at the green-haired guy, who was the slowest of all.

Nemo: "Well, at least I'll be faster than him."

Her thoughts were interrupted by her teacher.

Aizawa: "Anemo Nemo and Minoru Mineta."

Everyone looked around because they didn't know who I was, except for those two idiots, Mina and Kirishima.

I slowly made my way through the crowd. As I passed through everyone, they noticed me.

Suddenly, I felt a chill down my spine. I looked down, and there was a guy, probably named Minoru Mineta.

I slowly got to the starting line. The race began. I thought I'd use my shadow and let it carry me, but that guy was even slower than me. I just ran through the finish line.

And the robot announced.

"6.4 seconds"

And then Minoru.

"8 seconds"

And why didn't he use his quirk? Because he watched me the whole race. What a creep.

The next exercises were the usual ones we did in elementary school. Long jump, grip strength, side step. And now it was time for the ball throw.

During these exercises, I didn't use my quirk. I knew I wasn't last, so I tried to do my best without it.

The first one was the girl who was at the door, and she threw the ball infinitely high. Everyone started throwing, and I noticed something. Someone was watching us from behind the building. I slowly approached the teacher.

Nemo: "Sensei?"

Aizawa just turned to me.

Aizawa: "Don't do this, sneaking up on someone like that. What do you want?"

Although I don't know what he meant by sneaking up on someone, I just came to him normally.

I just started speaking with my indifferent voice and pointed to the one watching us.

Nemo: "Someone's watching us from over there in that corner."

Aizawa looked in that direction and nodded.

Aizawa: "Thank you, now go back."

I just nodded and went back, standing next to the red-and-white-haired guy. Both of us remained silent. And nobody noticed us, so this was the perfect spot for me.

Aizawa called me up.

I went into the circle with the ball and threw it as best as I could.

Nemo: 'Strength exercises are the worst for me.'

So I threw the ball, and...

Aizawa: "40 meters."

Nemo: 'Well, it could have been better, but what can I do.'

Next was the green-haired guy, and he threw 45, which was quite surprising. I expected him to throw a bit more.

But then I realized that the teacher had blocked his quirk.

We did more exercises until the end of all classes.

Aizawa brought out a chart with the results, and I was fourth from the bottom.

And then I looked at the one at the very bottom. It was Izuku Midoriya's name.

Suddenly, I saw the green-haired guy starting to panic. Suddenly Aizawa said something that almost knocked everyone out.

Aizawa: "Just so you all know, I lied, nobody is failing, end of class."

So I quickly changed, while everyone was frozen in place.

...

I slowly walked out of school and saw Midoriya, Uraraka, and Iida. They were chatting and blocking my way again.

Nemo: "Excuse me, we're not in some shopping mall here, get moving."

I startled all three of them, as I suddenly appeared in front of them.

Uraraka: "Anemo Nemo-san, right?"

I just nodded.

Nemo: "Just call me Anemo."

She started asking me about my quirk.

Uraraka: "So, Anemo-chan, what's your quirk? You didn't use anything during the exercises."

I frowned a bit.

Nemo: "You don't need to know that, it's not your business. I don't intend to tell."

Iida spoke up a bit.

Iida: "Anemo-san, could you be a little nicer? We're in the same class, and we should treat each other a bit better."

Nemo: "Shut up, baldie. Did you even notice me at all today? Did you even know I was there? I'm surprised Uraraka even remembered my name. So have a nice rest of the day, I still have to catch the bus."

I started walking to the bus stop.

...

I got home, greeted my family again that I was back home, but again, no response. As always.

(End of a chapter)

22