Unexpected guest.
13 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Finally! What took you so long?" Haze hopped off the rock as he saw Alexis approaching.

"Haze…" Alexis sighed under her breath.

"So…what did you think?" Haze asked excitedly.

"…" Alexis took a deep breath. "Is whoever told you to tell that story the same person who taught you that skill?"

"…" Haze held his breath. He grit his teeth in frustration. "Yes…"

"I thought so." Alexis smiled wryly. "It was incredibly unbelievable."

"What was?" Hazed with a frustrated sigh.

"Watching my weak little Haze manhandle both Jack and Blasius at the same time." Alexis chuckled.

"It's only to be expected. I've been taught by the best." Haze smirked.

"He must be quite the powerful cultivator…" Alexis sighed.

'I meant you…' Haze bit his lip.

"Excuse me." Haze sighed once more. "I need to go schedule a meeting with Father."

"I'll take you." Alexis smiled. "I can just walk in as long as he doesn't have any important guests."

The two walked in silence. They said nothing as the mood seemed heavy.

'I should just accept that she knows I'm not weak happily. Even I wouldn't believe it if a weakling I knew came up to me and said that he came back from the future.' Haze sighed. 'At least she still trusts me.'

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"Who is it?" Sirius's voice was heard from the other side.

"Father, it's me. Alexis." Alexis called out.

"Come in!" Sirius heartily laughed.

The two entered together.

"Oh…Haze…how are you? I haven't seen you in so long!" Sirius faked his happiness. All three of them knew the nature of the relationship between Haze and Sirius, but it was a farce that they had to keep going…for Alexis's sake.

"I've been well, Father." Haze superficially smiled.

"What have you come for, my daughter?" Sirius asked.

"I wish to ask for something to help Haze, Father." Alexis said as she respectfully sat in front of him.

"What may that be?" Sirius braced himself for the worst.

"He wishes to access the Falon Zone." Alexis bowed her head. "I know it's too much to ask for, but please consider it."

Sirius looked at Haze. Haze simply shrugged helplessly.

"…" Sirius seemed to be in thought.

"Fine." Sirius sighed as he came to a decision. "However, I will not allow it until he does something."

"What is it?" Alexis was ecstatic.

"He must give a formal apology." Sirius sneered.

"To you?" Alexis raised an eyebrow. She then turned to Haze and whispered, "What did you do?!"

"No." Sirius shook his head. "To the Ethos clan."

"Ethos clan?!" Alexis seemed a little enraged. "Why does he have to apologize to them?!"

"Their young master was humiliated in our Falon Estate because of Haze." Sirius said seriously. "Our relationship is a little strained. A little apology from Haze would smooth things over a little as well as advance your relationship with Matthew."

"Tsk." Alexis clicked her tongue. "I understand."

"I'll arrange for your visit in a week." Sirius nodded happily. He then turned to Haze. "I don't want you to cause us any troubles. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes, Father." Haze bowed slightly before leaving with Alexis.

"…"

"…"

After walking for around two minutes or so, Haze spoke up. "You don't like Matthew?"

"It's not that I don't like him." Alexis sighed. "I just have someone else I like."

"Is there any way for you to back out of the engagement?" Haze asked.

"Father demands I reach at least the Peak Nascent Soul realm before I reach 40." Alexis sighed.

"That's ridiculous!" Haze was taken aback. Alexis was 34 this year! 6 years to go from the Peak Golden Core to Peak Nascent Soul would be difficult for even himself! He would have to blow through an insane amount of resources to do that.

"I've resigned myself to it." Alexis smiled bitterly.

"No! I will solve this issue for you!" Haze boldly proclaimed.

"I will count on you." Alexis sarcastically replied.

"Please do!" Haze said confidently. Haze pretended to remember something. "Ah! I forgot to tell Father something."

"Let's go back." Alexis sighed.

"Actually, can you please go inform Mystra that we will be training in combat for a week or so?" Haze said as he hurriedly ran to the main building. "Thank you!"

"…" Alexis sighed and smiled. "I hope he doesn't get himself in trouble."

Knock. Knock.

Haze didn't wait for a reply before he opened the door.

"Don't you have self respect, boy?" Sirius glared.

"What will it take to get Alexis out of her engagement?" Haze asked.

"Don't tell me…you want to marry her?" Sirius sneered at him.

"No, but I don't want her to be in a marriage she doesn't approve off." Haze replied.

"…" Sirius simply stared at him then sighed. "If you can convince the Ethos clan to back out of it, I don't care. I need the Ethos clan's manpower."

"Got it." Haze nodded and unceremoniously left while closing the door behind him.

Sirius sighed in frustration. "I wish he would be as serious about his cultivation as he is about his sister."

Sirius had originally adopted Haze due to Alexis's suggestion and Haze's incredible talent.

Haze caught up to Alexis before she could reach Mystra.

"You're done already?" Alexis raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I just wanted to clarify that I wish to take Mystra with me to the Falon Zone." Haze smiled.

"Hm...?" Alexis simply looked at him with suspicion.

"So...what realm are you at?" Haze asked with a nervous chuckle.

