Cruel shadow
294 3 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Narration POV)

There was a girl on the street, kneeling on the ground, looking at a body, a body, it was a woman with blue hair reaching down to her back. She just lay there motionless. A wave of blood flowed from her body. The girl kept calling out to her incessantly.

???: "Mommy, mommy!"

The girl crawled to her mother. She began to touch her face. Suddenly her mother's eye moved.

That scared her.

Suddenly, she was somewhere completely different in a room. She was breathing quickly. She caught her breath.

???: "That dream again."

She checked the time. It was four in the morning, she couldn't sleep. So she did the only thing she enjoyed and forgot about the dream.

And who is she anyway? You probably already know. It's our main heroine, Anemo Nemo.

She was just starting up the game called Dungeon Dive. She began to focus on the game, but somewhere in some part of her mind, it was there, all her emotions were crammed in there. As always, she contained it within herself and left it in her head, untouched by reality.

She played the game for about an hour, she was quite satisfied, she got a legendary loot that she had wanted for a long time and finally managed to get.

She laid her phone on the table.

She still had plenty of time and was quite hungry. So she made herself some coffee and put some bread in the toaster.

In the meantime, she went to check the door. There was an envelope. Our main heroine picked it up, and who was it from? From her father. She opened it and inside were money and a small note.

#Here's some money for you, don't call or write to me. I have enough of my own worries.#

There was a chip in the envelope with the money. Nemo received a lot of money from her father. She hadn't seen him in a long time. Her father didn't want to see her. Didn't want anything to do with her. So he sent her enough money every month for her to live in luxury.

Nemo just transferred the money from the chip to her card.

Then she heard the toaster click. She had her coffee and toast with butter.

She slowly had breakfast and took a bath. She checked the time and still had a few hours before school started.

She turned on her phone again and looked at the gaming news. Her eyes stopped at one headline.

#Official launch of Baldur's Gate 6 today at 6:00 p.m. in the Kodava store. There are 200 copies available.#

She knew about this announcement, she had already pre-ordered a copy, so all she had to do was stand in line. That message just improved her mood.

She put her headphones on and started listening to music.

...

(After some time)

Nemo stood at the bus stop, waiting for the bus. Someone approached her and put their arm around her shoulder. It was Mina.

Mina: "Hey Nemo-chan, we're going together today. Some of our classmates are going later to karaoke. Will you join us?"

Nemo just shook her head negatively. And she began to speak with a more enthusiastic voice than usual.

Nemo: "Sorry Mina, but I have something important to do today, so no."

Mina just started to smile and raise her eyebrow.

Mina: "Hoho, did you find yourself a boyfriend?"

Nemo just sighed and started speaking in her usual indifferent tone.

Nemo: "No, I just need to go to the store for a game."

Mina just started muttering under her breath about how I'm not fun to hang out with.

And finally, the bus arrived. During the journey, Mina mainly talked about how she was doing and such typical things. And as always, she didn't ask Nemo how she was doing today or what she was up to.

...

Nemo and Mina just entered their classroom, where everyone was already seated, except for the teacher. Today's lesson started with an English class with Mr. Mic.

Nemo and Mina took their seats. Mina immediately started chatting with Kirishima and other students, while Nemo settled into her place. And nobody spoke to her, and as always, she became completely invisible in the class.

The door opened, and Mr. Mic entered with his English class. As he began teaching, everyone, including Nemo, thought the same thing.

""Just normal.""

...

After a few normal hours, it was time for lunch.

(Anemo Nemo's POV)

I slowly walked out of the classroom and made my way to the cafeteria. I looked around, trying to find a free table. After some time, I found one, got my school lunch, and started eating.

Nemo: "This food is excellent, how does Lunch Rush manage to make it?"

While I was eating, I suddenly heard someone talking to me. It was Uraraka, with Iida and Midoriya standing next to her.

Nemo: "Unless it's Broccoli, Baldie, and the Foul-mouthed girl."

Iida: "I'm not bald, my name is Iida."

Uraraka: "I'm Ochako Uraraka."

Midoriya: "Sorry."