"Peak Golden Core realm." Alexis said proudly.

"Fire, I presume?" Haze asked.

"Yes." Alexis smirked.

"Such a waste...if you were Lightning, I could've given you so many techniques." Haze sighed.

"Don't just spread your master's secret techniques. I heard that powerful cultivators like secrecy the most." Alexis warned.

"I understand, Elder Sister." Haze nodded. After all, it was true. He immediately thought of when he was an Immortal. 'Mystra went into seclusion because everyone kept bothering her about everything.'

"Good." Alexis nodded in satisfaction. "Well, I have some important business to attend to."

"Oh? What do you have?" Haze tilted his head.

"Did you forget that I am Elder Alexis of the Falon clan?" Alexis sneered. "I'm going to test the new batch of disciples."

"Good luck with that, I guess." Haze bid her farewell with a wave of his hand. He then popped his head up. "Oh, right! Elder Sister, can I borrow some spirit stones?"

"Huh? Why would you need spirit stones?" Alexis looked astonished. He was Young Master Haze who was known to pay for everything using his name.

"..." Haze made a difficult face.

"I see!" Alexis laughed aloud. "You finally learned the meaning of shame?"

"Here." Alexis's ring started to shine as a bag filled with something heavy appeared in front of the two of them. "Don't spend it all in one place."

Saying that, Alexis walked away. Haze seemed in thought as he sighed. 'To think that such a powerful item would be so commonly available...'

He had thought that spatial rings were too powerful and profound to simply be in the hands of even Qi Condensation realm cultivators. It turns out that a certain True Emperor realm cultivator used his Law of Space to mass-produce these rings and made a fortune out of them.

"200 spirit stones, huh?" Haze nodded in satisfaction and walked ahead. "It should be enough for both of us."

He continued until he reached the living area of the Falon clan's main line. He saw three figures standing there. Two male figures with a female figure spearheading their formation.

It was Jack with his bandaged eye, Gabriel with his bruised face, and Chloe who was folding her arms with a frown.

"What's this? A clown show?" Haze asked coldly.

For some reason unknown to Chloe, her two elder brothers flinched.

"Did you hurt Jack and Gabriel?!" Chloe demanded an answer.

"So what if I did?" Haze glared back.

"What?" Chloe was flabbergasted for a moment. Haze would usually bow down to her and he might even bark if she asked to. "I-I...I don't understand why you would hurt your brothers to such a degree!"

"I have a deal for you two." Haze smiled mysteriously as he lifted his shirt, revealing his scar. "I'll pay you two back for this, then we'll call it even."

Gabriel took a single step back.

Click.

Rae opened Blasius's door as she walked out with a sigh. The scene instantly petrified her, she immediately ran back in.

"I wonder what that was about..." Chloe muttered.

"Chloe." Haze called out with a sinister chill in his voice. "Move."

Chloe unconsciously took half a step backwards. She grit her teeth and frowned. "Apologize to them and I might forgive you!"

Lightning Body.

Bolt.

Paralysis.

Thud.

Thud.

Lightning flashed as the three siblings' visions turned blue. Haze had filled his body with lightning using Lightning Body, then he rushed forward while using lightning to propel himself forward by causing a blast in the opposite direction he wants which was the 2nd skill of the Lightning Immortal Technique, Bolt. Lastly, he put his palms on each of his brothers' backs, sending a current straight through their spine and causing a momentary shutdown in their systems. That move, the Lightning Immortal Technique's 6th skill, Paralysis, wasted an enormous amount of his Qi. If he wanted to actually use it in battle properly, he'd have to tap into his Law reserves.

The two brothers hit the ground while frothing at the mouth.

He quickly turned around Jack's lean body and ripped off his shirt. He then used his finger filled with lightning to inscribe into him the following words, 'The trash Haze's little bitch.'

"STOP!!" Blasius burst through the door. Both his arms were in a cast.

"Don't interfere with that maniac!!" Rae's voice called out after him.

"B-Blasius?" Chloe looked at Blasius with fear in her eyes. She could understand Gabriel who always goofed off, she could even understand the minimal damage to Jack's eye, that could be explained with a sneak attack. But Blasius...he looked like he received a very thorough beating.

"Haze!! Please! Let Gabriel go!" Blasius immediately kneeled despite his broken ribs.

"Raise your head." Haze quickly released his Lightning Body and moved to support Blasius.

"I'll take his punishment for him!!" Blasius announced.

"Very well..." Haze nodded.

"Wait!! I'll take the punishment!!" Rae stood between Haze and Blasius.

"I don't care which of you will take the punishment." Haze sighed. "Decide before tomorrow and make sure the person meets me on the training grounds tomorrow, or else all of you will face a more severe punishment."

"…"

"…"

"…"

"…"

"…WAIT!!" Chloe broke the silence.

"What?" Haze turned to her with frustrated sigh.

"I told you to apologize!" Chloe stomped her foot.

"…" Haze ignored her as he walked into his room.

"I'm sorry. I tried to stop them, but I couldn't fight them without your permission. I can't afford that kind of punishment." Mystra shrugged with an awkward smile.