Nemo just looked at them indifferently.

Nemo: "Yes, I know your names. What do you want anyway?"

Uraraka: "Well, we were wondering if we could sit with you because almost all the tables are taken. Hehe."

I looked at them for a few seconds.

Nemo: "Sure, you can."

As the foul-mouthed girl next to me sat down, she suddenly started talking to me.

Uraraka: "Anemo-san, I wanted to apologize for yesterday. I didn't realize how inappropriate it was to ask you about your Quirk."

That surprised me a bit, usually when something like that happens, people just stop talking to me altogether.

Asking someone in such a way as she did was rude.

I just nodded.

Nemo: "Apology accepted."

...

Awkward silence.

Uraraka: "Hmm, this food is so good."

And so, I became just a bystander again, listening to the three of them chat. I finished my lunch and started to leave. The three of them looked at me, but said nothing.

...

I walked back into my classroom, pulled out my phone, and started playing Dungeon Dive. I lost track of time, completely engrossed in the game until I heard it, yes, it was All Might.

All Might: "I am coming through the door like a normal person."

Suddenly, everyone started talking excitedly among themselves. I won't lie, I was pretty excited too.

All Might approached the teacher's desk.

All Might: "I will teach you the basics of becoming a hero. And today, we will have combat training. And what's important to become heroes? ...Looking good."

Suitcases started emerging from the wall. Each suitcase had a name on it. I waited for everyone to take their suitcase before I took mine.

All Might: "Now go and change into your costumes in the dressing rooms. I'll wait for you outside."

Everyone started heading to the dressing rooms. I, again, took my place all the way in the back.

I hadn't thought about this costume for too long. I began to dress up.

...

Slowly, I emerged from the tunnel where All Might was waiting for us. And what was I wearing? A blue hooded sleeveless robe open all the way up both sides and held closed by a yellow rope with a slingshot swimsuit underneath. I also wore thigh-high boots and opera gloves.

Suddenly, a chill ran down my spine as I looked at who was ogling me.

It was Mineta. I began to prepare to kill him, but All Might started talking about what we would be doing today.

All Might: "Today, you will be fighting in teams of two. One team will be villains and the others heroes. The villains will defend the bomb, and the heroes will try to touch it. Teams will be chosen by drawing lots."

All Might began drawing lots.

(Just so you know, in Class 1A, there is no Koji Koda, the one who talks to animals. I moved him to 1B.)

All Might: "So the first team will be composed of Anemo Nemo and Momo Yaoyorozu."

Momo started looking around, but she didn't notice me because I was standing behind her.

Nemo: "So, I'm on a team with you."

Momo jumped a little, startled.

Momo: "Yes, we're on a team together. Please call me Momo, my first name is quite long."

I just nodded, at least she's polite.

Nemo: "Okay, Momo-san. You can call me Nemo then. Sorry, but I'm not very good at conversations, so I apologize in advance."

Momo just smiled gently.

Momo: "That's okay, thank you for letting me know."

While we were chatting, the teams were being drawn.

All Might started rummaging in two boxes.

All Might: "And the first teams to fight each other are Team A and Team C."

(Teams are random, only the important ones are according to canon. So some will be a bit mixed up. I just don't remember which teams had which letters.)

So, Momo and I against. I looked at Team C, where Mineta and Kirishima were.

As I saw who we were up against, a creepy shark-like grin appeared on my face.

Nemo: 'That little perv is going to suffer.'

Momo: "Aah, Nemo-san, I know we're villains, but you don't have to have such a smile on your face. Well, now we can talk about our strategy."

I just nodded, and we went towards the building where the battle was supposed to take place.

Momo: "If you don't mind, could you tell me what your Quirk is? Of course, you don't have to tell me."

I just looked at her and thought for a moment.

Nemo: 'Well, she was polite about it, and besides, she seems like a decent girl.'

I opened my mouth.

Nemo: "Alright, my Quirk is called Shadow Manipulation and simply put, I can manipulate shadows, which of course means I can also merge into shadows. Also, when I get into something's shadow, I can control it. I hope you won't just go telling this to anyone."

Nemo: 'Of course, I won't tell her everything. That would be foolish of me.'

Momo just nodded.

Momo: "Of course, I understand how sensitive the topic of Quirks is. You can count on me not to tell anyone. It's a very useful and powerful Quirk. I guess you already know what Quirks Minoru and Kirishima have, so it would be helpful if we came up with a plan. Do you have anything in mind?"

Nemo: "Please share your suggestion, if you have one. Then I'll adapt accordingly."

Momo just nodded.

Momo: "Alright, I'll duplicate a few bombs and place them in several rooms. You'll defend the real bomb by hiding in the shadows. And I'll defend one fake bomb.

As I listened, it was indeed a good plan, but...

Nemo: "How many fake bombs can you make?

Momo: "Probably one or two. Of course, they'll be made of a different material, but they'll look the same. I'd also put the fake one in this room right at the top, and the real one somewhere else."

I just nodded.

Nemo: "I have one more issue with that plan. If you don't mind. Could you please defend the real one, and I'll take the fake one? My Quirk is better suited for combat, and I guess that creep and that idiot will go straight for the main one."

Momo just nodded, and we began to execute our plan.

...

(Meanwhile, in the control room)

All Might watched and listened to Team Momo and Nemo. Their plan was really good.

Iida: "Sensei, is it allowed to manipulate the bomb like that?"

All Might: "Certainly, young Iida."

They saw how there were two bombs in the same room, and Momo started to move the real one away.

Meanwhile, someone asked me a question. It was young Kaminari.

Kaminari: "Sensei, where is Anemo-san, I don't see her anywhere on the screens."

All Might just thought to himself.

All Might: 'Hmm, her Quirk, she probably already hid in the shadows. And I didn't even notice. I can't tell them what her Quirk is. I know she wouldn't like it.'

Everything was ready, it was time for the first battle.

All Might: "The battle begins!"

...

(Narration POV)

Nemo waited for the two of them for a while. After seven minutes, they both arrived.

Mineta: "Hey, look Kirishima, there's the bomb. And there's no one here, I'm starting to get a little scared."

Kirishima looked around, but there was nothing. No one. He was beginning to dislike this situation.

Mineta and Kirishima reached the bomb.

Kirishima looked at the bomb and tried to touch it, but he couldn't. His hand stopped just before the bomb, he tried again and again but couldn't move, he stood there as if paralyzed.

It was Nemo who slipped into his shadow when they entered the room.

Nemo began to control Kirishima's body, grabbing Mineta.

Mineta: "Kirishima, what's happe..."

Before he could finish, he received a hefty blow to his jewels.

Kirishima: "Mineta, I'm sorry, I can't control my body."

Kirishima, being controlled by Nemo, began to punch Mineta's jewels. Mineta started to cry from the pain. His jewels turned in to smithereens.

Meanwhile, Nemo darkly smiled from the shadows.

...

Meanwhile, in the monitoring room, all the men were watching the scene as if they were in a horror movie, and they all winced in sympathy.

All Might: "Young Anemo, that's enough!"

The girls in the monitoring room had two conflicting emotions. On one hand, they wanted to see the pervert suffer even more, and on the other hand, they felt a bit sorry for him.

...

Nemo decided to reveal herself, but she didn't want anyone to see her using her Quirk. So, she covered the camera with a shadow to conceal her actions.

Nemo taped up Kirishima, who still couldn't move.

And Mineta was already unconscious. She decided to tape him up as well. Then, she removed the shadow from the camera.

All Might: "It's over, the villain team wins."

I untied Kirishima, who looked at me.

Kirishima: "How did you do that? It wasn't very pleasant."

Nemo: "I won't tell you, and it was your fault for getting caught like that."

I put my hands into my costume and began to walk away.

Outside the entrance, Momo was waiting for me.

Momo: "What did you do to them? To make All Might yell like that."

Nemo: "Well, let's just say I gave the perv, beating he will never forget."

As we entered the monitoring room,

All Might: "So, can someone tell me who was the MVP of this match?"

(End of a chapter)

21