"No problem. That was a good decision. I doubt you could've beaten Jack anyway. I really need to train your rank." Haze sighed. "From today onwards, we will stop cultivation and start training your hand-to-hand combat and daggers usage."

"But I've never used daggers before, I'm more familiar with a longsword." Mystra clarified.

"I know, but the Lightning Immortal Technique works best with daggers due to their light weight and incredible stealth." Haze explained.

"A cultivation technique that relies on weapons?" Mystra asked.

"Of course." Haze nodded. "All cultivation techniques that are higher than the Law Essence realm rely on weapons for some of their skills."

"Law Essence realm?" Mystra tilted her head.

'Ah. I almost forgot. The highest realm anyone has heard of within the Escoile Empire is the Enlightenment realm.' Haze nodded in understanding. "Let me explain it to you then. I will simply mention the names of these realms. The chances of you encountering someone of that realm here is minuscule. That number won't increase for a long time."

"I-I see." Mystra nodded in fake understanding.

Haze sighed. "What is the highest realm you know of?"

"The Law Essence realm." Mystra puffed her chest with pride.

Haze flicked her forehead. "Don't play smart with me."

"The Enlightenment realm…" Mystra said as she rubbed her forehead.

"After Soul Formation is the Enlightenment realm, then the Law Essence realm. After that is the Law Lord, then False Emperor, True Emperor, and finally, the Immortal realm." Haze explained.

"I see…" Mystra nodded. "Then our technique must be pretty high level. Where did you get it anyway?"

"That's a secret. I will tell you in the future." Haze said as he motioned for her to follow him. "For now, we have to help you reach at least the Intermediate rank in daggers."

"Alright!" Mystra got up excitedly.

The two left their room and heard the sound of yelling from Blasius's room.

Haze sighed as he continued walking. Couples had to have their fights.

'Damn…I really want to go running to mine already!' Haze thought in comical frustration.

They continued walking and chatting until they reached the training grounds. Alexis hadn't allowed them to use her private training grounds, so they had to preserve a separate one. The elder on duty was quite surprised.

"Young Master Haze! What are you doing here?" the elder assumed a respectful tone. Though he was an elder, he didn't have the familiarity with Haze as Connor did. He had to respect the patriarch's children.

"I wish to reserve a training ground, as private as possible please." Haze said.

"It will cost quite a lot." the elder explained blatantly. He knew that Haze had never done a single mission, nor does he get any money from his father. This particular elder wasn't like Mystra who was going to let him use the facility without paying.

"A public one then." Haze sighed in surrender.

"Very well, just head to training ground number 8. It should be empty." the elder nodded.

"Thank you." Haze nodded. He then turned to the awestruck Mystra. It was her first time coming here. "Let's go!"

Mystra was originally a trusted disciple of the clan, but before she could even start cultivating, she was offered a job in the Healing Pond. That stripped her of her status as a disciple and gave her the status of an influential servant. She had her special perks, yet her disciple perks were taken away before she could make use of them.

"Mystra!" a woman with bright pink hair approached Mystra with a large smile.

"Joy?!" Mystra was quite surprised to see this woman. "What are you doing here?! I thought Young Master John took you as his servant!"

"John?" Haze tilted his head.

"The youngest master of clan Ethos, John Ethos." Joy clarified. "You must be Young Master Haze, pleasure to meet you. I am John Ethos's betrothed, Joy Ethos."

"You got engaged?!" Mystra started to catch up with her old friend.

Meanwhile, Haze was losing his shit.

'Death Immortal John Ethos?!?! What the hell is he doing here???' Haze's breathing turned rough. He quickly composed himself. "May I meet Young Master John while you two catch up?"

"Of course!" Joy smiled. She dragged the two of them over to a blonde man swinging a spear around.

As a Lord rank in spears, Haze recognized that this young man, who appeared to be only 17 years of age, had a rank of Advanced in spears. He was well nearing the Master rank.

"John." Joy called out.

"Joy!" John turned around happily. "Are those your friends? Introduce me!"

"This is my friend Mystra! She's been with me for 7 years before I joined you! I consider her my sister, so she's your sister-in-law!" Joy explained.

"A pleasure to meet you!" John reached out for a handshake.

Mystra bowed instead.

"Come on! You're my sister-in-law! We shouldn't stand on ceremony!" John chuckled.

"Uhm…" Mystra looked towards Haze who simply nodded. She reached out and shook his hand. "Pleasure to meet you too!"

"And you are?" John smiled towards Haze.

"Haze Falon." Haze reached his hand out.

John frowned and didn't shake Haze's hand. "Pleasure to meet you, Young Master Haze."

"The pleasure's all mine." Haze didn't take it to heart and simply smiled. 'Seems like he doesn't have a good impression of me. I shouldn't push it.'

"Well…excuse me." John sighed and got back to training.

"Uhm…Haze…" Mystra looked Haze expectantly.

Haze sighed and waved her off. "Go have fun."

"Thank you!!" Mystra said as she dragged Joy away. She wasn't going to wait for Haze to change his mind.

Haze sighed as he looked at John train.

"…" Haze frowned. He then muttered in confusion. "Who the hell taught him how to use a spear…?"

1